FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

This won't be a popular suggestion...

RossP

I was discussing players' comings and goings with a mate who's a Dons fan the other night; and he brought up the issue of Darren Mackie not getting a game for Aberdeen this season just finished.

Now.... I hate him with a passion. Despise how he dives and cheats his way through games against Caley; but he has always played well against us. He is strong in the air, lighting quick and has shown he plays well as an out and out striker.

Would you take Darren Mackie back given the opportunity? Would he have a disruptive influence on the team? - I seem to remember him "squaring up" to several of our players over the years.

What do you think. Feel free to call my suggestion ridiculous and farsical :016:

Yes I would take him. I think he is great off the ball, has a good bit of pace about him and think he still has that ability to finish well. I boo him as well because he also seems to like going in late on our players but I must be honest and say that I wouldn't mind him in an ICT shirt if that was a possibility.

Guest iainsmiffy

I'm not sure if i would take him... He's a good striker, and can finish pretty well. but he has a big temper and is not afraid to go in hard, especially against caley. If he did go then i would miss the excitement of a Aberdeen-rangers game with no hard tackles on Andrews etc.[align=center][/align]

Wow!!

Thats spooky. I was thinking about Mackie yesterday when folk were talking about us being interested in Noel Hunt.

Don't think we saw the best of him when he was on loan a few years back.

He could certainly bag a few goals and he has decent pace. Bit injury prone though

I think with the training schedules we have, it could only strengthen his endurance and reduce his injury problems.

We really didn't see the best of him when he was on loan. I think he could play a big role for us as a striker, especially if (god forbid) Dargo moves on. He has age on his side as well.

I would take him. However, if he stays at the Dons i will still adopt my utter hatred of him when we're playing at Pittodrie

In terms of his attitude you have to ask "Why" - more often than not itis because players aren't happy where they are or the treatment they get. If he could fit into the ICT Ethos and start enjoying his playing more and lose the attitude he could be a very good player for us.

I cite Hastings as an example. Chalk and Cheese when you compare the Hastings who left us to the one who came back.

I'm not sure if i would take him... He's a good striker, and can finish pretty well. but he has a big temper and is not afraid to go in hard, especially against caley. If he did go then i would miss the excitement of a Aberdeen-rangers game with no hard tackles on Andrews etc.[align=center][/align]

But surely he would be able to put in hard tackles on Andrews when he is playing for us if he did sign?

• 2 weeks later...

Like a few other players who have endured the ICT curse he may now wish he had not left ICT.

In his eyes he may now think that indeed the grass is greener over the fence and if he got a regular place at ICT and scored a few goals and wsa appreciated do you think that would be worth a try--or a try-out.? :014: