FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hype / Hysteria

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

From a psychological perspective - we have the feelgood factor at the moment but most of the posters on here need a spoonful of the Reality suspension.

Butcher has undoubtedly lifted the spirits - on and off the field - he is a born leader (on the field) but not a proven manager - the man is a PR delight - he has evidently worked wonders with the togetherness and the spirit and he has brought the club and its supporters more in line with each other as we have been fer months / years.

BUT he has inherited somebody else's team - somebody else's signings - "panic" signings of his own (to a degree) - and he appears to have simply gone back to the basics in the terms of selection, formation and tactics (had to be done). Good PR and motivation helps but does not turn half a team into world beaters.

This is going to be one hell of a struggle and it could go to the wire - Personally I expect ZERO from the Arabdrome - It will be blood and guts that get us anything. If we get beat or stuffed it is a learning exercise - in some ways that may not be a bad thing - If we hold them it is a BONUS - If we win a bit of a minor miracle but a BRUCIE BONUS.

My only minor criticism so far is his resolve to stick to the winning X1 - I suspect and I hope that it is merely a spur to the players (better than some of the current incumbents) to impress in training, get themselves fully fit and take over - I hope that he realises that and changes things sooner rather than later.

Reading Butcher I feel that the aforementioned is the psychology - So dont expect the man to perform miracles from the off - Our Cup Finals are off and running but the last TEN games are where they are really going to count - it will take him taht long to get his OWN team on the park. And if we are going to climb towards the peak then it may be another visit to Hampden and who knows - Personally i would rather beat Falkirk in the league than in the cup.

Oh - And dont forget - Who put us in this predicament - and the answer is not wholly Craig Brewster !! :rotflmao:

Very nice of you to attempt to bring us back down to earth IHE but in reality I think people on here are just enjoying the fact that we are seeing proper football again and our posting style is echoing this fact. I believe that most people will know exactly how hard a job TB has ahead of him but the renewed vigour being showed on the park is rubbing off on the fans and we are entitled to have some fun after 1 and a half seasons of hell. So you can keep your psychological analysis I am going to enjoy this, it is like a cloud has been lifted.

Heck, as much as I agree with you IHE, we need our heads in the clouds for a little while after the dross we have been subjected to. Anything from the Arabs will be a bonus as will any points from the top 6 or 7 teams. The appetite for a scrap will be shown by results against the other 4 teams towards the bottom of the table.

Butcher is a motivator and we have already seen what the lads can produce when motivated ..... I think his signings have been decent (given the amount of time he had to make them) and along with possibly the best signing made by Brewster (Mihadjuks), and a motivated bunch of long serving players, I think we have the squad to pull this off. Its going to be a wild ride, but we will survive.

Oh - And dont forget - Who put us in this predicament - and the answer is not wholly Craig Brewster !! :rotflmao:

What, its not wholly CB? Why haven't you mentioned this before!!! :018:

Ach - it is the only way to get numpties like havingadump, Donkeystand and Winess leg end to join in a thread. :thumb04: Have to make a confession though - Pavels goal on Saturday was the first time in months that I really reacted - in the normal manner - to an ICT goal. I admit I have been quite subdued of late but twice on Saturday the whole street knew we had scored and the feelgood factor set in - Gawd ICT and the Toffees win on the same day and 5-0 at that.

But I am a compassionate professional and I really hope that peeple dont react negatively - verbally or emotionally - if we come down to earth with a bump - but at the moment I do think that Butcher is at the psychology - and he continues to impress me and I believe he will save our season - and maybe yet another Hampden trip to boot - and ma tea leaves suggest it could be Aberdire !! But SURVIVAL will do me.

i think we have to make the most of the " new manager effect " while it lasts, the club has been on a downer for a good while now, make of it what you will IHE ,Hype or Hysteria, it doesnt matter, what does matter is that for the first time in a long time the fans of our club have a bit of a feelgood factor. See you in the Counting House before the cup final ? :rotflmao:

All I know is that since Brewster went, we've looked something like.

We were unlucky to get nothing at Tynecastle, and in Butcher's first 2 games we have looked solid if unspectacular.

I'm sure Saturday will be a tough game, but for a change I approach the game with optimism.

Its going to be a wild ride, but we will survive

I hope you are right.

me too!!! :rotflmao:

A threesome it is then. :thumb04:

What a swinging bunch you lot are, eh?