FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CC to go in the summer

chris123

Guest Jock Watt

There's no doubt that many of the regular posters on here will say "what the **** does he know about it from 13,000 miles away?".  Most posters here certainly will know a great deal more than I about the behind-the-scenes activity that goes on all the time, BUT, what "our" team has achieved in its short history has made me a very proud Inversneckian and follower of the ICT.

Poor old CC hasn't been manager all that long and please don't forget that managers don't win games, it's the 11 on the field who have to do that!

I'm delighted that CC has told the players that as far as he's concerned it's "shape up or ship out" time for them!  I just hope that the players who are told they are no longer required at the end of this season are replaced by players who will always give of their all and turn out to be better practitioners of their craft.

I have been very disappointed, as I can tell other supporters also are, at the number of games that on the face of it should have been fairly safe wins for the ICT, but wasn't!!  The sooner CC changes that around the better for the blood pressure of all of us !!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as we all crave "news from the dressing room" and like to get our teeth into a good rumour about the goings on at the club, their are boundaries and whoever leaked this 'story' has crossed the line IMO.

I would imagine it was one of the players who was singled out looking for a little payback and since they were unwilling to attach their name to the story or offer up a direct quote then they are nothing but a coward and a Judas in my book.

Life has a habit of providing payback of it's own and I hope whoever it was gets their comeuppance.

Guest donmac298

I think you mis-understood my comment IHE - I was referring to Colin Hendry when I said you were at it again!

life experience and an idea of the pressures of management and leadership  fifty years of life experience....team leader.......emergency response team leader.............diploma from the National Examining Board for Supervisory Managers..............employed in one of the most dangerous industries in the world :016:

my inside info. is usually spot on yep thats true..........young lad from county who's now at Liverpool..............Colin Henry.....yep, spot on as always Johndo :016:

And finally, if we were to take on a new manager I'd rather have PLG than PL.

But I have spent 30 years looking after people like you.  :001:

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Let's wait for the P&J to update today and see if today's article fills you with any more confindence in the situation.  I would say it's quite clear that CC is unhappy and wants to see changes.  A meeting today between Charlie and our director of football is going to clear the air and an announcement made to the press to hopefully calm the situation.

Gee Whizz!!  I find myself agreeing with what Clacher said to Chib... :010: :010: :001:

all except Ian MacColl.... :007:

I certainly used to think he'd be good for us up until he went to the Arabs - now I'm not so sure....  though he probably wasn't given much of a chance there TBH.

It is ludicrous for names to be banded about as potential successors to CC when he is still in charge and will once again

ensure our survival at the highest level of Scottish football for another season....

The last thing ICT need right now is their third manager inside 2 years.... Do we really want to go down that road that Hearts have taken?

id go for ian mccall myself, paul lambert would be a mistake, he was a ****e to everybody at livi

Clacher....

It's not that long ago you were rootin' for Blobby Williamson to take over when Brewster left....

What has he done since he was turned down by the ICT?

What has Brewster achieved since he quit ICT..?  And Robbo..?

Not a **** of a lot....

For a man still learning the ins & outs of football management CC is doing a fecking brilliant job.... :022:

Guest Bonzo

It is as though you (and others) want him to walk so you can be proved right... to be quite honest it is a fcuking disgrace that you find it so easy to name a replacement for him when he is still at the helm.

John Robertson

Paul Lambert

Ian Stewart ......................

the list is endless.

For once I agree with you.

It IS easy.

So, let's go for it.

That's the way DBS nice and positive.

I think CC should stay, as he has put teams out this season that have played some good  football. All he needs to do now is sign some decent players, often a manager lives and dies on by who he signs.

In my opinion a defender to replace Dodds, a new midfiled that can pass a ball forwards in the direction of the oppostion goal and at least one stiker capapble of putting the ball in the net and we'll be laughing.   

Remember posting this Bonzo..?

You weren't screaming for his head at that time....  :016:

FOOTBALL / ICT / Charlie Christie - An Inspirational Leader  on: December 27, 2006, 09:10:20 PM 

Great night.

The team looked well up for it -

they were well organised and played to a good plan.

The team selection was spot on and the substitution and it's timing impeccable!

Off to HMV tomorrow to buy a Humble Pie CD in the sale.

(Glad to see that my prediction of a new record being set tonight proved correct - with our highest ever home gate)

"Clacher....

It's not that long ago you were rootin' for Blobby Williamson to take over when Brewster left....

What has he done since he was turned down by the ICT?

What has Brewster achieved since he quit ICT..?  And Robbo..?"

what williamson wouldve brought to us was a history of steady success and stability, he managed to get killie and hibs into europe 5 out of 7 years while a manager in scotland and took both sides to cup finals (winning the league cup for kilmarnock).  he was sacked by plymouth argyle because they expected to be fighitng for the championship title on their second season there, they spent crazy amounts of money and it didnt suit williamsons style at all, he was sacked in SEPTEMBER of his second full season.  at hibs and killie he always tried to bring through young talent slowly by building new structures for youth development, both of those teams are reaping the rewards for his efforts years ago right now.

we didnt hire him because those in our little stadium were scared he would take over or he would move on, more chance of **** freezing over than cc demanding investment and changes to the way we coach youngsters at inverness, also the board didnt want a manager good enough for other clubs to come and tap up!

why he hasnt got a job since leaving argyle i dont know, i think ict's was the only job hes applied for, nevermind we have charlie crying in the changing room about walking out now

Guest Bonzo

FOOTBALL / ICT / Charlie Christie - An Inspirational Leader  on: December 27, 2006, 09:10:20 PM 

Great night.

