Billy Mckay Hatrick at Ross County

Blair

7 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Nothing against him personally, but I hope he does achieve this remarkable record simply because I want County to be relegated.

Has he not actually achieved the hatrick already?  He left us in January 15 for Wigan who got relegated to division 1 that year.  He moved to Dundee Utd on loan the following season and stayed there all year seeing them take the drop.  Wigan then loaned him to Oldham for the 2016/17 season, but he failed to score at all for them and then came back to us in January for the rest of the season.  He's now heading for his 4th consecutive relegation!

• Agree 1

Billy did great work when here, which we all appreciate.

I really hope we get a Caley Thistle - Ross County play off final.

Pressure, yes, but what a boost in profile it would be for the Highlands.

9 hours ago, Robert said:

Billy did great work when here, which we all appreciate.

I really hope we get a Caley Thistle - Ross County play off final.

Pressure, yes, but what a boost in profile it would be for the Highlands.

I don't think that such a one off fixture would much boost the profile of the Highlands. Having both teams in the Premiership did that.

It would, however, represent an opportunity for ICT to become the only team to twice regain their top league place at the first time of asking which, should it happen, would be a fantastic achievement for the club.

Unfortunately while Billy got a good number of goals first time around and developed into what looked a promising player, his career has steadily migrated backwards. While he has had some injuries, its also a case that it worked for him due to our style of play and the creativity that players like Watkins, Christie, Ross, Shinniesta etc could provide him - unfortunately other clubs haven't had this level of quality around him and on paper his career is on a downward path. If RC are relegated (or not) with his poor record of goals again this year his next move will probably be Championship - unless his form and more importantly number of goals turn. Seems a decent guy but been unlucky places he's went. 

• Agree 1

I came up on a flight from Manchester not long ago and was sat next to Billy he came across as a nice guy and said he has been struggling for fitness, I gathered he had good regard for ICT but circumstances change in this game. I said to him he would get goals under Robbo and he gave me a nod.Good lad who wishes our club well

• Agree 5

On 13/01/2018 at 10:59 PM, DoofersDad said:

Has he not actually achieved the hatrick already?  He left us in January 15 for Wigan who got relegated to division 1 that year.  He moved to Dundee Utd on loan the following season and stayed there all year seeing them take the drop.  Wigan then loaned him to Oldham for the 2016/17 season, but he failed to score at all for them and then came back to us in January for the rest of the season.  He's now heading for his 4th consecutive relegation!

Closely joined by Greg Tansey, going for the relegation double...