FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rail Travel News - Livingston :IMPORTANT

Gringo

I doubt if many ICT fans will travel down to Livingston on Saturday by rail, but, if you are then you'll need to know of this:-

Engineering work closes the railway between Gleneagles and Perth from Saturday 29 April until Wednesday 3 May 2006

Saturday 29 April 2006 to Wednesday 3 May 2006

Due to engineering work:

GNER services via Stirling will be diverted via Ladybank. Road replacement services are in operation between Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling, Gleneagles and Perth

First Scotrail services from Glasgow Queen Street to Aberdeen, Dundee or Elgin will either divert via Falkirk High and Fife to Dundee or terminate at Dunblane.

Road replacement services are in operation between Larbert, Stirling, Dunblane, Gleneagles, Perth and Dundee

http://nrekb.nationalrail.co.uk/service_bu...tAndFuture.html

It's OK RiG, free soap provided on disembarking :wink:

ScotRail do sometimes advertise Inverness trains as a destination somewhere else - e.g. Glasgow to Elgin, Aberdeen to Kyle of Lochalsh - I think they sit in Inverness station for about 15-20 minutes then reverse out again. It nearly caught me out once when reading the departure boards at Glasgow Queen Street I think - beware!

Forgot the main reason for posting: if anyone IS getting the train to Livingston, it's a fair walk from either of the stations to the ground. Allow around 40 minutes minimum between the station and ground.

There is a train that goes to Elgin from Glasgow, it just sit's in Inverness for 5 minutes, and terminates in Elgin.

As for the walk to the stadium, 40 minutes, you having a laugh? It took 2 in the taxi, and was only a fiver. No way will it take 40 minutes walking.