FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Which is the best Indiana Jones film?

stomach

What is your favourite Indiana Jones Film ?  

68 members have voted

1. 1.

• Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    • Temple Of Doom
    • Last Crusade

They are all great action/adventure movies. I think the first one is my fave....but its been a while since i seen em....so need to refresh my memory. Luckily...BBC1 is showing the trilogy over the next few weeks starting on Sunday night.

Last Crusade was probably the "best" film by far out of the 3.  It has the best plot, the best action scenes etc....but I voted Temple of Doom as it's the one I enjoy watching most despite it being perceived as the worst of the 3 by a lot of people.

Funnily enough, I watched a documentary about the "real" Indiana Jones the other day .... no doubt a bit of hype on the history channel prior to the release of the next film. They went into details about the plot and the dual personality of Jones (scholar / adventurer) and supposed that the character Indiana Jones was based on two real-life people

- Roy Chapman Andrews - a famous explorer/adventurer from the early 1900s who is also said to have inspired characters in both the Tomb raider franchise and also in early matinee movies (that in turn inspired Lucas and Spielberg) ...

- Otto Rahn - an Austrian scholar whose search for the Ark of the Covenant and Holy Grail in the 30s came to the attention of the Nazis who drafted him into the SS because Himmler was an avid fan of the occult. He opposed the nazis and was given a nasty job at the Dachau concentration camp before "resigning" from the SS and basically being told to kill himself. He was found, frozen to death on an Austrian hillside not long after !!!

Raiders  was by far the best story, Temple of Doom was the best action and Last crusade had Sean Connery in it  which totally ruined it with his as usual wooden performance

Connery is brilliant in the Last Crusade, and he did win a best supporting actor award for The Untouchables.