FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Boards Role In All This?

SMEE

Maybe he's an erse who's disrupting the team spirit??? Who fecking knows but one thing I've learned from playing in a few different footie teams is the manager is ALWAYS right.... even when you disagree with tactics, decisions etc. you do exactly as he says because he is your manager!! What does a goalkeeper have to argue about anyway? He dives inside the sticks, kicks the ball out and tries to keep the defence right, other than that he should keep his mouth shut and get on with it because that is what he's paid to do.

Spot on :023: :) :023: :) :025:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Esson was dropped for the good of the team... unless you have insider knowledge????

I know what went on Harry .

Why would Esson be dropped for the good of the team when he hasn't made any mistakes ?

Maybe he's an erse who's disrupting the team spirit??? Who fecking knows but one thing I've learned from playing in a few different footie teams is the manager is ALWAYS right.... even when you disagree with tactics, decisions etc. you do exactly as he says because he is your manager!! What does a goalkeeper have to argue about anyway? He dives inside the sticks, kicks the ball out and tries to keep the defence right, other than that he should keep his mouth shut and get on with it because that is what he's paid to do.

yeah so if the manager is always right, then that surely means if things go wrong like us possibly going down its the managers fault. appraisal and fault come hand in hand. people should realise that. everyone is comparing butcher to brew, well obvously he looks good then. but like brews, butcher's record isn't that great as a manager, infact they are very similar. esson shouldn't have been dropped.

Edited by CaleyP

In my opinion no blame would attach to the present manager and his assistant should we be relegated next week. Our form since their arrival would have seen us finish sixth if it had been replicated all season.

Some blame but not much, in my view, attaches to the players, they are largely the same group of players as now but were clearly not all 100% committed to the cause in the latter days of the Brewster regime. Most are mature seasoned professionals and should take some personal responsibility no matter their erstewhile manager's shortcomings.

I may not be in the majority but I don't much blame Brewster either he was a hopeless manager, coach and tactician but that's not his fault all he could do was his best. I've no reason to believe he didn't try as hard as he could and that's all that we can ask of anybody.

Like a number of others, I blame David Sutherland and the board. Mr Sutherland in the past has made a number of prudent and selfless decisions which have been to the benefit of the club and there is a strong argument that the club would not exist, at least as a full time football club, without his prudence and largess in the past.

However, in the matter of Craig Brewster those charged with the management of the club have been untypically negligent both in his initial reappointment and also in retaining his services for far too long when certainly by November it was clear to all others concerned that he was not up to the task and that if he remained in post we were doomed to relegation.

Actually I think Butcher & Malpas will deserve some of the blame if we do get relegated.

Given the situation when they came on board they achieved a minor miracle in getting us off the bottom. However, consistently poor team selections have taken us form the verge of safety back to the brink of relegation. We can't pin that on clueless Craig

complately agree, at the end of the day it's football...it's simple one team has to score more goals than the other and its the managers duty to play his best 11 in the appropriate positions, if he does not do this then the manager has to take at least 50% of the blame and then same to the players. If people want to kid themselves and blame it on the board then go on but your just delusional. People need to wake up and realise this, butcher and brew both have done pretty poor jobs when you look at the actual facts which are the lack of points on the board from both managers. people just look stupid if they want to argue with facts. you could say butcher did well when he came first came in but now he has almost chucked it all away. he has to take a huge chunk of the blame as at end of the day it was his job to keep us up...NOONE elses.

23 points from 16 games since Butcher took over, including a win and a draw against either side of the old firm. I'm struggling to see what you're getting at... with that sort of points tally we would be in the top 6 if he was incharge from the start of the season.

There has been a couple of dissapointing results but what are you expecting... perfection?

