FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What are you going to do?

STFU

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

Today marks the 30th Anniversary of the historic votes which led to the merger and the creation of ICT.  The intervening years have brought a great deal of success with the club having won the Scottish Cup, had several years in the premiership, and played in Europe. There have been some hugely memorable days during that period and we can look back with a lot of pride. Against that history it is very sad, 30 years on, to see where the club is now. We are struggling in a lower division, getting beaten by part time sides, haemorrhaging support, and have a Board of Directors and senior management that seem to care little for the supporters and their concerns. It therefore seems like an appropriate time for people to make their views known to the club. The current decline on and off the pitch needs to be turned around, and soon.

As STFU says, the Supporters Trust is best placed to represent the fans.  Hopefully an open meeting will be the opportunity for people who are concerned about the state of the club to come forward and offer some constructive help to the Trust.  The Trust Board is democratically elected by its members and all supporters are welcome to join.  The Trust Board is, therefore,  what the supporters make it to be.  If the supporters want the Trust to be more effective, then the supporters have it in their power to make it so.

Do you speak on behalf of the Trust, or are they so aloof that unless you’re a trust member then you don’t count? 

We are where we are with the Trust being a formal part of that broken decline over the past years.                        Radical change is needed, not more appointments, surveys, committee reviews or SLO emails

Until the trust is transparent and in communication with all fans then for me, it remains part of the problem. 

bc

Edited by big cherly

34 minutes ago, big cherly said:

Until the trust is transparent and in communication with all fans then for me, it remains part of the problem. 

bc

Ffs, you think the trust is in cahoots? 

Jeezy peeps.

I find it odd that folk who don't join the trust seem to think that they have a god given right to have the trust represent their opinion when they have made no effort to engage themselves. 

And when nothing happens,  its the trust at fault. 

It's not up to the trust to scour the Internet for whatever fan views prevail.

Ever decreasing circles. 

Edited by Satan
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Well Said 5

I will be there in spirit as a paid up Trust member.

Just my Tuppence worth, but it is time for everyone to put aside the distrust that comes with this type of situation and make it clear to whoever represents US when it comes to any talks with the club that the current situation is untenable. The Trust should be the conduit to organising or requesting an EGM if the current board remain invisible and ineffective. 

We cannot have a CEO, board and SLO who won't talk to fans. In the case of the SLO that's his feckin job FFS. 

We cannot have a sporting director who spends more time in Dingwall than the team bus or directors seats at whichever location we are playing. You were supposed to be an important cog in the wheel. If you are not there then it's stealing a wage. 

We can't have a manager and coaches who see something isn't working so try the same thing again and again to see if they get a different outcome. That's the definition of clueless. Teams.know how to play us, we don't have a clue how to play a pub team. 

Dodds has to go. He could reclaim some dignity by resigning rather than getting sacked. No package required or requested. His backroom team need to go with him. 

Gardiner needs to go. Too many day to day issues, problems and ill will for his position to be anything other than untenable. I know many examples of situations where suggestions have been made to the club, even at their own request just before COVID, but these suggestions or money making leads were completely ignored seemingly because they were not his idea. No idea how true that opinion is other than personal knowledge of one really good lead given to him - by me - that was never followed up on. 

Ross Morrison may have been a supporter of the club long before he was chairman, and seems like a decent guy when I have encountered him, (or.passed.him that lead) but he is making the same mistake with Gardiner that Kenny C did with Richie Foran. Too much faith and misplaced trust. Time for eyes to be opened and difficult conversations to take place. If he can't show SG a P45 then he needs to award himself one.

This is the lowest point our club has been at on its 30 year existence and if we want it to reach any more milestones the rot has to stop NOW. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 11

9 hours ago, Satan said:

It's not up to the trust to scour the Internet for whatever fan views

No but it is up to the trust to represent the fans views as the direct conduit to the club. They should be astute enough to comprehend the fans position and what needs taken to be addressed.

Don't think anyone considers the ST in 'cahoots', maybe too self-preservational and reluctant to challenge but certainly not driving the decline like the club members themselves.

10 hours ago, Satan said:

Ffs, you think the trust is in cahoots? 

Jeezy peeps.

I find it odd that folk who don't join the trust seem to think that they have a god given right to have the trust represent their opinion when they have made no effort to engage themselves. 

And when nothing happens,  its the trust at fault. 

It's not up to the trust to scour the Internet for whatever fan views prevail.

