FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness

Caley Stan

I have just read the article and am fizzing with rage about this - more so than before.  What a despicable way to behave towards someone.  If I were Dennis I think I'd consider suing for constructive dismissal.  I wish Brewster would just get tae Falkirk and take one or two other people with him before they completely implode the club we love.

Very, very angry about this whole situation. :(

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish Brewster would just get tae Falkirk and take one or two other people with him before they completely implode the club we love.

Does that mean we would get Yogi?  :004: :021: :004:

Bring it on, bring Parkie back - there would never be a roof on the feckin dug out!  :015:

Mrs PB

It's a shabby way to treat someone whoever it is, but it is very hard to imagine that there would be much of an outcry from the fans if it was a less popular player like McBain or McAllister who had a contract offer withdrawn.

I'm with you on this one Yngwie.  Denzil has brought some of this on himself with poor displays.  He is a popular player with the fans, including myself, but his business is scoring goals (two in reserves yesterday) and that has not been happening.  What do the management do, persevere with people who are not doing the business or change it.  He is not the only one not performing at peak but sadly for Dennis it's D day.  It's also not ICT fault he has three children, and they are at school in the Inverness area, so drop the sympathy cards.  He will know himself if he has given 100% for the cause, I'm not too sure many of them are at the moment.  He is a legend, but we need a new legend, so maybe the time is right for ICT and Denzil to move on.

Good luck whichever path you choose, or get chosen for you.

I think his days of scoring ten plus in a season are possibly numbered, as i can see his career going downhill. I appreciate everything he has done in an ict shirt and his goalscoring record speaks for itself. But where a tokely can in his position get through the leagues not of course being a striker and not having to score numerous goals, tokers is not as scrutinised as someone say denzil who is targeted on his goal ratio in the top league.

My point being i dont think denzil is a top league player and with age catching up on him i feel we should be handing woodsy a place next term or getting someone else in. That would mean letting Wyness go, so therefore a new contract in my view should never have been on the table.

But he shouldn't have been placed in this unfortunate position in the first place basically and this should have been sorted out a long time ago and not leaving a family man in limbo at this stage of his career.  :33:

Dennis would have had more of a chance to prove himself if Brewster hadn't persisted with flogging the dead horse that was the 4-5-1 for so long when it become obvious it wasn't working every week.  Who knows whether he might have stuck a few more away if he'd had the opportunity, but the fact is he wasn't given the chance, whilst all the time being held hanging with promises of a contract offer.

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of him being offered a new contract or not, the fact is he was offered one, he was given a deadline which he intended to meet, then through no fault of his own the club representative is unable to make the meeting and the deal is withdrawn.

That's a breach of trust...pure and simple.

I used to be proud of the way our club conducted it's business.  They might not have always got it right, but they were always honest and open....recent events seem a far cry from that.  The Club is pushing the players too far and it is pushing the fans too far, the result is that they are starting to lose both.  This can be seen be the lack of fire in the bellies of the players each week and by how quick the fans are to turn on poor performances.

Internal politics and over-inflated egos are killing this club from the inside out.

It's a shabby way to treat someone whoever it is, but it is very hard to imagine that there would be much of an outcry from the fans if it was a less popular player like McBain or McAllister who had a contract offer withdrawn.

I'd still be angry if it was one of those two, or any other player, because as I've said above it's a despicable way to treat your employees.  You do not make an agreement with someone that guarantees their livelihood, then snatch it away from them just like that.  It's cruel, unfair and dishonourable and I'm angry and disappointed with the club for allowing it to happen to any of its employees.

The current Highland News poll still has 86% of voters saying that Dennis has been treated poorly. surely the Club can see these figures and realise they are wrong.

86% of the clubs fanbase cannot be wrong!!!

We have heard all the 'loyalty' speaches from Brew before (especially when he left for Utd after pledging his!) - This latest fiasco leads me to belive that not a word that comes from our Managers' mouth is to be believed.

Russel Duncan has scored 8 goals in 254 appearences and is rewarded with a 3 year contract. Dennis has scored 10% of the clubs ALL TIME TOTAL and gets shafted. Even at Hearts he scored in 20% of the games he played (including sub appearences).

If Brew really thinks Dennis is no good, then he should take a long, hard look in the mirror and as himself one question - Am I really that good as a Manager?