It's my fault for not being at as many games as I should have at the start of the season and for backing Brew til the end :023:

i

I agree. How some people can slag off TB is unbelievible. Just cos a result doesnt go our way, look at what he has done since he arrived! IF WE STAY U IT WILL BE A DIFFERENT STORY EH.

no it won't be as i have never thought butcher was a capable manager. look through all my post since butcher has come in, i have never jumped on the ban wagan, i don't rate him. he has been fired from too many jobs to be as good as people may think on here.

Brew wouldnt have got 4 points from the OF

what, you mean not like the 3-2 win over celtic last year. brew has had these up and downs too you know. there is no difference between the two managers when it comes to their careers as a manager. i think they are both pretty bad.

Edited by CaleyP

Maybe Esson was dropped for the good of the team... unless you have insider knowledge????

Why would Esson be dropped for the good of the team when he hasn't made any mistakes ?

care to share? :rolleyes:

yeah so if the manager is always right, then that surely means if things go wrong like us possibly going down its the managers fault. appraisal and fault come hand in hand. people should realise that. everyone is comparing butcher to brew, well obvously he looks good then. but like brews, butcher's record isn't that great as a manager, infact they are very similar. esson shouldn't have been dropped.

23 points from 16 games...

again, what exactly were you expecting?? I'll agree with you that Brew is culpable but how can you blame Butcher??

you obviously don't rate the guy, which is fair enough, but I think you are clutching at straws if you actually believe it's his fault if we get relegated

Edited by Harry Chibber

23 points from 16 games...

again, what exactly were you expecting?? I'll agree with you that Brew is culpable but how can you blame Butcher??

you obviously don't rate the guy, which is fair enough but I think you are clutching at straws

i wasn't expecting much but i just think its the people who say how great he is that are clutching at straws. he has done well in some games but done awful in games he should have the team winning in. its no good getting points against the OF if he cant the get the team to beat poorer teams, that isn't signs of a good manager. surely you can see sence in that?

Edited by CaleyP

i wasn't expecting much but i just think its the people who say how great he is that are clutching at straws. he has done well in some games but done awful in games he should have the team winning in. its no good getting points against the OF if he cant the get the team to beat poorer teams, that isn't signs of a good manager. surely you can see sence in that?

I really don't know what you're getting at... it doesn't matter where you get the points as long as they keep totalling up, no one is going to have a perfect record.

He has done brilliantly to get us in a position to save our SPL status when we looked dead an buried after christmas. He has made a few mistakes along the way but that's understandable when he has picked up a team he probably knew very little about

next season will be the time to judge Butcher as a manager but how you can blame him for where we are is beyond me :rolleyes:

I really don't know what you're getting at... it doesn't matter where you get the points as long as they keep totalling up, no one is going to have a perfect record.

He has done brilliantly to get us in a position to save our SPL status when we looked dead an buried after christmas. He has made a few mistakes along the way but that's understandable when he has picked up a team he probably knew very little about

next season will be the time to judge Butcher as a manager but how you can blame him for where we are is beyond me :rolleyes:

im saying butcher as the manager deserves 50% of the blame. he will get praise if he keeps us up so why no blame if we go down. it's the same for any person in any job. people who want to put the blame elsewhere are just not willing to face the facts that we have a poor team and poor management.

Anyone trying to aportion blame toward Butch and Malpas for the situation we find ourselves in, are either on the wind up or clearly nuttier than sqirrel stools!

Anyone trying to aportion blame toward Butch and Malpas for the situation we find ourselves in, are either on the wind up or clearly nuttier than sqirrel stools!

well we'll see how good the inculpable butcher is next season then.

If really feel it is Butchers fault then please get some help. Provide a compelling argument against this and I may accept what you are saying and i will also recommend you become prime minister if you convince me to change my mind:

Butcher comes in we are 5 pts adrift with seemingly no hope on an endless run of losing games. 1 game to go it is in our hands we are 2 pts clear after his "poor management". He only signed 3 players so the team is full of Brew's epic failure's e.g Barrowman or Gathuessi. He gained more than the points total in the league than Brewster did in less than half the games. He commands respect from the players which is something Brewster did not and could not. Also he has been taking points of the teams around us may I point you to Two 2-1 victories over St mirren and two 1-1 draws against Hamilton to me that seems like taking some points. Not to mention the excellent performances in beating Hibs & Rangers and drawing with Celtic & Dundee Utd. And you will blame him if we go down.

