FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Gordon going to Sunderland?

Hearts are apparently playing coy with Sunderland who want Craig Gordon for a lot less than the ten million asked by Romanov.

It appears that he wants a minimum of 5 million pounds at least paid up front before he will negotiate in earnest. The word from Englandterre is that Gordon's  reputation is very high--there and anywhere in Europe and his talents are well recognised.

So whether Romanov changes his approach, or Sunderland up the ante big style, his tenure at Tynecastle could be very short. Sunderland  are stated to be a massive club with a very positive but understated attitude to future success with the feeling being that they won't be long in coming to the fore in a big way.

Unlike his counterpart at Hibs, McNeil, who had a disastrous U21 run it seems that Craig can do no wrong and literally is going from strength to strength.--good for the Scotland team as well. :011: :003:

Guest Big_Vinnie

I think he's a great keeper & deserves his shot at the big time. It can also only be good for scottish football as a whole with high profile moves to the Premiership.

Even if he did move to Sunderland who are a huge club I think he'd be using them as a platform onto bigger things.

Good luck to him.

Guest TinCanFan

I've heard that Sunderland are after goalscoring Sao Paulo keeper Rogerio Ceni which would mean a season on the bench should Craig Gordon move.

Well, I am sure that Mr Gordon would be happy to read your comments.

But he probably would have to put a few years in at any other club befrore thinking about moving on.

Anyway the deal with Sunderland is, to the best  of  the Pimpernel organisation's knowledge , well & truly off.

:029:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't Craig Gordon one of the rebels that angered vLADIMIR?

In addition to getting his 9 million pounds it looks for once , by getting his desire to shed Mr Gordon, that Vlad will be quite happy at the end of the day--3 teams now after him. Villa to put up more money up front than Sunderland though...intriguing  :014:

What is really surprising that Vlad does not seem to want to keep him at any cost. You would think since he seems to be so ambitious that he would want to keep the very best players to keep him in contention. Adfter the dfefeat by the hIbs where is he really going with all his changes et all?

I wonder if he has already shot his bolt .......... :symbol_question: