FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Respect

Grabe

I was aware of these incidents but this goes on all the time in other clubs .

However, up until now it has always been a rarity at our club. In fact, I can't recall ever having seen our players talking back to or swearing at the management, and the fact that they now seem to have started doing this makes me suspect that things are definitely going very wrong in the dressing room.

If they are good enough they can play anywhere on the park.

Straight from the Craig Brewster book of football mismanagement. I remeber a very similar quote from CB after he played Roy on the right against Rangers last season. Johan Cruyff was good enough to play anywhere - so was Beckenbauer, but Dougie Imrie isn't. Brew has to stop feckin about and play people in their best postions. It's the players who are played out of postion regularly who get pissed off with instructions from the bench during games. Cowie, Imrie, and Blackie - all shackled by tactically inept management are often seen either shouting at the bench or ignoring instructions.

However, up until now it has always been a rarity at our club. In fact, I can't recall ever having seen our players talking back to or swearing at the management, and the fact that they now seem to have started doing this makes me suspect that things are definitely going very wrong in the dressing room.

Maybe so but lets not make things worse by lip reading and assuming what was said

Maybe so but lets not make things worse by lip reading and assuming what was said

Okay - fair enough, but do the words really matter. I think the point of this topic is that the players don't seem to be showing the respect that they maybe should towards their manager. It may happen at other clubs, but not often at ours. I'm sure the tension felt by the manager is also felt by the players and as they are naturally competitive people I'm sure tempers can flare up from time to time. I was just very surprised by the response from this particular player and I wasn't the only one who saw it or read his lips. The bench were well within earshot so they will have no doubt what was said.

To be honest, I don't see how this discussion could make things worse. Brewster presumably already knows what was said to him, and by some of the comments here it also seems to have been pretty obvious to anyone else in the vicinity as well. Any damage will have been done by now. What I will be interested to see is what, if anything, will happen next between Brewster and the players.

Dont know if many fans in the Main stand heard the verbal abuse the manager received from the players on 4 seperate occasions in the first half last night.

From black, vigers, hastings and more surprisingly cowie. This was after the manager had criticised a mistake they had made and in response he recieved verbals from them. This surely must show the lack of respect they have for the manager.

I have never heard this b4. Has anyone else noticed this?

I was sitting very close to Brewnoclue and I certainly was very aware of the unrest. I didn't hear the words from one player, but I'm quite good at lip reading. ;) :rotflmao: First word definitely began with F and I think probably contained about 4 letters and was followed by something that looked very like OFF. :018: However, this was then followed with a longer word beginning with a W, not sure that was a sign of respect to the manager. I was very surprised to see these particular players talking back.

Quote of the night from someone in the Main Stand, just as Malky was talking to Barry just before he went on to the park. 'And you're trying to tell him how to play football' :thumb04: Bit like trying to teach your Granny to suck eggs I suppose.

I was aware of these incidents but this goes on all the time in other clubs .Do you not think Brew has had enough negative comments on the site without spelling out to him what is only an assumption by lip reading. This does not mean I condone any form of disrespect towards the manager but lets not start putting words in players mouths .

izzy...you think alex ferguson or walter smith would accept his players telling him where 2 go??? Brew needs to stamp it out PDQ

One of the Falkirk players told yogi to f-off..so your telling me he has no respect

Players of all teams react in that way when they are playing from the man utds to the local teams down the bught

It means f**k all..i am saying that to you all but it does not mean that i dont respect your view