Ever decreasing circles. 

Again you pump the same theme. ‘Only the Trust is mature enough to represent the fans’. And the rest shut up!

I joined the Forum as I considered it a conduit free to ICT fans to communicate anything regarding the team and club they support. - Now if the Forum is solely for the purpose of unofficially promoting the Trust’s ‘Line’ and it’s members recruitment campaign, then fine I know I’m an outsider and not welcome!

I like to remain free to give my opinion be it confrontational, stupid or thought provoking on the club’s future progression.

So here’s a simple question to whoever can speak for the Trust.

‘Did the Trust vote and back/support the 2 year contract extension for the manager’.

That would help me clarify my misinterpretation of the Trust!

bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Well Said 3

54 minutes ago, big cherly said:

‘Did the Trust vote and back/support the 2 year contract extension for the manager’.

I paid my £5 so am a member of the Trust but I’ve not been actively involved.

From my knowledge of businesses, the contract extension would have been a Board decision, most likely in response to a recommendation by the CEO.

Shareholders, including the Trust, would have played no part in the decision and would not have been aware in advance of the contract being concluded.

I welcome the Open Meeting as a positive step by the Trust. They are struggling to get the club to engage with them, which simply highlights the failings we are all concerned about within the club and of those charged with running it.

I see how easy it can be to align the Trust with the club, but I disagree with those who have drawn that conclusion. I hope the Open Meeting is well attended as that will help the process of getting change at the club.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 2
  • Thoughtful 1

11 hours ago, Satan said:

Did you read the link I provided about the Supporters Trust objectives?  Their core remit is to represent the interests of the ENTIRE fan community, regardless of whether they are members or not.  That is the expectation they have created themselves.

As I have said before, they have to give fans something to get behind as an organisation, otherwise they are no better than the club in asking fans to blindly throw money at them in hope that they'll do something, sometime, maybe.

I'll welcome the open meeting when it happens, and hope it doesn't just become another "watch this space" in the same way as the minutes of meetings between them and the club did, or the feedback on the meeting with the club following the matchday survey that we're still waiting on.

The Trust Board exists to lead the organisation.  Sitting back waiting for fans/members to tell them what to do and/or bleating about the lack of members is a cop out and dereliction of their own stated objectives.

Take a stance or, at the very least, poll the community on whether or not they would like to see some action.  Whilst I do not believe for a moment they are in cahoots with the club, the silence gives the impression that they have no objection to the way things are going.

• Well Said 3

3 hours ago, big cherly said:

Again you pump the same theme. ‘Only the Trust is mature enough to represent the fans’. And the rest shut up!

I joined the Forum as I considered it a conduit free to ICT fans to communicate anything regarding the team and club they support. - Now if the Forum is solely for the purpose of unofficially promoting the Trust’s ‘Line’ and it’s members recruitment campaign, then fine I know I’m an outsider and not welcome!

I like to remain free to give my opinion be it confrontational, stupid or thought provoking on the club’s future progression.

bc

Who on the forum is stopping you having or posting whatever opinion you want? Be it regarding the Trust or anything else. If your opinion is a more marginal one that most others don't agree with then so be it. Own it, don't give it the 'woe me' line. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, STFU said:

Did you read the link I provided about the Supporters Trust objectives?  Their core remit is to represent the interests of the ENTIRE fan community, regardless of whether they are members or not.  That is the expectation they have created themselves.

As I have said before, they have to give fans something to get behind as an organisation, otherwise they are no better than the club in asking fans to blindly throw money at them in hope that they'll do something, sometime, maybe.

I'll welcome the open meeting when it happens, and hope it doesn't just become another "watch this space" in the same way as the minutes of meetings between them and the club did, or the feedback on the meeting with the club following the matchday survey that we're still waiting on.

The Trust Board exists to lead the organisation.  Sitting back waiting for fans/members to tell them what to do and/or bleating about the lack of members is a cop out and dereliction of their own stated objectives.

Take a stance or, at the very least, poll the community on whether or not they would like to see some action.  Whilst I do not believe for a moment they are in cahoots with the club, the silence gives the impression that they have no objection to the way things are going.

It's not the Trust that's 'bleating about the lack of members' though I'm sure they'd like to have as many as possible and likely more than they have now. 

It's the club that's 'bleating' about how the Trust is not representative enough by whatever invisible metric they've made up in their heads. 

