FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Home/Away Shirt Discussion [merged]

Guest KIERAN_ICTFC#1

I dont think the club can be blamed here. They are bound by contract and Errea supply a **** of a lot more clubs than ICT. The change of sponsor at such a late time is the major problem. I would assume that Flybe were made aware of the problems that would arise and I would expect that they would have no problem in us continuing with the OneTouch home top being used for a month. Looking at the opposition for away games in august we should be able to use the home top for those games so strip registration shouldn't be a problem.

For the future I think the club needs to look at when and how they negotiate sponsorship deals so as to allow for the need to change kit.

I regret to inform you that due to the late change of shirt sponsorship to Flybe we now expect there to be a delay in the arrival of the commemorative away shirt.  All shirt manufacturers require long lead time and unfortunately, in production terms, the change came at the worst possible time.

This actually makes sense to me ! Shirt manufacturers DO require a fairly long lead time as they do a production run for one team then for someone else and someone else and someone else etc etc etc ..... as ICT are 'small fry' in terms of gross sales compared to others they probably have on their books we dont have much in the way of leverage. I would however have expected them to pull out all the stops to have the team shirts ready .....

We hope to have the shirts here by the end of August and will distribute them to you as soon as they arrive.  As they are part of the same order as the playing kit please be assured that the team won't be wearing the kit before you do.

This comment is RIDICULOUS. While fans may be re-assured by the fact that the players wont have their shirts in time either, the club should be APPALLED, ANNOYED, ANGRY and have steam coming out of their ears about this and the letter should reflect this. Will the sponsor be quite so reassured ? Most of thier flights might be late but I am sure they wont take kindly to the shirts not being here for a game that will be televised WORLDWIDE

I believe this is the last year of the Errea deal. I sincerely hope that the club do not renew it as the supplier has never delivered on time, the quality of the merchandise is sometimes questionable, and different batches have different sizes regardless of what the label says. shoddy. shoddy. shoddy.

I dont think the club can be blamed here. They are bound by contract and Errea supply a **** of a lot more clubs than ICT. The change of sponsor at such a late time is the major problem.

Alex - ultimately they have to shoulder some of it. they are not blameless, and regardless of when we were made aware of the sponsorship deal, the discussions would have been ongoing for a while giving plenty of time to co-ordinate with Errea.

Is it so difficult to ask "If we need strips here by August 4th, what is our cut off date ?". If we actually ordered in time, then someone needs to be on the phone every morning saying "where are they", "where are they", "where are they" until they arrive. If we ordered late, then it IS the club's fault and someone needs to be sweet talking them to get it done.

It would be understandable if the Logo was an integrated part of the shirt design/material, but it isn't it is something which is heat pressed on to the article AFTER production.

The transfers take a relatively short time to produce - we aren't talking about any complicated process here, the material is fed into a printer which uses special inks to print the item and takes no longer to produce than it would on the printer you have sitting on your desk.  It then takes a minute or so to apply the transfer to the shirt, even if they only had one machine for applying the sponsor logo that's only about 17 hours of run time for 1000 shirts - hardly justifies a months delay.

Guest TinCanFan

If ICT knew the contact was up with OneTouch and they knew that Flybe was going to be the next sponsor then why didn't they start producing the shirts before it was announced to the public?  And I don't know of any away games that ICT need their away shirts before the shirts come out but if they do will they play in blank training shirts like in the friendlies because they cant play in last seasons shirt because it has OneTouch on it unless they just rip it off and play in a shirt with no sponsor.  Finally I don't think black was the best idea for an area shirt because it would clash with teams who play in dark blue like Rangers or Ross County (should ICT play them in a cup match) so I'm guessing teams like that would have to play in their away shirt at home.

I dont think the club can be blamed here. They are bound by contract and Errea supply a **** of a lot more clubs than ICT. The change of sponsor at such a late time is the major problem. I would assume that Flybe were made aware of the problems that would arise and I would expect that they would have no problem in us continuing with the OneTouch home top being used for a month. Looking at the opposition for away games in august we should be able to use the home top for those games so strip registration shouldn't be a problem.

For the future I think the club needs to look at when and how they negotiate sponsorship deals so as to allow for the need to change kit.

Sorry Alex but that is a very tendentious post. I am in full agreement with Scotty and Caley D here. Getting the new top ready for the start of the season is becoming a integral part of pre season preparation. You have fans who want to have the latest piece of kit at the start of the season not weeks/months down the line. Given the popularity of the Home top and the well received Away kit it is money that is being lost out on by ICT.

Can anyone say why Erra could produce the training tops with Flybe on them but not the strips?

Also, have we had a delivery from Erra that has been on time?

The training tops are Errea t-shirts with press on logo, probably from stock.

The point I'm trying to make is, though talks were going on for about six weeks, the deal with Flybe wasn't finalised until June so orders couldn't be placed until then.

Did you know, Errea sponsor some thirty clubs, six in UK and 24 in Italy, as well as Basketball, Volleyball and Rugby clubs.

Did you know, Errea sponsor some thirty clubs, six in UK and 24 in Italy, as well as Basketball, Volleyball and Rugby clubs.

You would think they would be good at this kind of thing then.

Did you know that when ICT used Le Coq Sportif as the shirt supplier, special iron-on sponsor logos were produced so that fans could change the badge of the sponsor from Citylink to Scotrail ....... doesnt sound like the club have even considered this as a temporary measure for the team shirts .......

As for Errea, hopefully ICT will lighten their load and they will only be sponsoring 5 teams next season !!!!

Got a letter from the club this morning informing me the away top will be out in the middle of august the same time as the teams away top, also got a ten pound voucher because of the hold up. See what happens when we are sponsered by flybe  its late again :rolleyes02: :rolleyes02: :rolleyes02:

[modbreak]moving this into the topic that already mentions this[/modbreak]

ok - I re-read this thread when I merged big man's topic into it ..... and to emphasise something that seems to be getting missed by a few people (including me I must admit) ......

I regret to inform you that due to the late change of shirt sponsorship to Flybe we now expect there to be a delay in the arrival of the commemorative awayshirt.

Presumably, this means that the home shirts are OK despite the late change in sponsorship ?

Did you know, another Scottish club were considering switching to Errea this year, contacted ICT for an opinion, and very quickly removed Errea from the shortlist!

I think I know a little bit more about the club's dealings with Errea than the average supporter (although I would concede that I also know far less about it than the club officials).

Some of the stuff I have been told over the last few years has been quite annoying, mind boggling or just downright disrespectful to the club and I would sincerely hope that the club are already looking around for a UK supplier for when the contract ends even if it means that both kits have to change next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have paid another ?100 to have my name removed from the new away shirt.

I don't want to be assosciated with a team that performs so poorly and wilts at the sight of the old firm.