FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

football tops

MissICT

Guest TinCanFan

I think the person who put it up on Wikipedia meant the white one ICT used in the friendlies before the start of last season and it was also used in the CIS Cup.  The person who put it up is probably wrong.

I think the person who put it up on Wikipedia meant the white one ICT used in the friendlies before the start of last season and it was also used in the CIS Cup.  The person who put it up is probably wrong.

Not exactly true. I remember we played Aberdeen at Pittodrie in that white kit, despite the black one having been out for a number of months.

Edited to say: just had a look at through the gallery, it was the CIS cup mauling by Aberdeen in October

At the start of every season clubs must register their colours with SFA before they can compete in cup games. Some clubs register a third choice to make things easier if, for example, a game is to be played at a neutral ground where if the first choice colours of both teams clash then both must change to a second choice. Having a third choice makes it easier to come to the correct agreement.

A team may also use their third choice in an away league game if their second choice could clash with the first choice of the home team and they dont want to wear their home colours. Some teams are superstitious about using home colours for an away match and vice versa.

As an aside to all that, I visited the Riverside stadium in Middlesborough last year. During a tour of the stadium we were informed that a number of teams, including Middlesborough, paint the away dressing room a drab green colour as they believe this to have a negative psychological effect on the visiting players. Apparantly green subdues them and they dont get of to a flying start.

At the start of every season clubs must register their colours with SFA before they can compete in cup games. Some clubs register a third choice to make things easier if, for example, a game is to be played at a neutral ground where if the first choice colours of both teams clash then both must change to a second choice. Having a third choice makes it easier to come to the correct agreement.

A team may also use their third choice in an away league game if their second choice could clash with the first choice of the home team and they dont want to wear their home colours. Some teams are superstitious about using home colours for an away match and vice versa.

As an aside to all that, I visited the Riverside stadium in Middlesborough last year. During a tour of the stadium we were informed that a number of teams, including Middlesborough, paint the away dressing room a drab green colour as they believe this to have a negative psychological effect on the visiting players. Apparantly green subdues them and they dont get of to a flying start.

I know this is way of topic but I didn't know you could get a tour of Riverside.

Hm... :024: :024:!

gave me another activity to do whilst I'm in yorkshire with my family!

but I didn't know you could get a tour of Riverside.

Hm... :024: :024:!

gave me another activity to do whilst I'm in yorkshire with my family!

when did middlesboro move to yorkshire??

It didn't move............Middlesborough the main town of the borough of Teeside sits within the county of North Yorkshire and forms part of the North Riding of Yorkshire.