FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Shoe Protest

Wilsononourwing

although it was amusing on a wet and windy day it certainly it isnt original as one poster claims!!!

Newcastle fans did it at the beginning of the season in reference to Ashley and numerous teams have done it since.

...yes it was original - original for the ICT support... and maybe Scottish football.

Just because it was the first time we have used the chant i hardly think that makes it original. Also of the top of my head aberdeen have used the chant this season on a few occasions even at TCS so its still not even original for the SPL.

Just like most of our songs/chants we've adapted them from poppular football songs and there is no problem with that as everybody does it but to say its original is just stupid!

Anyway i think we have more troubles than wondering if our chants are original or not at the moment.

....I've not seen any opposing fans at TCS remove their shoes and wave them in the air.... please feel free to correct me if im wrong

Sail them home with Acquiesce

On a ship of hope today

And as they land upon the shore

Tell them not to fear no more

Say it loud and sing it proud

And they...

(will all take their shoes off and wave them in the air)

Well aberdeen certainly sang it in inverness less than a month ago.

"Shoes off if u love the dons" or something similar. Believe me or not - I cant say it overly bothers me.

Also it dddoes not overly bother me but I reitirate that although Aberdire fans sang the song at TCS I did not see them remove their shoes and wave them in the air. Then again my season tickets are in the Nnnorth Stand and my view may not be as good as yours.

I'm only asking if they waved their shoes in the air.

Yes they did, you should maybe go to specsavers to get them retinas checked as the advert suggests!

If your stuttering letters are in reference to me not fixing the extra p in popular then i do apologise and i'll have to admit u r the wittiest person i have ever met coz i've never seen that done on another forum. Then again originality clearly isnt your strong point.

Apologies if it aint aimed at me!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although it was amusing on a wet and windy day it certainly it isnt original as one poster claims!!!

Newcastle fans did it at the beginning of the season in reference to Ashley and numerous teams have done it since.

...yes it was original - original for the ICT support... and maybe Scottish football.

Just because it was the first time we have used the chant i hardly think that makes it original. Also of the top of my head aberdeen have used the chant this season on a few occasions even at TCS so its still not even original for the SPL.

Just like most of our songs/chants we've adapted them from poppular football songs and there is no problem with that as everybody does it but to say its original is just stupid!

Anyway i think we have more troubles than wondering if our chants are original or not at the moment.

....I've not seen any opposing fans at TCS remove their shoes and wave them in the air.... please feel free to correct me if im wrong

On a ship of hope today

And they...

"Shoes off if u love the dons" or something similar. Believe me or not - I cant say it overly bothers me.

Also it dddoes not overly bother me but I reitirate that although Aberdire fans sang the song at TCS I did not see them remove their shoes and wave them in the air. Then again my season tickets are in the Nnnorth Stand and my view may not be as good as yours.

Yes they did, you should maybe go to specsavers to get them retinas checked as the advert suggests!

If your stuttering letters are in reference to me not fixing the extra p in popular then i do apologise and i'll have to admit u r the wittiest person i have ever met coz i've never seen that done on another forum. Then again originality clearly isnt your strong point.

Sorry but it was not aimed at you.

But sincerely, thanks for putting me right, I honestly did not see them wave their shoes in the air despite been at the game. So what was original to me is evidently not original at all ... but hey I found it rather amusing nevertheless.

In future I will certainly address my originality issues!

On a ship of hope today

And they...

But sincerely, thanks for putting me right, I honestly did not see them wave their shoes in the air despite been at the game. So what was original to me is evidently not original at all ... but hey I found it rather amusing nevertheless.

Sorry mate i thought it was a wee remark aimed at me. I do apologise i've not been on the board long so dont know the ongoing jokes. Only joined last week to see what other fans were saying about the state we are in at the moment. I dont have much to go on down here in glasgow.

Still it was a strange topic for my first post considering the mess we are in. Dont get me wrong while i feel it will do nothing to persuade the board to relieve the man of his duties it was highly amusing! If not completely original! :rotflmao:

Edited by rollwithit

On a ship of hope today

And they...