As I understand it in the previous couple of years the Trust have tried various ways of getting the club to engage with them and address various raised issues going back to the 'Fans Forum'. Remember that thing? The one club had a couple of meetings on, refused to release any minutes of it for months then summarily cancelled any further meetings just before they were supposed to be opened up to the common fan. 

The matchday survey was they most recent and most labour intensive way they have tried to get the club into a productive dialogue. I hear they club's comments were essentially that it was 'too negative', that's kinda the point 🤣 Just makes it look like all the club was is to have smoke blown up their ass about how great they are. Any negatively is either just brushed over or even worse makes the club just close off dialogue. 

I'm not on the Trust but I am a member. I did though used to be on it years ago when it was Caley Jags Together, we had meetings often at the stadium and although we didn't always see eye to eye with the club, we had a pretty open dialogue and they did listen to issues raised and often acted on them to make changes where they could, Kenny Cameron was always willing to sit down and discuss things. 

I see absolutely nothing from the current (off field) management at the club that would indicate that they have any interest to hear anything fans say either through the Trust or individually. In fact looking at the orange strip on July 12th and weekly games of 'Where's Robbo' I reckon they're having a nice wee laugh about it while pocketing our cash. One day they'll saunter off and our club will be left in shambles if that's not already the case. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

bc

I don't speak for the Trust, but what I can tell you is that the Trust exists to represent the wider fan base.  Proof of that is the Matchday Experience survey which involved a lot of work to get and report on the views of all fans who could be bothered to complete the survey.  It was not restricted to members only.

The survey results will be useful to the Trust Board in pointing out to the club what the views of the wider fan base are on the issues raised in the survey.  But in terms of the credibility of the Board representing the supporters as a whole is concerned, that can only come from those on the Board having the backing of the supporters.  As I have said before, Trust Board members are elected by the Trust Members.  If people don't join the Trust, then the Club will say the Trust isn't representative of supporters as a whole and will remain disinclined to engage.

Now, I absolutely get that you may think the Trust Board is not doing enough or you don't like what they are doing, but you aren't going to change that by bleating from the sidelines.  The Trust Board, unlike the Club Board, is a democratically elected body.  If you don't like what the current Board members are doing then you have the power to do something about it by joining the Trust and either voting for someone who has views more aligned to your own, or standing for election yourself and see if your views are supported by the membership.

Whatever your views of the current Trust Board may be, the fact remains that the current Board members are keeping the Trust functioning. They are keeping the supporters voting stake in the club alive and maintaining some level of communication with the club.  They are also the only supporters of this club who, at the moment, appear to be willing to do that on behalf of others.

As for this Forum, it is completely separate from the Trust.  It exists for exactly for the reason you suggest and therefore you are both an insider and very welcome on here.  You would also be free to give your opinion as a member of the Trust.  Indeed, your membership of the Trust would make it more, rather than less likely that the changes you would like to see would be taken up by the Trust.  You said in an earlier post that radical change is needed.  So, what are you going to do about it?  The Trust is the mechanism through which supporters can obtain influence and change within the club, but it will only achieve that if far more supporters join the Trust and shape its future.

As long as supporters stay outside of the Trust and moan about the Trust and the Club from the sidelines, then they are part of problem.  Change happens when some people do something and when others support them in their efforts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Fraz said:

It's not the Trust that's 'bleating about the lack of members' though I'm sure they'd like to have as many as possible and likely more than they have now. 

It's the club that's 'bleating' about how the Trust is not representative enough by whatever invisible metric they've made up in their heads. 

There has definitely been posts on here by board member/s, now ex board member/s peddling the line that they need more members to be representative, and accepting the clubs position on that.

20 minutes ago, Fraz said:

As I understand it in the previous couple of years the Trust have tried various ways of getting the club to engage with them and address various raised issues going backbto the 'Fans Forum'. Remember that thing? The one club had a couple of meetings on, refused to release any minutes of it for months then summarily cancelled any further meetings just before they were supposed to be opened up to the common fan. 

This is part of the point I'm making about ex trust board members and volunteers being the ones making excuses on their behalf.  This is the kind of information that they should be presenting officially themselves and not just to friends/those close to board members.  Unfortunately that just screams "clique".

Two years and still no call to action from the Supporters Trust?  Hopefully that changes soon.  Better late (hopefully not too late) than never.