(Glad to see that my prediction of a new record being set tonight proved correct - with our highest ever home gate)

Sorry to see that my sarcasm escaped you.

"Inspirational leader"?. Come on!!

And my prediction was not for a high gate - it was for a record defeat.

Guest Bonzo

.....Franck Sauzee, Bertie Vogts, John Barnes, Alex Miller, Paul le Guen.... in fact... anybody but Charlie Christie, eh Bonzo?

Correct.

Charlie Christie??

I'd rather see us with Tony Christie,

or even Agatha Christie for that matter.

what williamson wouldve brought to us was a history of steady success and stability, he managed to get killie and hibs into europe 5 out of 7 years while a manager in scotland and took both sides to cup finals (winning the league cup for kilmarnock).  he was sacked by plymouth argyle because they expected to be fighitng for the championship title on their second season there, they spent crazy amounts of money and it didnt suit williamsons style at all, he was sacked in SEPTEMBER of his second full season.  at hibs and killie he always tried to bring through young talent slowly by building new structures for youth development, both of those teams are reaping the rewards for his efforts years ago right now.

we didnt hire him because those in our little stadium were scared he would take over or he would move on, more chance of **** freezing over than cc demanding investment and changes to the way we coach youngsters at inverness, also the board didnt want a manager good enough for other clubs to come and tap up!

why he hasnt got a job since leaving argyle i dont know, i think ict's was the only job hes applied for, nevermind we have charlie crying in the changing room about walking out now

That actually makes impressive reading, Clacher.... I think you should contact Mr Blobby and offer to write a cv for him....!!

Great night.

Sorry to see that my sarcasm escaped you.

"Inspirational leader"?. Come on!!

And my prediction was not for a high gate - it was for a record defeat.

You started that thread - "Inspirational leader" was your title....

I must admit I was completely taken in with that one.... I genuinely thought you were acknowldging that Charlie did a really good job that night....

So you were just being sarcastic?

Latest from the P & J:

Caley Thistle's public relations machine finally lumbered into life last night to insist all is well at the Caledonian Stadium.

More than 48 hours after being asked to comment on manager Charlie Christie's weekend outburst at his players, the club yesterday chose to turn its attention on the Scottish media.

The Inverness manager did not deny hinting at quitting the club when questioned on Tuesday, while director of football Graeme Bennett admitted he had been made aware of Christie's veiled threat to resign on Sunday.

No action was taken until four days later following a meeting of club directors and the manager yesterday.

With Christie's comments in the public domain, Caley Thistle forced into a response yesterday - despite initially issuing a brief statement two days previously which insisted the club would not comment on events in the dressing-room.

Rather than clearing the matter, there appear to be more smoke and mirrors in the latest statement. The spin from Inverness on budget day would have made Chancellor Gordon Brown proud.

Caley Thistle chairman Alan Savage insists the club will continue to move forward with Christie at the helm following the talks.

Savage said: "We needed to hear Charlie's own thoughts, rather than media versions of them, and we've had a frank and open discussion, from which I've emerged very reassured.

"Directors were as surprised as supporters by the media stories, as we have offered Charlie every encouragement and backing. He's made it clear how disappointed he is at how his emotional response has come across.

"Charlie has expressed regret for uncertainty caused. We've drawn a line under it, and we go forward together."

Drawn a line?

Either Christie wants to be manager or he does not.

The manager can explain.

Christie said: "It's a great relief to get the opportunity to have such a discussion and explain the facts. I know it's a quiet week for club football, but media accounts of what I said were a million miles away from my real intent."

Now all is well again - despite the two-day delay in relaying the good news to supporters.

Christie continued: "I never, at any time, said I was on the verge of quitting, and it's been a distressing few days having that spin put on what was an emotive outburst at players after a surprise defeat.

"But I was immensely gratified at our normal team meeting on Monday when players said they felt the team had stepped forward another level in the past 12 months."

Savage, it seems, has been reassured all is rosy once more at his club. It is back to business as usual, he claims, and the whole matter has been blown out of proportion.

The Caley Thistle chairman said: "I know fans have been baffled by stories since the Dunfermline game, but the bottom line is a very promising young manager, who has achieved much in 14 months, is staying at Caley Thistle.

"We're now looking to continue progress on various initiatives with next season in mind. The board and management team are fully united going forward. We've had a good discussion today, it's back to business as usual and we're working with Charlie to write new chapters in this club's extraordinary success story."

Having caused the furore in the first place, it is fitting that the Caley Jags manager has the final word.

But even then, the seeds of doubt remain sown.

He said: "I'm my own harshest critic, but in recent months we've beaten Rangers twice and been 90 seconds from a Scottish Cup semi-final, so we have made progress.

"I look forward to the challenge of making more progress next season and can assure the fans that I'm very committed to this club on an ongoing basis."

Ongoing for two months, two years or two decades.

That is for Christie and his directors to decide.

P & J

Interesting to note Paul Third seriously getting the digs in at ICT here, or is that just me?