Argue that!

Butcher cannot be blamed for this season.

He has resurrected our hopes, but has been restricted in his options coming in half way thro' and having to raise the teams spirits.

The Board must take some of the balme as I still think they are small thinking, with little or no ambition and not wanting to invest or take any chances otherwise we would be safe by now.

Our attempts at getting crowds into games is poor, why do they never have "stalls" at retail park in week leading up to home games, trying to sell tickets.

Why do they not give out to schools lots more tickets for games where they will never sell out, using wings of main stand or indeed the small stand across from the main stand.

Why are the two ends still temporary stands.

Come on Caley get the win on Saturday, then we see if the Board have the guts to invest in Butcher, the team and the ground and make attempts to take us to the next level

If really feel it is Butchers fault then please get some help. Provide a compelling argument against this and I may accept what you are saying and i will also recommend you become prime minister if you convince me to change my mind:

Butcher comes in we are 5 pts adrift with seemingly no hope on an endless run of losing games. 1 game to go it is in our hands we are 2 pts clear after his "poor management". He only signed 3 players so the team is full of Brew's epic failure's e.g Barrowman or Gathuessi. He gained more than the points total in the league than Brewster did in less than half the games. He commands respect from the players which is something Brewster did not and could not. Also he has been taking points of the teams around us may I point you to Two 2-1 victories over St mirren and two 1-1 draws against Hamilton to me that seems like taking some points. Not to mention the excellent performances in beating Hibs & Rangers and drawing with Celtic & Dundee Utd. And you will blame him if we go down.

Argue that!

and after all that we're still a defeat away from relegation. not to much to argue really. here you go anyway.

here's something for you to consider. brew managed to get 25points from his first 15 games which included the 3-2 win against celtic.

butcher has his 15th league game in charge next sat and needs the win to take 23 points from his first 15 games.

so with the aforementioned brew actually did better, look how he turned out. butcher has actually started off worse than brew did. brew took over the team from christie without a win.

I will find it hard to forgive Butcher if we lose thanks to a Mike Fraser fumble.... Everbody but everybody knows who our best keeper is.

Surely to god for the greater good of the club these two can put their differences behind them - if only just for 90 minutes.

Yup, this thread is about par for the course on this forum. Do you people have nothing better to do than to sit around aportioning blame for somthing that has not yet happened and which, on the balance of probobility might well not happen at all?

Might you not be better to chanel your energys in the direction of suporting you're team rather than sit around bitching?

Maybe its just as well this team is sitting down towards the bottom of the SPL. If we were top six youd be lost because you wouldnt have anything to complain about.

Would i be wrong in saying, the boards ineptness and lack of crucial decision making has cost us many , many Hundreds of thousands of pounds?

SACK THE BOARD!!

Would i be wrong in saying, the boards ineptness and lack of crucial decision making has cost us many , many Hundreds of thousands of pounds?

SACK THE BOARD!!

SACK THE BOARD!!

The numbers below don't lie - an earlier decision would have made a difference - maybe some will now decide it is time for a change and gracefully step down and let others take the club forward to face its next challenge

TOTAL P 38 W 10 D 7 L 21 F 37 A 58 GD -21 PTS 37

BUTCHER P 15 W 5 D 5 L 5 F 14 A 15 GD -1 PTS 20

BREWSTER P 23 W 5 D 2 L 16 F 23 A 43 GD -20 PTS 17

Looking forward to winning some silverware again.... :(

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

The board have got to accept responsibility. They dilly dallied and there refusal to face what was right in front of there faces. They give brewster funds and weeks later they sack him. Its an absolute joke.

Heads must roll.