23 minutes ago, Fraz said:

The matchday survey was they most recent and most labour intensive way they have tried to get the club into a productive dialogue. I hear they club's comments were essentially that it was 'too negative', that's kinda the point 🤣 Just makes it look like all the club was is to have smoke blown up their ass about how great they are. Any negatively is either just brushed over or even worse maked the club just close off dialogue. 

An outcome which should surprise nobody, and was why I raised concerns about the amount of resource being put into it when there was other, more immediate, concerns to be focusing on 🤷‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I'm not on the Trust but I am a member. I did though used to be on it years ago when it was Caley Jags Together, we had meetings often at the stadium and although we didn't always see eye to eye with the club, we had a pretty open dialogue and they did listen to issues raised and often acted on them to make changes where they could, Kenny Cameron was always willing to sit down and discuss things. 

I wonder how many of those who played a part in hounding him out of the club now regret their actions?

35 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I see absolutely nothing from the current (off field) management at the club that would indicate that they have any interest to hear anything fans say either through the Trust or individually. In fact looking at the orange strip on July 12th and weekly games of 'Where's Robbo' I reckon they're having a nice wee laugh about it while pocketing our cash. One day they'll saunter off and our club will be left in shambles if that's not already the case. 

No argument from me on any of these points, sadly.

14 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

As long as supporters stay outside of the Trust and moan about the Trust and the Club from the sidelines, then they are part of problem.  Change happens when some people do something and when others support them in their efforts.

I was going to take the time to respond to your post in full, then you pull this at the end.

The most sanctimonious thing I've seen on here from a fellow fan in a long time.

Very disappointing!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Who on the forum is stopping you having or posting whatever opinion you want? Be it regarding the Trust or anything else. If your opinion is a more marginal one that most others don't agree with then so be it. Own it, don't give it the 'woe me' line. 

Yes, thank you, where to start! - I take full ownership of all questions or posters I raise and don’t hide behind any veil. Not frightened to challenge laziness or incompetence or personal jabs as you have. So if my posters irritate you and ‘others’ of a sedate sensitive disposition then that gives me more satisfaction and know I am achieving the level of debate on the matters I believe are necessary! 
Wish I didn’t, but what the hell, if we can’t ask difficult questions of our club and selves in our current position, when can we??

Woe is me, bc

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

I don't speak for the Trust, but what I can tell you is that the Trust exists to represent the wider fan base.  Proof of that is the Matchday Experience survey which involved a lot of work to get and report on the views of all fans who could be bothered to complete the survey.  It was not restricted to members only.

The survey results will be useful to the Trust Board in pointing out to the club what the views of the wider fan base are on the issues raised in the survey.  But in terms of the credibility of the Board representing the supporters as a whole is concerned, that can only come from those on the Board having the backing of the supporters.  As I have said before, Trust Board members are elected by the Trust Members.  If people don't join the Trust, then the Club will say the Trust isn't representative of supporters as a whole and will remain disinclined to engage.

Now, I absolutely get that you may think the Trust Board is not doing enough or you don't like what they are doing, but you aren't going to change that by bleating from the sidelines.  The Trust Board, unlike the Club Board, is a democratically elected body.  If you don't like what the current Board members are doing then you have the power to do something about it by joining the Trust and either voting for someone who has views more aligned to your own, or standing for election yourself and see if your views are supported by the membership.

Whatever your views of the current Trust Board may be, the fact remains that the current Board members are keeping the Trust functioning. They are keeping the supporters voting stake in the club alive and maintaining some level of communication with the club.  They are also the only supporters of this club who, at the moment, appear to be willing to do that on behalf of others.

As for this Forum, it is completely separate from the Trust.  It exists for exactly for the reason you suggest and therefore you are both an insider and very welcome on here.  You would also be free to give your opinion as a member of the Trust.  Indeed, your membership of the Trust would make it more, rather than less likely that the changes you would like to see would be taken up by the Trust.  You said in an earlier post that radical change is needed.  So, what are you going to do about it?  The Trust is the mechanism through which supporters can obtain influence and change within the club, but it will only achieve that if far more supporters join the Trust and shape its future.

We all get frustrated when our team and club is in the precarious position we find ourselves now. I’m no different from anyone else in that respect.
I’ll take you comments with the respect of someone that has put in more any any I can recall on the forum.
We’re all in the same boat, just I sit in a different area (so to speak). 

