FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

One Big Weekend: Dundee

RiG

I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Sunday, would have preffered Saturday. However Im not sure if I am going to go.

300,000 people applied for tickets

14,000 pairs of tickets were sent out

so 286,000 people were unlucky

85% of the tickets sent out went to people in Scotland and 50% of them went to citizens of Dundee

Thinking about giving them to my brother seeing as it is his birthday next week, that's if he wants them ofcourse.

Edited to add - Or I will swap them for two Saturday tickets or a ticket for the Peterhead v Partick game on Sunday. :003:

Apparently the Beeb are putting up big screens in Falcon Square!

Big Screens - Scotland

We are putting up two massive digital screens in Glasgow (George Square) and Inverness (Falcon Square) so you can see the festival.

They are outdoors, free and open to the public.

They are running from:

Friday 12 May: 12.00 - 20.00

Saturday 13 May: 12.00 - 21.30

Sunday 14 May: 12.00 - 21.30

On Friday and on Saturday afternoon we'll be showing highlights and videos. On Saturday evening and Sunday you'll be able to see the best of the music from Dundee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend06/r...vinternet.shtml

:021:

Guest kingkojak

I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Sunday, would have preffered Saturday. However Im not sure if I am going to go.

300,000 people applied for tickets

14,000 pairs of tickets were sent out

so 286,000 people were unlucky

85% of the tickets sent out went to people in Scotland and 50% of them went to citizens of Dundee

that is what was supposed to have happened.

however, the word on the pavey down here is that of the 10,000+ tickets due for dundee only 300 were delivered by tues with an additonal 1000 on wed.

seems that it wasnt just dundee posties nicking them - it happened in all sorting offices en route.

however, you cant blame the posties as it was radio 1's incompetent handling of the ticket award system which allowed the posties to bag them in the first place.

there were plenty tickets available in dundee - i was offered about 3 sets during the week - £50 a pop!

radio rip off weekend :020: