FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What are you going to do?

STFU

6 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Sure - but look along to the right at the pre-pandemic numbers.

And only 70 in May 2021 suggests that quite a number of people are employed for purposes associated with match-day crowds.

Certainly there are more people around in club staff tops than previously, and far fewer stewards, so it looks like they’ve taken much of the stewarding in house. That should be a cost saving.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

I’ll go back on what I said based on how poorly we have performed thus far. Christmas is too late to take action. Dundee Utd at home looks like D-Day. 

With these idiots running the club ? . Leave it another 4 games and there will be no season left as well as fans and less money . He has already had 2 very poor seasons in a row and this is looking like the worst ever to  come . I think going by the forum here , Twitter and Facebook etc 99% of fans have given up on him . Change is needed and need immediately . NO MORE chances  . Time for change and not just in coaching . Some very bad going’s on at the club and a lot of unnecessary wages been paid out and starving the club financially.

• Agree 6

19 minutes ago, caley1 said:

With these idiots running the club ? . Leave it another 4 games and there will be no season left as well as fans and less money . He has already had 2 very poor seasons in a row and this is looking like the worst ever to  come . I think going by the forum here , Twitter and Facebook etc 99% of fans have given up on him . Change is needed and need immediately . NO MORE chances  . Time for change and not just in coaching . Some very bad going’s on at the club and a lot of unnecessary wages been paid out and starving the club financially.

Turkeys (apt term) don’t vote for Xmas! 

35 minutes ago, Northern_jaggie said:

I’ll go back on what I said based on how poorly we have performed thus far. Christmas is too late to take action. Dundee Utd at home looks like D-Day. 

Early doors but unless there's huge improvements in the next few games, I fear this game could be another 'Hamilton' moment. Although change didn't happen then so may not this time around either, but I do agree with you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Early doors but unless there's huge improvements in the next few games, I fear this game could be another 'Hamilton' moment. Although change didn't happen then so may not this time around either, but I do agree with you.

With that Hamilton game and that season in general although most fans wanted the best for Richie, you could see he was out of his depth. Waffling word salad interviews (sounds familiar) and the biggest mistake was not taking action sooner to deal with it. By the time Malpas came in the rot had set in and confidence was shot. We waited far too long. 

We'll do the same again this season but for quite different reasons.

We have a fan base that is comparatively 'quiet' and lets be honest, moaning online aside will likely do nothing. Even of they did see my first point below. 

The CEO won't listen to any outside concerns or criticism. 

The CEO won't admit they made a big mistake (Dodds 2 year deal).

CEO spending large amounts to extend John Robertson's contract, that has to this day never been officially announced and could have been spent on, I dunno a decent defender or two.

A chairman who seems who while seems nice is also anonymous and appears to have supreme confidence in the CEO and has no oversight of him. 

A manager who's under funded and while not up to the job imo is being somewhat hung out to dry. 

Not a great combo unless we are wanting 3rd tier part time football very soon. 

I watched the Billy Mckay goals compilation with my daughters the other night and it broke my heart how far we've declined over the last decade. 

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

I’m not one to call for Managers’ heads and I said at the start of the season that the time to worry is about five games in.

However, being bottom with no points after three games is a major worry, compounded by a losing run of six games if we include the League Cup (have we ever managed that before?), and whatever the position is with Doran and possibly others.

We have Dunfermline at home then, after the Challenge Cup game at Arbroath, Raith away and Dundee United at home. That could be another three games without a point.

I know margins are tight in this league and that one break could be all it takes to set us off on a winning run. Equally we’ve had deplorable runs mid season in the last two campaigns, so having a bad run at the start will be forgiven if we turn things round and have a good season from the autumn onwards.

However, since returning to Inverness nearly 10 years ago I’ve not been as despondent about the prospects for the club as I am now.

If we don’t get a result next week, I will join the growing band of fans calling for change, and not just to the management team but to those pulling the strings behind the scenes.

