Team for Aberdeen

Guest Shaun

Essons distribution isnt as good, he always punts the ball long and high, we rarely have a keeper clearance or kick out where we retain the first ball when Esson is in goal. Brill tries to kick long but also throws and distributes to build from the back - when Esson plays our build up play changes to trying to pick up the ball or regain possession lost from goal kicks.

The rest of their play is comparable, but perhaps just based on length of time playing together we look stronger as a defensive unit with Brill.

• Agree 1

Show me his bloopers then try and find as many that Esson has made.

Perhaps we see things differently ? That's perfectly all right, you are entitled to say your piece as I am mine. I have however noticed that Esson does lose his concentration from time to time and has done for a long time now, it may be momentarily but it can be costly. i.e. The County game as well as this last one are two examples and there were many more before he got injured and was replaced by Brill. I remember commenting some while back about it taking a goal against us for Esson to wake up then he would play brilliantly.

Do I also remember a long spell of clean sheets with Brill in charge ? 

Personally I favour Brill but what matters is who Yogi thinks is the better keeper.  Brill started the season as first choice keeper and Esson only came into the side because Brill was injured.  Esson has done fine in the meantime but has not performed in a way that would suggest he has taken over the mantle of first choice keeper.  I therefore see no reason to think that Yogi would not still see Brill as number 1 and would expect Brill to play if he is fully fit.  I know he has been on the bench but I wonder if he is fully fit yet.  My guess is that he's very nearly back to full fitness and we are in the position where Yogi judges that it is more of a risk to play Brill than Esson but at the same time more of a risk to have a 3rd string keeper on the bench than Brill.  I would expect Brill to be in the starting line up either tomorrow or at the weekend. 

What happened last game that brought Esson to your attention? Certainly not his fault Clarkson scored. Brill has been better than he was dealing with pass backs, but still leaves it later than he should on occasion. I'm not fussed which keeper plays, but I think the criticism of Esson on here is unjust. People have short memories, and absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• Agree 1

Inverness CT:- Esson, Raven, Warren, Meekings, Shinnie, Doran, Draper, Williams, Tansey, Ross, Watkins.

Substitutes: Brill, Ofere, Devine, Polworth, Horner, Christie, Kink 

Aberdeen:- Brown, Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine, McGinn, Flood, Robson, Hayes, Pawlett, Rooney

Substitutes: Langfield Daniels McLean Low Smith Goodwillie Shankland

Referee:- Calum Murray, assisted by Dougie Potter & Mark McLean and fourth official Nick Walsh