FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness

Caley Stan

Denzil deserves a thread of his own. Along with Wilson, Mann, Stewart and Christie, he's one of the true ICT legends.

For months we've been told that the club want him to sign a new contract and now, just as the deal was about to be finalised the contract has been withdrawn (anyone who knows more than this please tell us).

Many people think that Dennis hasn't cut it in the SPL but there have been times when we've seen just how capable he is of scoring and creating goals at this level. His spell playing with Dargo was incredible. The two of them could outwit a back four and create a goal without any help. Unfortunately, injuries and poor team selections meant that they rarely played together.

Then Dargo left. It was clear that that we needed to sign a pacey striker to replace him and play with Dennis - but the suits brought in Marius instead.  Now Dennis is being chucked.

What kind of club is this that throws their legends away like this?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Denzil deserves a thread of his own. Along with Wilson, Mann, Stewart and Christie, he's one of the true ICT legends.

For months we've been told that the club want him to sign a new contract and now, just as the deal was about to be finalised the contract has been withdrawn (anyone who knows more than this please tell us).

Many people think that Dennis hasn't cut it in the SPL but there have been times when we've seen just how capable he is of scoring and creating goals at this level. His spell playing with Dargo was incredible. The two of them could outwit a back four and create a goal without any help. Unfortunately, injuries and poor team selections meant that they rarely played together.

Then Dargo left. It was clear that that we needed to sign a pacey striker to replace him and play with Dennis - but the suits brought in Marius instead.  Now Dennis is being chucked.

What kind of club is this that throws their legends away like this?

I think it is fair play to have a separate thread about Denzil so the club can see how pissed off the fans are about this latest farce in man management.

Spot on ! :clapping03:

That decision quite simply beggars belief ! :020:

Guest patconn2

Dennis and his family are victims of the appalling management of the club by Brewster. I would think that it is the latter should have contract withdrawn. See how he likes the feeling it leaves you with.

Chin up Dennis. You never know whats around the corner.

There's only one, Dennis Wyness

One, Dennis Wyness,

He used to be *****, but now he's alright

Walking in a Wyness Wonderland

Theres only one, Dennis Wyness

One, Dennis Wyness

He went for a roam, but then he came home

Theres only one, Dennis Wyness

One, Dennis Wyness

Much better than Brew, all our fans love you

De, De, De, De..... Dennis Wyness

LETS GET BEHIND DENNIS AND HIS FAMILY. THEY DON'T DESERVE THIS TREATMENT, NO-ONE DOES  :symbol_exclaim01:

Legend indeed.

But I don't have a problem with Wyness not getting a new contract. He's been playing in the SPL for 5 seasons. In that time he's looked the part for a grand total of about 5 months, spread across two spells of great form. Is that good enough?

As for the contract, I'm appalled at what is reported to have happened, but you can only really judge when you've heard the full story, from both sides.

But at the end of the day is it not the case that if Denzil had signed his contract by the specified deadline, the club would not have been able to withdraw the offer? Lesson for others.

Point being no player deserves this shocking treatment. Especially someone who has scored almost 10% of all Caley Thistles goals since 1994!!!.

Dennis - Keep your chin up bud. All us fans are behind you 100%!!!

is it not the case that if Denzil had signed his contract by the specified deadline, the club would not have been able to withdraw the offer?

As far as I heard, he was supposed to sign it on Friday but a club official either couldnt make it or didnt turn up with the paperwork. NOT Dennis' fault at all.

For those who arent bothered about him getting a contract based on his performances, think for a minute about the methods in use over the last season, perhaps a few names to help you .... Barry Wilson .... John Rankin .... Dennis Wyness ..... is the penny dropping yet. The treatment of senior players at the club, irrespective of whether you would offer them a contract or not is absolutely appalling. no wonder many do not want to stay.

Legend indeed.

But I don't have a problem with Wyness not getting a new contract. He's been playing in the SPL for 5 seasons. In that time he's looked the part for a grand total of about 5 months, spread across two spells of great form. Is that good enough?

As for the contract, I'm appalled at what is reported to have happened, but you can only really judge when you've heard the full story, from both sides.

But at the end of the day is it not the case that if Denzil had signed his contract by the specified deadline, the club would not have been able to withdraw the offer? Lesson for others.

I have said once or twice on the other threads, that had they chosen not to renew his contract, I could have lived with that, but this treatment absolutely stinks of unprofessionalism

As far as I know the deal had been agreed for a while and is backed up by press reports last week that it was due to be signed.  I don't believe that Dennis was responsible for the delay.

Anyway this is being discussed on the contracts thread so no point in duplication.  Let's keep this thread as a show of support for Denzil.

Guest birdog

is it not the case that if Denzil had signed his contract by the specified deadline, the club would not have been able to withdraw the offer?

As far as I heard, he was supposed to sign it on Friday but a club official either couldnt make it or didnt turn up with the paperwork. NOT Dennis' fault at all.

A bit suspicious given the current turn of events, was Denzil ever meant to sign the contract? Was Denzil offered what the club seen as a contract he would refuse but then Denzil surprised everyone and said he would sign?

For those who arent bothered about him getting a contract based on his performances, think for a minute about the methods in use over the last season, perhaps a few names to help you .... Barry Wilson .... John Rankin .... Dennis Wyness ..... is the penny dropping yet. The treatment of senior players at the club, irrespective of whether you would offer them a contract or not is absolutely appalling. no wonder many do not want to stay.

The way in which management have behaved is appalling, how in **** are we going to attract anyone of any calibre to the club when they see the way we treat our players here?

I just cannot believe Brewster could do such a thing! It would however help if we knew exactly why the contract wasn't signed last week - whose fault was it - did GB not turn up? If this is the way Brewster conducts himself he should walk NOW!

Guest birdog

Brewster is not in charge of player contracts.

No but he must have a huge amount of say in who gets new contracts, if not he is nothing but a coach and a pretty poor one at that.

I had assumed he wouldn't be but he was quoted in the paper last month saying he takes a very hands on approach during contract talks  :024:

What does our DoF actually do? I'm not having a go I'd genuinely I'd like to know!

Brewster involved, DoF in charge, and MD having the final say.......meaning several people would have been involved in the decision that Denzil's alleged act of indiscipline was sufficiently bad for his contract offer to be suspended?

Guest birdog

Brewster involved, DoF in charge, and MD having the final say.......meaning several people would have been involved in the decision that Denzil's alleged act of indiscipline was sufficiently bad for his contract offer to be suspended?

Ok  I accept that the MD and DoF have a say in the final stages of contracts, money and conditions etc, but as manager of the team then Brewster surely has the final say on who is deserving of having a contract renewed. The manager has the final say in picking the team (unless we are going down the same route as Hearts, God forbid) and therefore I would assume that the manager tells the DoF which personnel he wants and does not want.

Guest birdog

I think that's generally how it works.........apart from the Niculae signing!

If that is the case then why did you reply this

to this
I just cannot believe Brewster could do such a thing! It would however help if we knew exactly why the contract wasn't signed last week - whose fault was it - did GB not turn up? If this is the way Brewster conducts himself he should walk NOW!

because, I may have misread, but it seemed to me you were trying to say that the Denzil situation is not Brewsters fault as he is not in charge of contracts.