I will continue to go to matches and give my full support to the players, but we need to get a grip and turn things round, and if we can’t we need to face reality and make changes before it is too late.

Relegation should be unthinkable, but sadly it is not, and I don’t think we will ever recover if we do end up in League 1.

• Agree 6
  • Well Said 1

I really don't see how we can sack Dodds, as they have given him a two year deal to protect him from the sack, as doing it would probably send ICT into administration. Why they never gave him a rolling contract based on results is not beyond me, as it looks like jobs for the boys, not a contract based on performance. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

14 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I really don't see how we can sack Dodds, as they have given him a two year deal to protect him from the sack, as doing it would probably send ICT into administration. Why they never gave him a rolling contract based on results is not beyond me, as it looks like jobs for the boys, not a contract based on performance. 

That highlights the potential gravity of the situation. We can’t afford to get rid of him, but the time is fast approaching where, if we don’t start getting results, we can’t afford not to get rid of him either, and we will be heading towards League 1, quite possibly never to return.

The Chairman, Board and CEO need to waken up to the situation and start making decisions that are the correct ones for the future of our club.

• Agree 5

In terms of change - i.e. giving one or two people notice - we are quite rightly in the dark in terms of privacy.  Unless there are some tangible performance clauses in contracts or notice periods are short, it is probably unlikely that we can afford to change things within management.  We do not appear to have leaders on the pitch. Sean Welsh is prone to injuries but offers motivation. He has been missed but additionally we need someone like Bobby Mann to act as an anchor and motivator.  Is there anyone out there....?

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

We are in a lose lose situation I think. Sack Dodds at great expense and bring in a new manager,also at possibly greater expense. Any new manager would want a clear out I think and bring in his on backroom staff and new players. We are stuck with what we have unfortunately and will be relying on a big turn around in form to avoid disaster. Having said there are far too many at the top table that don't appear to be earning their wage. This needs looking at as a cost saving measure and then, perhaps, we may have funds to negotiate a change of management. Not going to happen though unfortunately. 

• Agree 6

10 hours ago, Fraz said:

With that Hamilton game and that season in general although most fans wanted the best for Richie, you could see he was out of his depth. Waffling word salad interviews (sounds familiar) and the biggest mistake was not taking action sooner to deal with it. By the time Malpas came in the rot had set in and confidence was shot. We waited far too long. 

We'll do the same again this season but for quite different reasons.

We have a fan base that is comparatively 'quiet' and lets be honest, moaning online aside will likely do nothing. Even of they did see my first point below. 

The CEO won't listen to any outside concerns or criticism. 

The CEO won't admit they made a big mistake (Dodds 2 year deal).

CEO spending large amounts to extend John Robertson's contract, that has to this day never been officially announced and could have been spent on, I dunno a decent defender or two.

A chairman who seems who while seems nice is also anonymous and appears to have supreme confidence in the CEO and has no oversight of him. 

A manager who's under funded and while not up to the job imo is being somewhat hung out to dry. 

Not a great combo unless we are wanting 3rd tier part time football very soon. 

I watched the Billy Mckay goals compilation with my daughters the other night and it broke my heart how far we've declined over the last decade. 

We have the Trust match experience survey to look for ways of improvement with the CEO. 

• Funny 1
  • Sad 1

Unless I'm completely missing something, I'm sorry to say it is beyond comprehension for me that a week before the transfer window closes and with Billy Dodds advising the club are continuing to make real efforts to bring in players (Wyness Shuffle podcast), the club's Sporting Director is working for the radio summarising the Ross County match.

I know it's been highlighted in previous threads but to me this is indicative of the state the club seems to be in at the moment - I just can't imagine a situation like it at any other club.  Like others have said I'll continue to attend matches and support the players regardless of performances (that's what being a supporter is all about after all) but these are very worrying times and leaves me wondering what on earth is going on ....

• Agree 7

23 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Any new manager would want a clear out I think and bring in his on backroom staff and new players.