Whilst I agree Wyness has been treated shoddily, you can't compare a striker with a holding midfielder.  How many attacks has Denzil broken up in those games.

Look at it this way, if Denzil continued to play for us with whatever manager, would the fans still be so keen to keep him if he was underachieving?  He can't go on forever, his best times may well have passed, his desire for achievement may have diminished.  We need a hungry striker out to prove himself.

L_G has already made comparisons between Wyness and Niculae, and you'll notice Dennis' goal-to-games ratio over the season is superior. He has also been out injured for a few games, and had to settle for substitute appearences when forcing his way back into the side.

Surely if he has been doing so bad, then he wouldn't have merited being selected in the starting lineups during the months of contract negociations.

Another quick comparison is this...

Marius Niculae - 221 app 70 goals = 3.15 games per goal

Dennis Wyness - 268 app 108 goals = 2.48 games per goal

(based on domestic appearences for all clubs according to Wickpedia as at Dec 2007)

Is it not the fact that if players are standing up to Brewtser they are being punted, McCaffrey, Wilson, Rankin and now Dennis. This stinks these guys have all served the club well with the exception of Rankin who wasn't here long enough to get a chance before he got shown the door.  There is something definatley wrong in the dressing room and it's showing on the park I mean the Fakirk game there was just no passion from the players.

How many attacks has Denzil broken up in those games.

Plenty. The fact that he's been required to back-fill in midfield should tell people something about his scoring record this season. The one-up-front system should tell them something more. I'm not convinced about Brewster, but I'm prepared to accept that those further up or further down the chain may be the real problem. Nevertheless, we've a weary midfield, a sh!te bench who couldn't change a nappy, and no teeth at the front. Does it really take a fan to point that out?  :017:

Most of Wyness goals were in the 1st Div...is that his level?

Resson Wilson and Caff have been moved on...Not up to the spl... have they found theirs?

Rankin and Dodds wanted to go

Like it our not Brew has to make hard decision for the sake of the club.

You cant run a SPL club on sentiment for the past,if you do i want Ian stewart and Paul Cherry back

Resson Wilson moved on...Not up to the spl

I do hope your joking?? Barry has scored 22 goals from midfield since we got promoted to SPL, thats more than Graham Bayne, more than Wyness and behind only Dargo...

Barry has been superb for us in the SPL.

I don't think the perception of ability, talent or what individuals can offer to the club is really the issue.  The fact is that, up until the weekend, the club management DID feel that Dennis had something to offer to the club, hence the offer of a new contract.

The real issue, and a disgraceful one at that, is the club's complete u-turn between agreeing the terms of the contract on Thursday and when Dennis was hauled in to see Brewster on Monday!  What happened to change things?  The u-turn surely can't be based on 60ish minutes of a poor performance in one game!  If so, it is very worrying indeed.

No i am not joking

Yes Barry has been great for us in the past and no one can take that away from him

But when was the last time you saw him get pass defenders like he use to and put in a killer pass

The last time he played, though I can barely remember when that was as it seems such a long time ago.

Was angry enough when Barry was effectively shown the door. Now Denzil too. Have absolutely no enthusiasm to go to Kilmarnock tomorrow, but I guess we have to tell Brewster what we think of him.

As has been said many times before it would have veen perfectly legitimate for the club not to offer Wyness a new contract given that he's not had the best of seasons, it would also have been acceptable to ask him to prove himself to between now and the end ofthe season with a view to earning a new contract.

What's not acceptable, on any view, is agreeing a contract unconditionally and then withdrawing it before it's signed.

For what it's worth, a contract for services does not require to be in writing and it seems to me that if Wyness was offered terms for a further two years and that offer was withdrawn then he my well have recourse to the civil courts or an employment tribunal.

Whatever anyone may think about the merits of offering Denzil a new two year contract and there are good arguments on both sides, what happened in fact is a disgrace.

Can't decide how to rate Dennis's form of late and whether it merits a contract or not, coz he's not exactly been getting much time on the pitch.  And how can anyone expect a striker to win matches on his own when the team as a whole aren't performing?

But it does seem clear there's a distinct lack of leadership, vision and communication that's seriously affecting the whole club. 

No one seems to have a scoobie what the ****'s going on, or if they do, they're not telling..........