FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Any ICT fans in Sydney for the final?

GoldenDelicious

Hello,  I am looking for any fellow ICT fans in Sydney while the final is on that fancy going to watch the game at Cheers bar, or if they know of anywhere else that is showing the game?  There is some paddys day parade on that night too so should be a busy night! 

I cannot be the only Invernessian in Sydney while the cup final is on?

Cheers guys.

Be fascinating to see if you get a response, GoldenDelicious!

Using a very unscientific method based on assumption and ratios, there could well be roughly 10 ex-Pat ICT fans in Sydney.

UK population 63,000,000,     Inverness 63,000    (1 in 1000 are Invernessians)

Estimated UK diaspora population in Australia = 1,300,000     (1,300 Invernessians)

Population of Sydney (3,500,000) relative to Australia (23,500,000) =  apprx 15%

15% of the 1,300 Invernessians = 195 in Sydney

With ICT's average home support being around 1 in 20 of the population of Inverness, 1/20 of 195 = 10.

Just a rough 'ball park' guesstimate! Good luck tracking them down! :smile:

• Agree 7

Hello,  I am looking for any fellow ICT fans in Sydney while the final is on that fancy going to watch the game at Cheers bar, or if they know of anywhere else that is showing the game?  There is some paddys day parade on that night too so should be a busy night! 

Cheers guys.

I have just recently emigrated to Sydney and was checking for places that could possibly show it, but thought i'd have to do with buying a setanta online package.. unless cheers bar is!?

Cheers guys.

I have just recently emigrated to Sydney and was checking for places that could possibly show it, but thought i'd have to do with buying a setanta online package.. unless cheers bar is!?

It was an Aberdeen fan spreading the word that Cheers bar were showing the game, I can't see it scheduled on their website, but it does say that games been shown are subject to demand so if enough of us are there i'm sure they will show it.  It's just a matter of finding the Inverness fans that are here. 

From what I've heard they have a good set up with a lot of TV's around the bar showing various sports games from UK leagues so I can't see why they wouldn't be showing a cup final.  Going to try and give them a phone to see if they can confirm they are showing the game or not. 

Heres the website if you want to check it out -  http://www.cheersbar.com.au/sports/

Using a very unscientific method based on assumption and ratios, there could well be roughly 10 ex-Pat ICT fans in Sydney.

Estimated UK diaspora population in Australia = 1,300,000     (1,300 Invernessians)

Population of Sydney (3,500,000) relative to Australia (23,500,000) =  apprx 15%

With ICT's average home support being around 1 in 20 of the population of Inverness, 1/20 of 195 = 10.

What an absolutely brilliant example of a clever "back of an envelope calculation"! :smile: The mathematical logic looks totally sound to me although I might quibble at one of the assumptions. That relates to the Inverness population figure of 63,000 which is indeed the current statistic but if the city's population is going to be used to estimate an Inverness diaspora in Sydney then maybe a somewhat lower figure might be appropriate since the Inverness population at the time that the individuals concerned became "disaporate" :lol:  enough to want to relocate would have been rather less since growth has been very rapid in recent years.

Cheers guys.

It was an Aberdeen fan spreading the word that Cheers bar were showing the game, I can't see it scheduled on their website, but it does say that games been shown are subject to demand so if enough of us are there i'm sure they will show it.  It's just a matter of finding the Inverness fans that are here. 

From what I've heard they have a good set up with a lot of TV's around the bar showing various sports games from UK leagues so I can't see why they wouldn't be showing a cup final.  Going to try and give them a phone to see if they can confirm they are showing the game or not. 

Heres the website if you want to check it out -  http://www.cheersbar.com.au/sports/

Ah, sounds good!

Forgot to factor in the Aussie refuseniks. :blink:

Forgot to factor in the Aussie refuseniks. :blink:

At least 12 of the 10 will boycott the game because of the merger.

• Agree 5

Third of the way there sneck boy as elder boy and his friend that's with him are Ict fans only 7 more to go to reach 10 would it be better asking on some Australian source as not all inversneckians will be on Cto

I can throw 3 more ICT fans in Sydney into the mix although not sure how valid the stats are. I was born in Inverness but left after 9 months nearly 40 years ago + my indoctrinated 2 kids. As for coming to the pub I'll see how the day goes... I'm only reticent to come for the same reason I've not flown home for the final which is the imminent arrival if another ICT fan into my family.

If I do decide to come, what time r u thinking of being there from?

Thanks Alex! Not had any luck finding any more Inverness fans out here... Cheers is definitely showing the game so I'll be heading there sometime between midnight and 1, need to be there before half one with this new curfew, and for kickoff! :)