Unless the new boss is thee same as the old boss and identified these targets as part of his current role. Not an ideal solution as its not clearing the decks but it's cost effective and he may at least get the player/staff relationships heading the right way instead of the disjoint we see right now.

BTW I'm not advocating in an ideal world I'd want Robbo back as boss, there are others I'd prefer but cognisant of the financial situation we have.

• Like 1
  • Thoughtful 1

3 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

Unless I'm completely missing something, I'm sorry to say it is beyond comprehension for me that a week before the transfer window closes and with Billy Dodds advising the club are continuing to make real efforts to bring in players (Wyness Shuffle podcast), the club's Sporting Director is working for the radio summarising the Ross County match.

I know it's been highlighted in previous threads but to me this is indicative of the state the club seems to be in at the moment - I just can't imagine a situation like it at any other club.  Like others have said I'll continue to attend matches and support the players regardless of performances (that's what being a supporter is all about after all) but these are very worrying times and leaves me wondering what on earth is going on ....

3 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

If the club are going to allow his contract to continue and let him take in even more players then sorry they are digging an even bigger hole for the club . 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 3

8 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

with Billy Dodds advising the club are continuing to make real efforts to bring in players (Wyness Shuffle podcast)

Maybe this has all been a big ruse then and we are lulling the rest of the league into false security?

Next few days we will go full Chelsea siging a whole squad playing moneyball with the battery farm cash that'll make us look the the seaside version of the Saudis. Fortunately missing out on Europe by loosing the cup final also removes any need to comply with UEFA FFP.......its all been planned afterall....

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Maybe this has all been a big ruse then and we are lulling the rest of the league into false security?

Next few days we will go full Chelsea siging a whole squad playing moneyball with the battery farm cash that'll make us look the the seaside version of the Saudis. Fortunately missing out on Europe by loosing the cup final also removes any need to comply with UEFA FFP.......its all been planned afterall....

That's just the start, once the freeport cash arrives... oooft! 

• Funny 3

Have not seen this forum so full of sarcasm for years. Unfortunately it is being displayed out of dismay and a complete inability to do anything about the current situation. It looks like we have to grin and bear it as the damage has already been inflicted. We may have to wait some time whilst our situation festers and it may need dropping to Division One to build again. Fun Boy Three clearly don't give a feck. We are being run in the same manner as Dundee were by a charming, silent assassin - a CEO who knows more about County, both coining it in and probably keeping Dodds as a suitable stool pigeon. I am home next Saturday and for the first time ever I am considering missing the match. I am totally infuriated with all of them and am unsure that I can hold back on my anger and resentment 😡😡

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 4

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

If only!!!

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Have not seen this forum so full of sarcasm for years. Unfortunately it is being displayed out of dismay and a complete inability to do anything about the current situation. It looks like we have to grin and bear it as the damage has already been inflicted. We may have to wait some time whilst our situation festers and it may need dropping to Division One to build again. Fun Boy Three clearly don't give a feck. We are being run in the same manner as Dundee were by a charming, silent assassin - a CEO who knows more about County, both coining it in and probably keeping Dodds as a suitable stool pigeon. I am home next Saturday and for the first time ever I am considering missing the match. I am totally infuriated with all of them and am unsure that I can hold back on my anger and resentment 😡😡

I think Saturdays game  ( If the current coaching staff are still there ) will be very vocal and actually the only part that will be worth the entrance fee. 

• Agree 1

Crisis, what crisis? 
We all have to lighten up! Ok, we have had a slow start to the new season, but let’s not loose sight of the fact we already have silverware in the cabinet already with plenty more to play for.

The forum is filling its purpose of letting unaffiliated fans express their views. Nothing more, nothing less.

Getting enraged in posters allows us to let off steam! Only results and time will determine and initiate change at the club. But it all honesty what or where to we realistically expect ICT to be given our support numbers and geographical location. There’s no individual or group of wealthy investors ‘out’ there, so we’re stuck with what we have. We’re at the level where we deserve to be. Just get used to it! 
bc

Edited by big cherly
  • Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic