FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charlie looking to sign a couple of new players

kiltarlity

In his interview CC's main complaint was the lack of effort and passion by a lot of the players.

That's not very inspiring--since the Caley thistle team in past years has been NOTED for just that--spirit. Something that has kept them afloat .

Being overseas I could not get the audio report of the game so am not in a position to comment but the consensus of the reports on this site is not encouraging. Even sounds like a bit of a shambles and if it is then bringing in Marius Niculae is unlikely to change it overnight.

O.K.--one swallow does not make a Summer, ket's see what happens....eh? :rolleyes02:

Picture will be clearer after the Well and Midden matches SP- defence was the main worry - Caff looked out of sorts, Granty was all over the place trying to assume control - It looked as if the tactics were fer Granty to go foer everything and let Caff sweep - but that is nigh on impossible to do when you are holding a high defensive line. Most times the ball fell to Caff he was under pressure and had to welly it but when he had times he appeared to need an age and was almost blocked a few times.

Rosscoe was also holding the high line as well and against a speed machine like Beesley that is football suicide. Dods used to cover Rosscoe going forward last year but that did not happen. Plus Walter Smith had obviously sussed out our right sided weakness right from the off. That was also because Bazza was in right midfield and is hardly the best to provide extra defensive cover. Hastings only looked dodgy when Novo arrived on the scene but at least he had Rankin as back up.

The other problem was Barry Ferguson and again that was good tactics from Smith. He played Ferguson in a more forward role and McBain could not contain him. Duncan may have been the better option as he would have filled the gap naturally.

The main debacle was playing Rory as the target man and Wyness slightly deeper. That in effect rendered us totally sterile up front. It affected the whole game as we oftenplayed all right up to the last third and then totally ran out of ideas. I cannot recall one instance where any of our players ran at their defence and tried to pull a cross back. It became desperate direct route stuff.

As I have said on another thread we will be a different proposition away from home when we will be hitting peeple on the break. As fer Bamba I am reliably informed that we have made an offer which was deemed not enuff. If there eve was a time to sink into the profits it is now. TWO defenders and a cover goalie (at least on stand by) is required.

Sounds ominous but we played tactically straight into Rangers hands and by the time CC had sussed it out we were 2-0 down.

As I said somewhere else, Caff seems to be getting a lot of stick, but I reckon the problem was Tokely. He was so far upfield most of the time, Caff was being forced to cover across for him, and was constantly being pulled out right. Rangers played on this time after time.

Tokely was awful on Saturday IMO, he needs to remember his main job is to defend!

Rossco was indeed caught out by the pace of beasley, he was lucky not to have been booked for the late tackle in the first half.

Hastings was also way out of touch for most of the game, where was he when Novo got his goal? however not many of our players got pass marks on saturday, we looked very one paced and no idea how to test the Rangers defence.

The defence needs cover if only to keep these guys looking over their shoulders, CC really has to ditch some of the midfield deadwood and sign 2 defensive players.

We can only wait and hope that Nico can give us that wee bit extra.

Morgan for one, cant see a future for him, we have 11 midfielders at this club which is way too many for the size of it, from what i've seen of Marcus he is not too fantastic,  Vigurs looks like one for the future.

Release Morgan, loan out Patti and Vigurs.

Morgan for one, cant see a future for him, we have 11 midfielders at this club which is way too many for the size of it, from what i've seen of Marcus he is not too fantastic,  Vigurs looks like one for the future.

Release Morgan, loan out Patti and Vigurs.

I think CC thinks of Morgan as cover for left back rather than a midfielder