FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What are you going to do?

STFU

On 8/27/2023 at 10:41 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Have not seen this forum so full of sarcasm for years. Unfortunately it is being displayed out of dismay and a complete inability to do anything about the current situation. It looks like we have to grin and bear it as the damage has already been inflicted. We may have to wait some time whilst our situation festers and it may need dropping to Division One to build again. Fun Boy Three clearly don't give a feck. We are being run in the same manner as Dundee were by a charming, silent assassin - a CEO who knows more about County, both coining it in and probably keeping Dodds as a suitable stool pigeon. I am home next Saturday and for the first time ever I am considering missing the match. I am totally infuriated with all of them and am unsure that I can hold back on my anger and resentment 😡😡

Interesting, However i feel you should call into my office on Saturday on Innes Street about 1.45 and we can discuss your anxieties.

• Well Said 1
  • Funny 5

The start to this season is not the start any of us wanted. none of us know what really is going on behind closed doors at ICT,we can speculate etc,but whatever is going on the Chairman and board have to just get a grip of the situation and review why the Sporting Director spends as much time commenting on County rather than focussing all attention on getting ICT out of the mire by assisting Dodds and finding good standard championship players,because those with high aspirations of playing at the top level are not going to come to ICT.

Dodds has a two year contract now and is going nowhere,we have to just accept that. The decision was not ours to make, although It beggars belief that after the last two seasons he was not offered a rolling contract.

The CEO needs to get out from his office, speak with supporters and fans,(the real supporters and fans) listen to them and show some leadership off the park, then communicate his plans and actions to us all,including accepting that the club is in a difficult place. However, he must have a plan for revcovery.

The assistant and coaches are going nowhere if Dodds is not going,so frankly it looks like we have to deal with the hand we have.

As supporters, we should fully back the boys on the park as on paper we are a pretty good team and should not be languishing bottom with the players we have. We are,so something is clearly not right and perhaps that is down in part to confidence within the team. 

The Chair and Board don't read this forum they say,but the players maybe do, so how about this Saturday coming we go out there and support the boys on the pitch,give them encouragement and see if we cannot scrape a win and then with a win under our belt we can cool off,think rationally and come up with a startegy,plan of action that we can put to those running the club. Yes, I mean we have a voice,let's use it,but when we do, use it wisely in a well balanced and constructive debate/arguement.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 5

1 hour ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

The start to this season is not the start any of us wanted. none of us know what really is going on behind closed doors at ICT,we can speculate etc,but whatever is going on the Chairman and board have to just get a grip of the situation and review why the Sporting Director spends as much time commenting on County rather than focussing all attention on getting ICT out of the mire by assisting Dodds and finding good standard championship players,because those with high aspirations of playing at the top level are not going to come to ICT.

Dodds has a two year contract now and is going nowhere,we have to just accept that. The decision was not ours to make, although It beggars belief that after the last two seasons he was not offered a rolling contract.

The CEO needs to get out from his office, speak with supporters and fans,(the real supporters and fans) listen to them and show some leadership off the park, then communicate his plans and actions to us all,including accepting that the club is in a difficult place. However, he must have a plan for revcovery.

The assistant and coaches are going nowhere if Dodds is not going,so frankly it looks like we have to deal with the hand we have.

As supporters, we should fully back the boys on the park as on paper we are a pretty good team and should not be languishing bottom with the players we have. We are,so something is clearly not right and perhaps that is down in part to confidence within the team. 

The Chair and Board don't read this forum they say,but the players maybe do, so how about this Saturday coming we go out there and support the boys on the pitch,give them encouragement and see if we cannot scrape a win and then with a win under our belt we can cool off,think rationally and come up with a startegy,plan of action that we can put to those running the club. Yes, I mean we have a voice,let's use it,but when we do, use it wisely in a well balanced and constructive debate/arguement.

Of course they know what's being said on this forum!! However acting on views a different matter 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

5 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Of course they know what's being said on this forum!! However acting on views a different matter 

So we now have the worst manager probably that the club has ever had and our board are just going to brush it all under the carpet and hope things turnaround . Yeah he will eventually pick up a point or 3 in the odd game of 6 but is that really what the club thinks is acceptable ??. And you wonder why the club cannot manage to increase gate numbers . Not a hard one to work out by any means . Something so not right about the club these days . Basically bein run into the ground by Amateurs 

• Agree 3

25 minutes ago, caley1 said:

So we now have the worst manager probably that the club has ever had and our board are just going to brush it all under the carpet and hope things turnaround . Yeah he will eventually pick up a point or 3 in the odd game of 6 but is that really what the club thinks is acceptable ??. And you wonder why the club cannot manage to increase gate numbers . Not a hard one to work out by any means . Something so not right about the club these days . Basically bein run into the ground by Amateurs 

I and a few friends have believed for a while that this has been the aim of the club over the last few years, to basically wear it down gradually until we're able to revert to part time, and then the big costs and hassles dramatically reduce for the board. Doing it on a gradual basis also allows them to not lose the fan base completely but to end up with say 750+ hard core fans happy to pop along on a Saturday afternoon for a non pressure League one game. 

