FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness

Caley Stan

It's fair to say that Wyness isn't having the best season but he has been injured for a lot of the campaign and Brewster's tactical "genius" never sees him playing where he should be playing a lot of the time. Brewster has the worst tactical knowledge for a professional coach I have ever seen! I'm outraged by what has happened.  I also don't think there was a sympathy vote as mentioned above he's stating it as it is, he needs to sort his future out soon because of his family to give them stability and that's understanable.  I think he still has the attributes to do a great job with us but Brewster seems to be on a mission to remove any legendry players from the squad bar Tokely!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really cant believe things turned around so quickly after 45 mins against Falkirk. Thought Dennis had a decent first half always looking to come short and link with the midfield.

Dennis at the moment was the only player worth paying to watch in this season of guff, can see the fans patience running. out rapidly   

I see in the North Star newspaper today that County are interested in Dennis. Perhaps the swap with Barrowman was always on the cards - knowing brew has previously expressed interest - and Dennis was indeed used as a 'pawn' to hide what is going on behind the scenes?

Even so, I seriously hope Dennis considers contacting the C.A.B. with regards to how he has been treated. It certainly does sound like constructive dismissal. He netted 2 in midweek aswell, so it's not like he doesn't know where the net is. Reading the reports, it was down to how well he linked with the midfield - see, a striker is only as good as the players around him, just as a 'keeper is only as good as the defence, and a manager as good as the team he selects!!!

Now if just put pen to paper when he was first offered the new contract.

We would not be having this debate

Or was he looking to see who would come in for him first? :024:

No Dennis wasn't looking around for another club, he was happy to stay with ICT and agreed terms some time ago. 

The delay in signing was nothing to do with Dennis, he would happily have signed if the paperwork had been made available.

Here's a different perspective on the Wyness contract withdrawal.

Imagine you are engaged. Shortly before the wedding you decide, for whatever reason, that you don't want to commit to spending years with that person. Your fiancee has done nothing wrong, and everyone will think that you are a heartless git who has ruined her life.

The concensus here is that you should be obliged to proceed with a marriage that you don't want and no longer think will work, because you had previously indicated your intention to marry and shouldn't change your mind.

total shambles and what gets me is the quote about russell duncan:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t..._ct/7303922.stm

Wyness was happy to sign, Russell was thinking about other clubs, and demandin more. But when he says duncan hasnt let his performances drop during negotiations???? what games are you watchin mr brewster?

wyness wont take it further i dont think, he will get another spl club i think no bother, i think his quotes suggest he is destined to move now no matter what.

i hope anyone going to kilmarnock tomorrow who is angry will make their feelings known.

Here's a different perspective on the Wyness contract withdrawal.

Imagine you are engaged. Shortly before the wedding you decide, for whatever reason, that you don't want to commit to spending years with that person. Your fiancee has done nothing wrong, and everyone will think that you are a heartless git who has ruined her life.

The concensus here is that you should be obliged to proceed with a marriage that you don't want and no longer think will work, because you had previously indicated your intention to marry and shouldn't change your mind.

But imagine if you've just agreed the vows and are standing in the vestry waiting to sign the register but then the marriage certificate is not available! Then when it's finally found you're other half says "ach ya know what, you weren't very good in bed last night for once ! I think i'll no go through wi this marriage now !!!"

If Dennis was offered a contract then ICT must have thought what he had done prior to this as meriting one.

If he was offered terms up to a certain date and Dennis did not sign, regardless whether his agent fell down on the job and failed to produce the document on time, it is unlikely that Dennis has any legal recourse.The courts cannot take into account the stupidity of agents who do not regard the importance of getting the contract to the player on time as a professional imperative. Wyness should fire an agent who allows that to happen--what about faxes or email ;does the agent not have a computer? The whole thing is like watching Fred Karno's army.

We simply don't appear to know why, in such a circumstance, ICT did not agree to hold the signing over for a couple of days--maybe it was a blessing in disguise for them because  maybe they felt that Dennis should and could have signed before the deadline and were exasperated by things he had said or delaying tactics he may have used or ...this...or that.. and both sides of the story must be heard before a verdict on the affair can fairly be reached.

But it sure looks like  they were a bit fed up with him for whatever reason (agent playing too many games perhaps?)and decided that enough is enough and bring out the hardball . Bit of a farce all round..... :018:

If Dennis was offered a contract then ICT must have thought what he had done prior to this as meriting one.

If he was offered terms up to a certain date and Dennis did not sign, regardless whether his agent fell down on the job and failed to produce the document on time, it is unlikely that Dennis has any legal recourse.The courts cannot take into account the stupidity of agents who do not regard the importance of getting the contract to the player on time as a professional imperative. Wyness should fire an agent who allows that to happen--what about faxes or email ;does the agent not have a computer? The whole thing is like watching Fred Karno's army.

