FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Canadian Eagle {live web cam}.

Canada Bob

Hey Bob, That's pretty cool. Saw one of a Bald Eagle the other (probably the same thing) but it was giving me dirty looks. I wouldn't mess with it anyway, but a Golden Eagle could have it! :)

Aye, it's something else aint it, nothing like that in Wigin, sigh.

I know the area where the nest is, in British Columbia, spent some time out there a few years back, what with the eagles, the massive salmon and the Orca {killer whales} the place is magnificent. It's knocking me sick being back "home" in Wigin knowing what I'm missing over there :(

Canada Bob.

I'm trying to get out there for next summer for a couple of months :) I love Orcas and would love to go Vancouver Island and see them there.

I've been watching the Eagle cam for the last half hour - it's quality. The one at Boat of Garten for the Ospreys is offline. EJ was a slag again this year and had her way with another male before Henry turned up. It's always the same with woman - they always want more and treat the men like crap :roll:

I've already seen the Male & Female here fight over who is sitting on the eggs to incubate them :lol:

Hello RiG...

If you need any pointers as to where to stay, how to get there and all that drop me a line anytime,

I did 23 years in Canada, mostly Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia, but I know BC well enough, spent

several months out there around Naniamo mostly, Victoria as well though, a great part of the World.

If you want my e-mail address just send a note to Don Johnstone the Moderator in here, he has it.

All the Best,

Canada Bob.

Cheers my man - I'll keep that in mind :wink:

Whatever bird is on the nest now has just stared at the camera for the last 20 minutes while the other is away, I assume, feeding for the two of them.

Thanks for that RiG...

I like it, 'specially the Diary thing, dint know Ospreys kept them :wink:

I'll pass the site on to some of me mates in Canada and the US,

they'l love it, being from Scotland and all...

Canada Bob.

This is the 2nd year that Henry has returned late to the nest site. EJ always gets there before him - makes a change for the woman to be on time! Anyway last year she had her way with at least one other male before Henry returned and laid a clutch of eggs. Henry returned, had a fight with the male and kicked the eggs out of the nest. EJ and Henry mated but I don't think she laid any more eggs. She just sat on the nest and moaned for him to get food for her.

This year she did it again but this time, while the intruder was seen off, EJ hasn't laid any eggs yet so it will be interesting to see if Henry kicks the eggs out again. EJ and Henry have mated but I wonder if he will be able to tell or if Ospreys are another species that practice infanticide like Lions and (hypothesised anyway) dolphins.

Rest easy RiG, we're at least 5 hours ahead of the US,

and 8-9 hours ahead of Western Canada, so you can

take a lay in and still be up before the early birds !

2 o'clock in the afternoon here is 6:00am in BC and Washingtom State.