Genuine good luck with the Open meeting, I hope it enables us to move forward.

bc

5 hours ago, Fraz said:

It's not the Trust that's 'bleating about the lack of members' though I'm sure they'd like to have as many as possible and likely more than they have now. It's the club that's 'bleating' about how the Trust is not representative enough by whatever invisible metric they've made up in their heads. 

Has anyone asked them to define what they see as "representative". I am sure that currently those goalposts would be moving/travelling more often than Robbo does between Inverness and Dingwall (or Brora) so a straight answer would be impossible whoever asked the question. "Invisible Metric" is definitely an appropriate term here.  

5 hours ago, Fraz said:

As I understand it in the previous couple of years the Trust have tried various ways of getting the club to engage with them and address various raised issues going backbto the 'Fans Forum'. Remember that thing? The one club had a couple of meetings on, refused to release any minutes of it for months then summarily cancelled any further meetings just before they were supposed to be opened up to the common fan. 

To an extent this has always been the way. The club, and some figures within it eye 'externals' and by that I mean anyone not explicitly employed by the club, very suspiciously. It does not matter if you are a volunteer at the club during the week, on matchday in some capacity, painting the gates, running a website, being part of a supporters committee, or generally giving of your time in some fashion. At some point - possibly after a change in the boardroom when a new broom sweeps clean - the default position seems to be "What are they after?" followed closely by "We cant have that". In most cases you are pissing against the wind unless you get really assertive or controversial or they know you are going to "publish and be damned". At the end of the day they are relying on the fact we are all ICT fans and do not want to rock the boat too much, or will accept the platitudes.   

5 hours ago, Fraz said:

The matchday survey was they most recent and most labour intensive way they have tried to get the club into a productive dialogue. I hear they club's comments were essentially that it was 'too negative', that's kinda the point 🤣 Just makes it look like all the club was is to have smoke blown up their ass about how great they are. Any negatively is either just brushed over or even worse maked the club just close off dialogue. 

Someone once said you cant put lipstick on a pig !! Thats how low we have sunk when I have to quote that individual about the state of our club!

5 hours ago, Fraz said:

This website has been through every incarnation at boardroom level. With Dougie McGilvray, we were just starting and got the treatment the Trust is getting now. I understand that. Aside from the fact we were new, the internet itself was less developed and media looked at is suspiciously and 'traditional media' dropped poison in the right ears. With Sutherland, Savage, Cameron and all others up to Rae, we and other volunteers were embraced by the club and worked together with them on multiple things to get communication flowing. That included working with Graeme Bennett initially who was keen to have fans included, but the big uptick was when Ken Thompson came on board in the background. He oversaw a culture shift in the attitude that pervaded things right up until the day Kenny Cameron resigned as chairman and Muirfield Mills took the reins. Since then it has been downhill (fast).   

5 hours ago, Fraz said:

Ditto. 

9 hours ago, big cherly said:

Again you pump the same theme. ‘Only the Trust is mature enough to represent the fans’. And the rest shut up!  I joined the Forum as I considered it a conduit free to ICT fans to communicate anything regarding the team and club they support. - Now if the Forum is solely for the purpose of unofficially promoting the Trust’s ‘Line’ and it’s members recruitment campaign, then fine I know I’m an outsider and not welcome!

It is free for anyone to express their opinion here provided it doesn't not cross the boundary into defamation/slander/libel or breach good taste enter into bullying and name calling etc. Its all in the rules of the site. Whilst individual posters are legally responsible for their own postings, I will also always protect the site even if it means removing posts that may occasionally not quite cross the line but are headed there fast.  Judgement call on that one but I don't expect to agree with all posters, or them with me. I once tried to please all of the people all of the time but gave that up years ago when I realised that was a losing battle!

You are. Others are free to disagree and make that point. Neither party should descend into a slagging match though as that makes both guilty of other site rule breaches. 

So here’s a simple question to whoever can speak for the Trust.  ‘Did the Trust vote and back/support the 2 year contract extension for the manager’.  That would help me clarify my misinterpretation of the Trust!

I would hope not, but that would just be my personal opinion. The club would not ask anyone for an opinion. On a personal level I did not back a new contract. Getting to the cup final had more to do with Fiona than BD ! At best, a rolling contract we (or he) could terminate with minimal fuss. 

Yes, thank you, where to start! - I take full ownership of all questions or posters I raise and don’t hide behind any veil. Not frightened to challenge laziness or incompetence or personal jabs as you have. So if my posters irritate you and ‘others’ of a sedate sensitive disposition then that gives me more satisfaction and know I am achieving the level of debate on the matters I believe are necessary!  Wish I didn’t, but what the hell, if we can’t ask difficult questions of our club and selves in our current position, when can we??

