FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness

Caley Stan

I agree that the fact that neither Denzil or his agent have sought to rebut Graeme Bennett's statement adds considerable credance to it.

A sad state of affairs if an agent's greed has led to the loss of someone who remains one of the more skillful players at the club.

If Denzil was unaware of what his agent was attempting to do on his behalf then it's surely time for him to get a new agent or dispense with the services of an agent altogether.

I can understand why Premiership players who are involved in substantial commercial endorsemant, image rights and the like might need professional assistance but surely someone in Wyness's position who is an intelligent mature adult can negotiate terms of employment at a financial level not dissimilar to a lot of fans and without any other complications without requiring the services of a third part who will then take a slice of whatever cake he's managed to secure.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few people seem to be assuming that it was the agent who was looking to alter the agreed contract...has nobody stopped to think that perhaps the contract the club sent to the agent at the 11th hour was not what was agreed and he simply adjusted it accordingly?

That would certainly be a scenario which would allow the club to spin the story the way they have, and for me, it is a scenario that would certainly fit better with the run of events as they are being reported.  It's certainly strange that if the agent had tried to squeeze more from the deal that Wyness was not aware of it before speaking to the press and giving the statement he did...either the club or his agent would surely have brought him up to speed at some point over the weekend.

Too many half truths from the club for me to believe that blame lies anywhere other than at their feet.

We can all go on about this situation about the club etc...but the fact in the matter is, a man with a family has not got his future sorted out at all just now.  The way the club have treated it is an absolute disgrace and they have many things to be ashamed of over recent weeks.

Duncan complains in the press, does feck all on the pitch but plays nearly a full 90mins every week.

Wyness only complained to the press cause of the way he was treated and how it was all up in the air, Wyness is a hero at ICT, Duncan is not, Wyness when on form will get us goals! Duncan when on form will manage to complete 1 or 2 passes in a match but yet who gets the new 3 year contract?! Duncan!

Its embarassing and ok Denzil hasn't scored since October but he's been injured and not getting games... I feel really sorry for him and his family right now.

But Bennet was in the fluke last night drinking away from around 4.30ish...drinking our money away and was having a laugh and a joke, he's finanically sound i assume but maybe he should put himself in Wyness's shoes and see what it feels like!  The sooner he goes the better! + Brewster!

But Bennet was in the fluke last night drinking away from around 4.30ish...drinking our money away and was having a laugh and a joke, he's finanically sound i assume but maybe he should put himself in Wyness's shoes and see what it feels like!  The sooner he goes the better! + Brewster!

Think you need to have a gulp of fresh air and a reality check if seeing Grassa having a beer and relaxing annoys you.

Waiting till some of those at the game give opinion on the "missed opportunities"....one of them was certainly alluded to as being from a tight angle and it sounded like Wyness played it across the goal but Paatelainen(?) believed he was offside so never stuck it home.

Chances were being created and Wyness was getting on the end of them, so some positives in that.

As I said in the matchday thread, Wyness could and should have perhaps made more of the opportunities but he's not had much first team football of late and to judge him based on a single performance (which didn't sound all bad) would be harsh.

I suspect he may not have even been in the squad had it not been for the last minute need to remove Niculae.

Did the commentator not say that Malky and Brew were both clapping him off the park?

He must have made a decent enough impression... it would have been interesting to see how he did alongside Niculae, knowing they have a decent record playing alongside one another.

Yes he got applauded off by us and a wee chorus of the Denzil song. His effort and link play were faultless I would say - chased a lot of balls into the corner and so on, plus the usual turns and layoffs.

So far I've avoided mentioning the finishing........

Yes he got applauded off by us and a wee chorus of the Denzil song. His effort and link play were faultless I would say - chased a lot of balls into the corner and so on, plus the usual turns and layoffs.

So far I've avoided mentioning the finishing........

Remember their keeper got MoM....