Sorry mate i thought it was a wee remark aimed at me. I do apologise i've not been on the board long so dont know the ongoing jokes. Only joined last week to see what other fans were saying about the state we are in at the moment. I dont have much to go on down here in glasgow.

Still it was a strange topic for my first post considering the mess we are in. Dont get me wrong while i feel it will do nothing to persuade the board to relieve the man of his duties it was highly amusing! If not completely original! :rotflmao:

No bother ... I agree there's more pressing issues at the moment than the originality of waving shoes in the air! But thanks for clearing the air (from the odour of smelly socks)!

On a ship of hope today

And they...

No bother ... I agree there's more pressing issues at the moment than the originality of waving shoes in the air! But thanks for clearing the air (from the odour of smelly socks)!

Sound, and if there is a suitable replacement out there for brew i'll start throwing my shoes up as well! Whatever it takes to keep us up!!!

After the protest was made, some might argue that the team support from the crowd which had been excellent until then, should have continued and that little bit extra might have tipped the balance for a point. Historically ICT crowds have been magificent when the team was suffering adversity or seeking to beat the odds. It is possible that yesterday's late negativity may have lost us a point. The protest was not meant to be funny but a further valid criticism of the Team Manager. Supporters should not dwell on that too much because it detracts from the concentration everyone needs to get results.

After the protest was made, some might argue that the team support from the crowd which had been excellent until then, should have continued and that little bit extra might have tipped the balance for a point. Historically ICT crowds have been magificent when the team was suffering adversity or seeking to beat the odds. It is possible that yesterday's late negativity may have lost us a point. The protest was not meant to be funny but a further valid criticism of the Team Manager. Supporters should not dwell on that too much because it detracts from the concentration everyone needs to get results.

its was actually fairly funny,intresting to see if tv cameras picked it up

Guest Murdock

the teams heading for the 1st division and all your worried about is wether aberdeen fans waved there shoes in the air and if the chant is unique . God help us :rotflmao:

This thread has been one of the few things connected to ICT that has made me smile lately. We all know we are in trouble, the majority want Brewster out, but why not have a laugh and a stupid little arguement to take our minds off it?

Suposedly there is a picture of Caley fans on the front of the sun sport singing Shoes off if you want Brewster out, anyone got a copy to scan on here?

Cant say I remember the fans singing this or if I was doing it myself or not, nothing to do with the 4 half bottles we went through during the trip ofcourse! :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: Note that man is not holding his shoes up though RiG..

Furious Caley fans chanted : Shoes off, if you hate Brewster at NDP and waved their shoes in the air to signal they want their underfire boss out.

They also sang 'We want Brewster out', and Brewster, Brewster Get To F**k'

Best paragraph i've ever read :018: :thumb04:

I see a couple of folk I recognise. One of them fell down the stand at Tynecastle onto his head :018:

Never heard that mentioned before :thumb04:

Hey ! Double knots are hard to untie when your three sheets to the wind. ;)

I see a couple of folk I recognise. One of them fell down the stand at Tynecastle onto his head ;)

Never heard that mentioned before :018:

Hey ! Double knots are hard to untie when your three sheets to the wind. :lol:

:thumb04:

Guest Murdock

So now we know that emails to the board don't work, polls on here don't work, and Supporters Trust messages don't work. But take off your shoes and wave them about and you get what you want!

Next week we should shout "Shoes off if you want Kaka"

So now we know that emails to the board don't work, polls on here don't work, and Supporters Trust messages don't work. But take off your shoes and wave them about and you get what you want!

:rotflmao:

:018: :thumb04: :rotflmao: You really are "howling mad" bro.

Also, the wee lad in the ICT top, bottom left, is our Caretake Managers son.. :thumb04: :rotflmao:

When you know that the Director of Football/Caretaker Manager's teenage son is against you, your time is up.

Edited by Renegade