Lets focus our anger on the club and the officials rather than each other. Allowing them to divide and conquer or encourage disgruntlement in the ranks of the support only weakens us and what should be a loud and combined message of "enough is enough" . 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

Over the years I have made suggestions to the club on small things that could be implemented quite easily, and at the time, if I ever got any comeback, they made the right noises, but nothing ever happened, so if they aren't interested in things that can be improved, what hope have we got of them sorting out the big problems at the club.

As for what we do next, I really don't think enough supporters would join in with whatever protest was proposed. Possibly most folk on this forum, or on the FB page, but the wider support, how do you engage with them, not everyone is online.

Even with my health issues, I would sit in or walk out, but it's no use if the majority don't, and the club will just scoff if it isn't a substantial protest.

1 hour ago, big cherly said:

Yes, thank you, where to start! - I take full ownership of all questions or posters I raise and don’t hide behind any veil. Not frightened to challenge laziness or incompetence or personal jabs as you have. So if my posters irritate you and ‘others’ of a sedate sensitive disposition then that gives me more satisfaction and know I am achieving the level of debate on the matters I believe are necessary! 
Wish I didn’t, but what the hell, if we can’t ask difficult questions of our club and selves in our current position, when can we??

Woe is me, bc

Where were the personal jabs? Just pointing out the truth that nobody is stifling your opinions as you suggest. 

ICT were formed for the businessmen, the businesswomen and the ego trippers. 
It comes as no surprise to me that the so called guardians of this club treat the trust or any fan for that matter with utter contempt. 
I’m afraid it won’t matter if the trust has five members or five thousand members they will be looked upon and treated the same.

Rumours are rife regarding the clubs poor finances are we closing in on part time football?

Are we heading for liquidation? 

I see parallels with ICT and the Orcs there certainly seems to be the same deluded mentality from board level and a large section of our support. 

I actually feel sorry for Billy Dodds let’s be honest no one in their right mind would want his job while the club is in this state. 

Even some of the most deluded happy clappers are now seemingly seeing it as it is shame it took them 30 years but hey ho. 

Dougal

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, dougal said:

ICT were formed for the businessmen, the businesswomen and the ego trippers. 
It comes as no surprise to me that the so called guardians of this club treat the trust or any fan for that matter with utter contempt. 
I’m afraid it won’t matter if the trust has five members or five thousand members they will be looked upon and treated the same.

Rumours are rife regarding the clubs poor finances are we closing in on part time football?

Are we heading for liquidation? 

I see parallels with ICT and the Orcs there certainly seems to be the same deluded mentality from board level and a large section of our support. 

I actually feel sorry for Billy Dodds let’s be honest no one in their right mind would want his job while the club is in this state. 

Even some of the most deluded happy clappers are now seemingly seeing it as it is shame it took them 30 years but hey ho. 

Dougal

Thank God for Celtic 😁

It seems to me that there are competing and unnecessary demands at large within the ICT community.

The elephant in the room is communication or lack thereof.

Communication will only succeed if it is horizontal. Vertical communication always fails in other words if communication is always from the top to the rest,without listening to opposing,  or different views then it is doomed to failure.

The Chairman and board don't speak to the fans.The Trust has tried to engage, but the club say they are not representative of the majority of the support.

The SLO is a Director, nice man maybe , but dumping this role on him so that we meet UEFA guidelines is not good enough,or fair on him.

We need a root and branch review of the ICT staffing structure. We need a visible,approachable, determined and dynamic SLO who is a passionate fan and well able to negotiate stormy waters to get answers.The role should be P/T or indeed full time.

Chairmen/Chairwoman and boards come and go as do Managers and players,but one constant is the supporter who mainly comes from the community and is in part of a generational line of supporters. We need to get back to basics and link in with schools, churches, youth clubs and other groups and sell them a vision which they can follow.

Maybe a breakthrough would be if a restricted number on this forum asked the Chairman and board for a fair hearing and the meeting was designed to address the one issue of repairing communication, we would start to get somewhere.We should not try and eat the whole elephant,but do so in bite sizes.(Not wishing harm or  real elephants )

We should maybe use our voice  to start addressing issues,but we should do so in small steps and not try and address all issues in one go.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic