FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Children in for free

Doofer

There maybe another thread like this so apologise if there is.

I think this is a great idea and one that could potentially increase crowds at home games by 1000 people or so, perhaps more. As we all know in this present time, families finances are not at there best so making it cheeper to attend games with increase crowds and hopefully produce a better atmosphere. For the second half of the season i think that ICT should adopt this idea and see how it goes.

Thoughts?

The club, to their credit, introduced an under eight's free season ticket this year. Perhaps this could be extended to advance tickets? Should not be too hard to police if the club insist on ID at the time of purchase or at the time of picking up the tickets, this would probably rule out tickets being mailed to the recipient though. A family could make a reasonable saving and it might entice some more people to matches.

the crowds aren't going to increase dramatically unless the ticket prices for adults are cut down to size.

Maybe not dramatically but a start and there could be no complaints from people who have already paid their season tickets. Next season is when any price adjustment should be addressed.

free tickets to ICT games? sounds like child cruelty

:rotflmao: :018: :thumb04:

Maybe that's the answer to the child discipline discussion in the serious forum. "Behave or I will make you watch ICT, then you have to explain Brewster's tactical decisions in an understandable fashion."

The club, to their credit, introduced an under eight's free season ticket this year. Perhaps this could be extended to advance tickets? Should not be too hard to police if the club insist on ID at the time of purchase or at the time of picking up the tickets, this would probably rule out tickets being mailed to the recipient though. A family could make a reasonable saving and it might entice some more people to matches.

This scheme really is old hat. For those who can remember, ICT were the first to operate exactly the same scheme as far back as 1996 but when Sutherland took over, it was scrapped as being a waste of time. However, it now seems that it is some BRILLIANT new idea born in the south. The scheme worked at ICT but we were dealing with much smaller attendances. Nice to see that the kids will benefit once again. :rotflmao:

A whole new meaning to the naughty chair. Kids in for free, from what age? Accompanied? ratio? I wouldthink the stewards would not be too happy, but personally, absolutely.

For the remainder of the season and to avoid disputes regarding people who have already paid for their child's season ticket under 8s accompanied by an adult to a set maximum of x amount of free tickets per adult ticket would be a good start. Feck the stewards they are paid to do a job.

This scheme really is old hat. For those who can remember, ICT were the first to operate exactly the same scheme as far back as 1996 but when Sutherland took over, it was scrapped as being a waste of time. However, it now seems that it is some BRILLIANT new idea born in the south. The scheme worked at ICT but we were dealing with much smaller attendances. Nice to see that the kids will benefit once again. :rotflmao:

I can remember taking my kids in the first division where under 12s were allowed in free to the Bridge end prior to that I never had much interest in what price the kids tickets were as mine were not old enough/ interested enough to attend. I believe that letting kids in free is the way forward, there are all sorts of limitations that the club could put on numbers and adult to child ratios in order to maintain the gate receipts. A scheme like this should in theory increase receipts by making a day at the football more affordable for young families and hopefully bringing more paying adult chaperones to the stadium. Besides it has to be one of the best ways to build a future fanbase.