FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness

Caley Stan

anyone who was at the game on saturday knows who is responsible for withdrawing the contract. brewster completely ignored dennis as he came off. quite simply dennis is being made a scapegoat  for our managers poor team selection and tactical naivety. barry wilson has been treated the same way recently so it is no surprise . brewster wants to remember what these guys have given to our club and treat them with the dignity they deserve.

Whilst I agree that both Dennis and Barry have been great servants, the sad truth is that they are both now past their best, and although you are right that they should be treated with respect and dignity, lets face it, they don't have much more to offer ICT.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LETS GET BEHIND DENNIS AND HIS FAMILY. THEY DON'T DESERVE THIS TREATMENT, NO-ONE DOES  :symbol_exclaim01:

Come on Section G, lets get singing this vs. aberdire!!!

NEW CONTRACT FOR DENZIL,  NO CONTRACT FOR BREW! thatl do nicely...

Country Roads, take Brew home

to the place he belongs,

New contract for Denzil,

No contract for Brew

Country roads, take Brew Home!

anyone who was at the game on saturday knows who is responsible for withdrawing the contract. brewster completely ignored dennis as he came off. quite simply dennis is being made a scapegoat  for our managers poor team selection and tactical naivety. barry wilson has been treated the same way recently so it is no surprise . brewster wants to remember what these guys have given to our club and treat them with the dignity they deserve.

Whilst I agree that both Dennis and Barry have been great servants, the sad truth is that they are both now past their best, and although you are right that they should be treated with respect and dignity, lets face it, they don't have much more to offer ICT.

I'm sure Dennis will enjoy all those comments as he celebrates his 31st birthday on Saturday. 

he's getting old!!

31!! about as old as barry boy!!

If Dennis is old at 31, then that must make Brewster a real Methuselah.  31 is really not that old, and a player in his early 30s can, provided he looks after himself, carry on for some years.  There's plenty of life left in Dennis yet.

I remember when dennis first came to us and he was hopeless. It wasn't till Pele put him on the transfer list that he came tolife and the rest is history. Could it repeat itself?

Helluva brutal way to make someone 'prove' himself.  It's a shabby way to treat a professional footballer who's worked hard for his club.  Shame on all involved.

he's getting old!!

31!! about as old as barry boy!!

Barry 36 and when I watched him at McDairmid he was puting some of the younger lads to shame. Brew is 41 and if it wasn't for injury he'd still be playing. If Denzil keeps his fitness up he'll play at a similar level for a few year yet

Highland News are running with Dennis's story and they will have a poll in place on www.highland-news.co.uk to ask if you think Dennis was treated fairly.

Good interview with Dennis and it seems his agent already has a few interested parties, some SPL, some not.  He has to have a good long think about what is best as he has to put his family first.

I hope he gets something sorted quickly.

Highland News are running with Dennis's story and they will have a poll in place on www.highland-news.co.uk to ask if you think Dennis was treated fairly.

Good interview with Dennis and it seems his agent already has a few interested parties, some SPL, some not.  He has to have a good long think about what is best as he has to put his family first.

I hope he gets something sorted quickly.

i would imagine 1 wld be kilmarnock?

I for one will be absolutely disgusted if we lose Dennis because of the bloody-mindedness of one or two individuals.  As Caley Stan says, Dennis is a legend.  This decision makes no footballing sense, just as the club's treatment of Barry Wilson made no sense.  It's also a downright dishonourable way of dealing with someone.

Blame it on the guy who shouted.... DONT SIGN THE CONTRACT....when he came off on sat

Did Pele not put him on the transfer list years back . Then looked what happened

Maybe its the kick up the bum he needs. :023: 

Is Hibs one of the spl team after him :tic01:

Blame it on the guy who shouted.... DONT SIGN THE CONTRACT....when he came off on sat

Did Pele not put him on the transfer list years back . Then looked what happened

Maybe its the kick up the bum he needs. :023: 

Is Hibs one of the spl team after him :tic01:

Do you really think Dennis can afford to sit about until the end of the season, just to see if ICT have a change of heart.  Dennis didn't go looking for another deal as he is happy in the area and was quite happy to sign his new contract.  He has a family to consider and I'm sure he will need something a bit more secure than that.  As has been said before his oldest daughter is due to start school in August, so it's important they are settled by then.

Don't know which teams his agent is talking to, but I would expect him to secure a summer move sooner rather than later. 

Was he treated fairly?  Currently 14% of voters think yes  :017:  His contract was agreed and due to be signed before the Falkirk game, so to have it withdrawn when the delay in signing was outwith his control I believe is very harsh indeed.  How can even 14% of people think that was fair?

Have your say here - On the right hand banner

Just read the article, Denzil comes out of it very well, no moaning, just straight talking!

"I have had a great relationship with the fans, but I can't see me staying"

"The chances of me staying at Inverness are highly unlikely after what's happened and it's time to move on"

Why on earth would you treat anyone like this?  Fair enough, if they weren't sure about offering him a new deal, and wanted to weigh up a few options.  But to have it ready, then withdraw at the last minute smacks of complete and utter incompetence! 

No lessons have been learnt at all from the Dods and Rankin fiascos!

At least you always knew where you stood with Mr Sutherland!

Good luck Dennis.  I am sure speaking out will cost him his place and any chance of a contract but at least he had the balls to say it.  Maybe he should hold out and wait until the summer and hopefully Brewster will be gone and Dennis will get his contract.

Jeez, it's not hard to read between the lines.  Article is at http://www.highland-news.co.uk/news/fullst...quit_shock.html

There is a lesson for all the other players here - even if you're putting in absolute guff performances, do right by the boss and he'll do right by you.  Dare to show some backbone and demand the same from others and you're screwed.  (I'm thinking of one player in particular here, can you tell?)

There is not a single football manager in the world who has had success with a philosophy like that.  And I'd bet my mortgage (if I had one) that Brew won't be the first.