• Les Fridge
    • Mark Brown
    • Steve Paterson
    • Barry Wilson
    • Barry Robson
    • Dennis Wyness
    • Someone else

JIMMY CALDER, INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE

Don't think we have ever had such an entertaining player, even when he had a bad game he always made me smile with his ventures all over the park.

Caley D

Runs out of defence, sitting on the bar, saving at least 50% of penalties against him.

ICTChris

It has to be Jimmy Calder. He's playing for Nairn County now and he came on as a sub against QPR and within 5 mins he had tackled a forward and went on a run down the left wing. Ah! the memories.

CaleyNairnite

We will never see another keeper like him - absolute Legend.

KingBeastie

After a rocky start at Caley Thistle Jimmy won fans over with his tremendous performances - not bad for a fat lad that worked as a brickie !!! Remember when he sat on the crossbar whilst playing for Inverness Thistle in a fairly one-sided match !!!

Scott MacKenzie

Just SOOOPERB, never a dull moment.

Oats

I never thought I could grow to love a ex-Thistle player so much. He was great entertainment and was the best keeper I have ever seen at saving penalties. I was always confident he was going to save it, rather than worrying the opponent was going to score it.

Stomach

Remember an easy home win against Arbroath - they had a former County striker playing for them, he was giving Calder lip - he ended up running 30 yards out of his box to confront him and had to be restrained. Another time, in our first season we had a home friendly against Celtic, his ICT debut - Rudi Vata took a long range free kick. Calder didn't dive, he stood and cockily started doing exercises in contempt - but the ball ended up hitting the post! - the hostile Telford street crowd went mental at him.