We simply don't appear to know why, in such a circumstance, ICT did not agree to hold the signing over for a couple of days--maybe it was a blessing in disguise for them because  maybe they felt that Dennis should and could have signed before the deadline and were exasperated by things he had said or delaying tactics he may have used or ...this...or that.. and both sides of the story must be heard before a verdict on the affair can fairly be reached.

But it sure looks like  they were a bit fed up with him for whatever reason (agent playing too many games perhaps?)and decided that enough is enough and bring out the hardball . Bit of a farce all round..... :018:

Pimple - please re-read the rest of this thread .... Dennis is the one who was trying to sign his contract, no agent delays, no pissing about by him, it is the club who are the ones that missed the meeting to get the paperwork done and the manager pulled the rug from under him a couple of days later.

As I have said numerous times on this thread and others ... It matters not a feckin jot what your opinion is about whether Dennis Wyness should have had a contract or not, the simple fact is that he was offered one, agreed one, arranged to sign one, and through no fault of his own found that it wasnt available to be signed at the agreed time. fast forward 24/48 hours and despite everything being arranged/agreed .... the manager withdraws the previously agreed offer from him, but not from another player who he had promised to withdraw it from if that player hadnt signed by that weekend. Its a shocking way to treat anyone and Brewster has to go if he thinks that is man management.

While we always mump and moan about something on here this is the first time in the 14 year history of this site that I have ever seen such a sizeable and varied group of people calling for the manager's head. We dont do that at ICT, we have never sacked a manager and we have (almost) always been happy with our board ..... until now.

Time to go Mr Brewster, and to take any directors with you who think your man management style is working.

In view of what you say, Scotty, which puts a new complexion on it, it looks like I should have taken the time to read the whole thread and got hold of the wrong end of the stick. So my apologies for that. Dennis is right to be aggrieved and I understand your anger.

:cry04:

A manager lives or dies by his actions and decisions.  For me, Mr Brewster has made a crass decsion with Wyness based on a kneejerk reaction to the Falkirk game.  I hope for Brewster's sake that he gets the reaction he's looking for from the team for the rest of the season.

Dennis, if by any chance you're reading this, I'm sorry for the way you've been treated and I wish you well if you depart ICT.

Without wanting to be controversial I'm not sure Wyness has been the same player he was since he did his shoulder in. The last few games I've seen him play he has been especially ultra-light weight and easily brushed aside. Now whether that is a physical or mental issue I cannot say. However, he has always scored goals when given the chance and I'm sure that was taken into account when he was offered a new contract. No matter what spin the club or our manger put on it they were happy for him to sign a new contract one day and decided to withdraw it the next. Not on  :008:

dennis wyness = ict legend and still our most naturally gifted goal scorer.

im totally embarrassed by the way the club has treated him over this. brewster and anyone else involved in this decision should do the honourable thing and resign, now. :008:

Was disguested to read in the paper about Brewster pulling the plug on Wyness - I have supported him since he came back to club no questions asked but lack of good performances let alone wins this year, the loss of Rankin, what i deem as poor tactics and now this make me think that i can no longer support him and quite frankly if things don't drastically pick up i think the only person leaving the club after the season should be him. I'm a very unhappy man right now.

A few more songs of support for Dennis Wyness that should be sang by ALL fans at every game until Brew takes the hint!!!

'STAND UP, FOR DENNIS WYNESS - STAND UP, FOR DENNIS WYNESS!!!'

'If you want to go to heaven when you die,

you got to make sure that your managers don;t lie

if you're getting daddy brew, then your futures feckin screwed

if you want to go to heaven when you die!'

'Happiness, Happiness, we are the boys, of inverness

one bloke we love, 'cause he's the best

he goes by the name of wy-ness'

I wouldn't mind betting that 90 minutes of 'Wyness (clap clap clap), Wyness (clap clap clap)' would make for a somewhat indifferent atmosphere!!!

about now I'd say

doesn't mean he can't be used in the squad though

Wyness has been excellent for us, and if he was dropped in behind 2 strikers I still think he would turn out more great performances in an ICT shirt, but the fact of the matter is that Brew is too 1 dimensional to try anything different and so in his eyes if he can't play striker postition and score goals then he should be replaced by someone who can.  In a way you can't argue with that at the end of the day he is employed for that role Brewster is just an absolute muppet in the way he has gone about this, reminds me of when he left 1st time round talking about loyalty a week before and then fecking off to United.  

We desperately need a striker with pace and Brew has to move people around to get the money to afford one, I'd have loved to see Wyness stay at the club until his dying day but Brewster had to sacrafice someone and he has obviously chosen Wyness he has just gone about it in a completely retarded way

Wyness for manager that's my shout!!  :023:

if he had scored twenty odd goals this season would his paperwork have been removed?

When has any ICT striker scored 20 goals in the SPL? Dargo would be the only one that springs to mind but even he might not quite have hit 20. I'm not sure. Teams like us won't have 20 goals a season forwards in our squad. We will be lucky if we have a couple of players (strikers) that hit double figures. Wyness was key to our fantastic run earlier in the season. But then again perhaps Brewster has forgotten this?