They have no interest in getting us back into the premiership, and that has been clearly evident the last few years where we either go on an early, mid or late season bad or good run. They will see it as a success losing the first 4 and then getting things changed to get a few points on the board between now and October just enough to keep the fans on board. The big problem I think they have with that and all this is purely my own opinion, is that the players are starting to waken up to the inconsistent coaching and tactics and probably have enough inside knowledge now to suspect that the club has its alterior motives. I know now why they gave Dodds a new 2 year contract and not get in a new manager.... No other manager with any self morales would allow a club to dictate to him what results he's allowed to achieve and when to back off 

• Well Said 1
  • Funny 3

5 hours ago, Donald1973 said:

I and a few friends have believed for a while that this has been the aim of the club over the last few years, to basically wear it down gradually until we're able to revert to part time, and then the big costs and hassles dramatically reduce for the board. Doing it on a gradual basis also allows them to not lose the fan base completely but to end up with say 750+ hard core fans happy to pop along on a Saturday afternoon for a non pressure League one game. 

They have no interest in getting us back into the premiership, and that has been clearly evident the last few years where we either go on an early, mid or late season bad or good run. They will see it as a success losing the first 4 and then getting things changed to get a few points on the board between now and October just enough to keep the fans on board. The big problem I think they have with that and all this is purely my own opinion, is that the players are starting to waken up to the inconsistent coaching and tactics and probably have enough inside knowledge now to suspect that the club has its alterior motives. I know now why they gave Dodds a new 2 year contract and not get in a new manager.... No other manager with any self morales would allow a club to dictate to him what results he's allowed to achieve and when to back off 

What have I just read 😂😂 

• Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Fair points. But I've had enough. I'm neither spending/wasting my money, or time, anymore, watching 'Doddsball' or funding the 'ICT Boys Club' that the CEO, Director of Football etc, that there appears to be in place. 

Not sure when I'll be back watching ICT matches.

I'll spend my time doing something that doesn't leave me deflated and grumpy come 4.45pm on a Saturday (or whatever time of the day or day of the week).

(Season Ticket holder from summer of 2012 to May 2023.)

Edited by Duke of Inverness
Typo
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Fair points. But I've had enough. I'm neither spending/wasting my money, or time, anymore, watching 'Doddsball' or funding the 'ICT Boys Club' that the CEO, Director of Football etc, that there appears to be in place. 

I'll spend my time doing something that doesn't leave me deflated and grumpy come 4.45pm on a Saturday (or whatever time of the day or day of the week).

Use your ticket for Saturday and make your anger vocal .Hell John Robertson May make a guest appearance.

• Thoughtful 1

1 hour ago, Duke of Inverness said:

I fully understand where you're coming from Duke.  It's a long way for me to travel to games and over the years I've covered goodness knows how many miles supporting the team. I loved those days of the Pele era and, yes, those of Butcher and Robbo too. Great footballing sides which of course had it's ups and down's but mostly up's. Since starting to support Caley and ICT I've been to about 210 games. Pretty good I'd say for a guy from Coventry (0). In one season alone I went to 21 games!! For me, as stated many times in various threads in here, the decline began in 2015 after we won the cup. I'd also add that I had no enthusiasm whatever for the SPL so you could possibly say my travels slowed down a lot back then.

From a supporters eye it does seem clear to me that there must be some kind of agenda to run the club in to the ground. Hopefully this is totally the wrong view point but there's nothing evident, to me, that this isn't the case. I live in hope that things will change very soon but I can't see it happen with the current gang in charge. Please ICT, as the song goes, Relight My Fire.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Donald1973 said:

I know now why they gave Dodds a new 2 year contract and not get in a new manager.... No other manager with any self morales would allow a club to dictate to him what results he's allowed to achieve and when to back off 

Hmmm - don't think it's in the nature of a Scotland International to deliberately throw a game.

5 hours ago, caley1 said:

Use your ticket for Saturday and make your anger vocal .Hell John Robertson May make a guest appearance.

I no longer have a 'ticket' and I'm no longer spending my money on the 's##t show' ICT has become.  

