Can you remember ?

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:26 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

image.jpg

Caley Park c1964-65. Come down Balnacraig Rd from Dalneigh around 1:30, "joop in" over the back gate to avoid paying the 9d at the turnstiles, scour the ground for the MacKintosh's empties from the previous home game, cash them in for 3d each at the shop, buy Cow Toffee/Penny Dainties and a bag of crisps and keep the rest to go towards paying 1s or 1/6d to get into the Playhouse/La Scala the following Saturday if Caley were away.

16 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Just spent a happy couple of hours on this thread again, going back over old times with some Old Timers......'

Thanks for the memories IHE , great stuff and fine photographs.

You know the old saying..."the more things change the more they stay the same."

Don't forget the Young Timer Scarlet :wink:

Forget INTERNET BUGATTI (Chiron) MAN?  Perish the thought !   

Rarely has the Wizard of Oz been so dynamically supplanted as by the presence of the catalytically converted, car crazy  always knowing, rarely contradicted, even contra-indicated Doctor of dynamic directional movers, the one and only  young-timer "I like BABES in MOTORS " cruiser of the Deutsch Autobahn fast lanes and Inverness's answer to a lady mechanic's prayer.....HIMSELF.

Surely......"Never!".  Even Charlie BannerPerson would not reply to that........?

7 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Forget INTERNET BUGATTI (Chiron) MAN?  Perish the thought !   

Rarely has the Wizard of Oz been so dynamically supplanted as by the presence of the catalytically converted, car crazy  always knowing, rarely contradicted, even contra-indicated Doctor of dynamic directional movers, the one and only  young-timer "I like BABES in MOTORS " cruiser of the Deutsch Autobahn fast lanes and Inverness's answer to a lady mechanic's prayer.....HIMSELF.

Surely......"Never!".  Even Charlie BannerPerson would not reply to that........?

Correct - given that I haven't a bloody clue as to what you're on about, Scarlet!!

Well, IHE you  beat me to it. :lol:

Charlie, sure you do, you sly devil. But you were a teacher,  so what can you expect? Teachers live in a Bubble of Academe and can't relate to the real world unless they are other teachers.  So they use big words  like Academe and us plebs can't understand the lingo and, and.......

However, I'm surprised that IBM hasn't  replied, though ,'cos I was really nice to him, like.:wave:

• Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Was that a Bowling Club ?

image.jpg

Yes Waterloo Bowling Club, it's still there.  Not much on the north side of the railway apart from Shore Street and the Citadel, no Burnetts Bakery!  A big space between Abban Street and Dunabban Road.  The white building on Dunabban Road was where Williamson the scrap metal merchant was in the late 60's and you got 10 shillings for an old battery and £1 for a heavy duty one :smile: 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2015 at 8:53 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well I sat in one of those but I often had to stand up for ....

image.jpg

Well I NEVER EVER had to take any of that kerryon !  Although I remember a guy named Noble snatched it out of the singing teacher's hand and said "if you ever try to do that again . . .".

Claunie Inn (easier with the name on) from the early 60's with Ford Popular and Standard Vanguard estate.  The road would have been mostly single track then.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just that the background looks a bit like the Glen Mhor Distillery (that I the one on the opposite ide to the Caley Park isn't it?) That would therefore place the building across the Muirtown Basin at Blackpark/Clachnaharry. Unless what seems to be a waterway is the river and not the canal in which case might it be the Thornbush Inn?

10 minutes ago, IBM said:

You won't get much for a Half Crown now :ohmy:

Funny how quoting current prices in old money makes things seem much more expensive because you instantly adopt pre-decimal price norms. For instance 16 shillings for a Tuesday Courier or 11 bob for a second class stamp. For half a crown, you can get a single banana.