FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

On a positive note

chris123

I always felt that Rory can become a first team player at the club as he can not get any worst than wyness who i believe is passed it. I am hoping he can start alot of the games from now to the end of the season

I don't see Rory as having failed at anything, the guy is young and still has a long career ahead of him.  Perhaps letting Niculae take him under his wing and giving him some time on the park up front along with him is just what he needs.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

If nothing else, at least McAllister can get his feet off the ground when jumping for a ball, something nobody else in our strike force is able to do.

Wondered when the 'Rory is still young ' thing would surface again... he aint young anymore he's 24 next birthday, 3 years younger than Marius.

Rory seems to do well in the reserves..seems. but in my mind he will never make it.

And he canna jump.

I think it is fair to say that if Rory doesn't break through between now and the end of the season, when there is nothing to play for, and at a time when other players are underperforming, then he never will.

There's been a lot of nit picking by some of the pinheads on here and other places and he doesn't deserve that at all.

What do you think of Phil McGuire?

caley100 - he is 20 just now according to the official site.

I think it is fair to say that if Rory doesn't break through between now and the end of the season, when there is nothing to play for, and at a time when other players are underperforming, then he never will.

I can think of lots of players who haven't shown too much promise during the early stage of their careers...

Darren Dods is one who springs to mind...

So do you think if Rory doesn't make it by the end of the season, he should he pack it in and pursue a career in accountancy..?

Guest TinCanFan

There's been a lot of nit picking by some of the pinheads on here and other places and he doesn't deserve that at all.

What do you think of Phil McGuire?

He has games where he is good and others where he is terrible.  Saturday was the latter.

So do you think if Rory doesn't make it by the end of the season, he should he pack it in and pursue a career in accountancy..?

He's no Paul Ritchie!

If he doesn't break through and consistently demonstrate abilities that we have only seen at first team level in a couple of the 50 or so opportunities he's had, then it would be in his and the club's interest for him to be released from his contract this summer.

He could then go out and find his level, wherever that might be.

And ICT could then give a promising youngster like Wood the chance to step up.

There is no way Rory would get in any other squad in the spl.

he cant score goals, hold up the ball, or run which is a bit of a problem for a centre forward!

dont like having a go at the lad but i just cant see what he could bring to the team. he did however send dunfermline down with the worlds worst ever goal  :021:

There is no way Rory would get in any other squad in the spl.

dont like having a go at the lad but i just cant see what he could bring to the team. he did however send dunfermline down with the worlds worst ever goal  :021:

I could be wrong but wasn't it Tokely who scored, with the help of a crazy deflection, that consigned Dunfermline to Div 1..?

I couldn't believe it when he came on...talk about taking the p***!

Just sat through that pile of s***, and then on comes No 13!

Rory just isn't an SPL player - he's far too lazy!  Anyone can look sharp in 5 minutes....

give him a few more and his usual swagger would have surfaced!

If you are going to give youngsters a chance, surely Zander deserves it first?

Mrs PB

i would definatley give rory a chance, he did more in his 5 mins than wyness did in 45 mins, and wyness has been guff for a few months now. think nows the perfect time to give him his chance (as well as viguirs in place of duncan), least that way we could finally make a semi-informed judgment on the poor lad