FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We want a cup run

Alex MacLeod

We need a cup run. Since coming into the SPL we've not really done so well as we have in the lower leagues. Lets get behind the team this run and go for glory.

I'd be happier to see a virtual reserve team line up against PT - our key players (who-ever they are) should be rested for the one game that really matters - Hamilton Accs...

Disagree John. Put the strongest team out. Further we can go the more money comes back. Bet you Alex Ferguson wishes he'd started his strongest team tonignt.

Absolutely. As well as the potential financial benefits, getting past this game should also boost morale and confidence - that's a far bigger issue than fitness at the moment, IMO. I don't think we should worry too much about "fighting on two fronts" if we go further in the cup and are involved in a relegation battle. Maybe we'll even find out what our best team is...

Hopefully Rooney will get a start on Saturday though.

Disagree John. Put the strongest team out. Further we can go the more money comes back. Bet you Alex Ferguson wishes he'd started his strongest team tonignt.

Absolutely. As well as the potential financial benefits, getting past this game should also boost morale and confidence - that's a far bigger issue than fitness at the moment, IMO. I don't think we should worry too much about "fighting on two fronts" if we go further in the cup and are involved in a relegation battle. Maybe we'll even find out what our best team is...

rooney may start if his number comes up in brewsters weekly game of striker lotto.

i have serious misgivings about winning this one. it will mean having to string two results together if we're gonna win the 6 pointer v hamilton and the chances of that are slim to no chance

I dont agree with the rest the players for the cup game idea when it is the national cup and gets a saturday slot. Fair enough in midweek give some players a rest who need it but if you rest players they have 2 weeks without a game and may lose match sharpness.

A win may bring some much needed positivity and confidence for the players. PT will be well up for it so any contemplacency (which would be shocking given our current position) will end in yet another defeat.

rooney may start if his number comes up in brewsters weekly game of striker lotto.

i have serious misgivings about winning this one. it will mean having to string two results together if we're gonna win the 6 pointer v hamilton and the chances of that are slim to no chance

And we all love an optimist

I'd be more than happy for PT to hammer us 5-0, and see us beat Hamilton 1-0

Brewstew sacked between these two fixtures would be an added bonus.... :rotflmao:

Sorry John but money builds teams.......WIN THEM BOTH I SAY

WIN THEM BOTH I SAY

Good shout, going this weekend for my first home game this season, and Hamilton Away will be my 2nd away game..

Got to get behind the team for these 2, they WILL or break our season IMO.

Anyone else fancy bringing some much needed atmosphere to TCS this Saturday? :rotflmao:

Would it be fair to say that tomorrow?s cup game against Partick is a lose-lose situation for Brewster?

In theory we should win this game but the manger is unlikely to get many plaudits because it?s lower league opposition.

However, should we draw or dare I say it lose it?ll will just add more fuel to the flames calling for CB?s head.

Whilst I have my rational head on today I?ll happily admit to much rather having 3 points against Hamilton next weekend over cup progression tomorrow.

Should be an ?interesting? game. 1 home win all season V 2 away wins!

we did OK in the CIS cup before the dreadful referee.

Just believe in the boys!

We all believe in the team it's that clueless chappie we dont believe in anymore

Edited by themann4thejob
replacing personal abuse with more apt word and correcting spellnig error

Guest BillyOceansXI

The players may well see this as a chance to save their season with a good cup run. Partick is never going to be an easy game even if we were playing at our best. They'll be up for it and Brewster should play his best XI. I'd also like to see one of the new players getting a chance later on in the game to see what they can do.

2-1 ICT!