FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibs at it again!!

kencar

He's a great player. Hibs fans must be gutted to see their team being ripped apart. I can see Collins getting punted pretty quickly if he doesn't get the right players in.

It makes complete sense from an accounting perspective and must upset Romanov who basically wants to trade assets to reduce debt.

Oh dear. Football School for you and TicCanFan  :015:

?12m in the last 2 years according to Sky Sports News that Hibs have taken from player sales including 7 to the Old Firm :017:

Am i right in thinking they also have'nt spent any or at least hardly any of that, Is the Hibs chairman Rod Petrie keeping it all for himself :024:

Yes, Eddie Turnbull and Pat Stanton must be green with envy.

In their days players were scrambling to get into the Hibs team , not leave it.

Well, every dog has its day so no doubt  the great Hibs teams of the past will come to the fore again.... :009:

I think the annoying thing is that there's more where they came from, well annoying if you ain't a Hibee that is! As a team we will only really miss Scott Brown! ain't got a replacement for Scotty. But for Whittaker, Sproule and Killen we've got more than adequate replacements.  :001:

Well, well, who would have thunk it?

Top marks for vision to Hibs--this site is huge. Imagine five full pitches and a synthetic pitch up to FIFA top standards for International matches. Plus the top rate facilities and all due to be in place and finished by the end of 2007.

I wonder what all this is costing them?  :022:

The fact is that Hibs had the foresight, in the late eighties, early nineties, to see that teams could not continue to sustain the infux of foriegn players and so set up one of the countries best youth policies. They are now the envy of every other team because talented players are now appearing with conveyor belt regularity. Their new training facilities will enhance that no end and for years to come Hibs will reap the benifits of their player factory.

Well, well, who would have thunk it?

Top marks for vision to Hibs--this site is huge. Imagine five full pitches and a synthetic pitch up to FIFA top standards for International matches. Plus the top rate facilities and all due to be in place and finished by the end of 2007.

I wonder what all this is costing them?  :022:

Scott Brown, Gary O'Connor, Kevin Thompson, Steven Whittaker and so on........ but as Alex MacLoed says the club will benefit in the long run! What we have to figure away around is how to stop the O/F benefitting from it?  :001:

according to the edinburgh evening news (last year) the project is costing around ?4million in total and a further ?400,000 a year to run, though they are expecting to make most of that money back by allowing other football and rugby teams to train there

the story was in the paper last christmas as they had just received the final installment of gary o connors transfer fee from lokomotiv, which was all they needed to cover the cost of the site

it looks hideous, heres a picture of hearts academy which is a joint venture with heriot watt, sadly none of the exterior

0,,10289~369141,00.jpg

0,,10289~369117,00.jpg

0,,10289~369118,00.jpg

0,,10289~369119,00.jpg

0,,10289~369123,00.jpg

compare that to

graphic5.jpg

:015:  poor hibs.  at least they're giving it a go

For a closet yam your not too subtle. Posting a photo of a unfinished building and slating it is not too clever. It was nice to see the smaller Herriot Watt facility and the marvellous Murray Park. Its the way ahead for the modern game. I'd love to see one set up here. I watched Rangers having training sessions with 50 to 100 local kids in their Rangers tops at Grant street, last year and the year before that. I must say I wondered why this wasn't  a ICT initiative?

graphic6.jpg

How it will look when completed.

you ever been to victoria park?  youll see our up and running academy there (note, that isnt a joke about them being our feeder club but the whole county-academy combo thing seems to be doing us no harm)

hibs land still looks like a barn to me mate.  im not sure whats worse, if theyre keeping it green because hibs are green (hideous and stupid) or if its the fact they cant afford the paint job

what makes you think im a closet yam?

you ever been to victoria park?  youll see our up and running academy there (note, that isnt a joke about them being our feeder club but the whole county-academy combo thing seems to be doing us no harm)

hibs land still looks like a barn to me mate.  im not sure whats worse, if theyre keeping it green because hibs are green (hideous and stupid) or if its the fact they cant afford the paint job

what makes you think im a closet yam?

I'd say the tone of your whole post! :001:

As for the academy lookin' like a barn? I'll just have to accept your comment! You have a bit of a downer on barns? Been knocked back in a couple I expect.

As for it being green, what do you expect it to be? maroon! Thought the name Hibernian would be a clue. :023:

[img width=500 height=373] easterroad7.jpg

Jesus we've even painted the grass.  :rolleyes02:

the barns look cheap and tacky, end of!  :sillywave:

why do you support hibs anyway?

Born in a side street at the foot of Easter Road, slightly diluted Leith Irish...... what else could I have been or wanted to be! Raised in Inverness in the red n' black. Out of curiousity every Invernessian I know was either a Caley/whatsit, Jaggy/whatever or a clacher/? I doubt if you only got into football league 12 years ago........ so who did you drop to follow your local club?