The 'football' no longer entertains me and those running the club disgust me. 

I've had enough. End of. 

Enough with the conspiracy theories ffs🙈. We are where we are now because we had to pay off 2 managers one of which was on a 4 year contract. We've spent 6 years in the Championship and it's finally starting to catch up to us it's as simple as that. Not to forget that along with many other clubs in Scotland Covid-19 was a massive financial setback. Setbacks that are still affecting us to this day. 

A few parties are to blame for where we are now the board, the management the players, even the people of Inverness who just don't care about ICT they'd rather support Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen. 

It sucks but it is what it is.... you're either gonna be supporting the club through thick & thin or you're gonna walk away after a while. I'll support ICT till I die even if we're in the Highland League.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 5

59 minutes ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

Enough with the conspiracy theories ffs🙈. We are where we are now because we had to pay off 2 managers one of which was on a 4 year contract. We've spent 6 years in the Championship and it's finally starting to catch up to us it's as simple as that. Not to forget that along with many other clubs in Scotland Covid-19 was a massive financial setback. Setbacks that are still affecting us to this day. 

A few parties are to blame for where we are now the board, the management the players, even the people of Inverness who just don't care about ICT they'd rather support Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen. 

It sucks but it is what it is.... you're either gonna be supporting the club through thick & thin or you're gonna walk away after a while. I'll support ICT till I die even if we're in the Highland League.

I’m at the gate of stick with and accept what we have or ‘walk’.

If their is no change (off the park), then it’s a permanent goodbye. I’m in the veterans cat and the winter games now are a real challenge. Doddsball and continued Pravda exec excommunications policy certainly ain’t for me! 

bc

Edited by big cherly

1 hour ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

"I reject everyone else's conspiracy theories and replace it with one of my own."

• Funny 1

15 hours ago, Gringo said:

From a supporters eye it does seem clear to me that there must be some kind of agenda to run the club in to the ground. Hopefully this is totally the wrong view point but there's nothing evident, to me, that this isn't the case. I live in hope that things will change very soon but I can't see it happen with the current gang in charge. Please ICT, as the song goes, Relight My Fire.

I've been feeling the same since about 2017. The board realised that the heights of 2015 could never be sustained as there wasn't the funds or the fan base to stay at that level.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Let’s be honest the real problem here is finances and as a result we find ourselves light years behind our highland friends further north.

Our fan base is just not sustainable for a SPL team it could be argued that we are punching above our weight to even survive in the championship. 
The honeymoon period for the great highland franchise football experiment is well and truely over and there are now some serious cracks in the armoury.

For younger fans they are at least experiencing what it was like supporting Inverness Thistle back in the great days of yore. 

Unless there is a serious change in direction which I don’t personally think will happen imminently anyway I’m another not setting a foot back into the dump.

Boycotts organised walk outs or demos outside the main gate may help but I doubt there are enough fans that are that interested anymore. 

Dougal

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 2

I totally understand the mixed feelings of many supporters, I find it hard to drag my ageing body along to watch what's been on offer on very cold wet winters nights, down at the stadium. But, I had been an Inverness Thistle supporter from around 1970, and followed them home and away, through the good times and bad times, that's what you do when you follow your team. Granted, the football that is on show now is possibly the most frustrating and unexciting watch that I can remember for some considerable time, but I've never been a glory hunter that only comes out when the good times are here. If only some of the 15,000 fans that came to the cup final, with their newly bought hats and scarfs, would have carried on and supported ICT In the following seasons, we could maybe have attracted a better standard of player, and a far better manager.

I don't know if any clauses have been inserted into the unbelievable two year contract that the club gave to Dodds, but knowing what has happened in the past, we would probably go bust if he is paid off, and that is something that we all fear.

So, I will be down at the stadium on Saturday, hoping for a point if nothing else. I look at the teams in the league now and really can't see where wins are coming from. 

• Agree 2
  • Thoughtful 2

Some people have interest takes on things. For me, it's simple

- poor recruitment both on and off field even given our finances

- too much nepotism employing people who do not seen to add value aligned to their renumeration

- lack of foot fall an issue no board or entity at the club has seemed to be able to address or improve over the last 10 years

- lack of communication

- lack of integrity, from the concert fiasco to paying staff to moonlight on other jobs during match days which although may be contractually compliant doesn't look good

- lack of entertainment and product on field. We have no real style and have become a hard watch. Which given the experience on offer I do understand for many why there are better or higher priority alternatives for spending their cash

No conspiracy theories here. Just a list of reasons why I see it going to ****.

• Agree 8
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic