Item Inquiry

Guest Mahonio

Can anyone please tell me if there was ever a DVD of our 2000 Scots Cup win over Celtic and if so where can i purchase one as i have searched internet and found nothing?

Edited by Mahonio

maybe it could be re-issued - on DVD this time (and in both PAL and NTSC format) - to celebrate 10 years ???

You could be on to something there Scotty :P :P

Watch this space :D

I've got it on video. I believe it was actually Celtic who put it out on the Market. There's about eight minutes of highlights on YouTube. On a more satisfying note I have that 3-2 game on my hard disc recorder taped off celtic tv. Still watch it from 60 minutes in on a fairly regular basis. I was lucky enough to be at that game. Unlike the 3-1 game back in 2000 cos their stadium was falling to bits on the Saturday.

So.... One copy in NTSC for the Canadian market?
You underestimate the diaspora I think -- but still probably not enough to justify NTSC I agree.

I've got it on video. I believe it was actually Celtic who put it out on the Market.
Dont think so - I remember the club having to jump through all sorts of hoops (no pun intended) to secure the footage. Hard to tell from the video box itself - says Chris Campbell / John Williams and there is no mention of ICT or Celtic as the distributor (which is a company called "SBL" from Glasgow)

So.... One copy in NTSC for the Canadian market?
You underestimate the diaspora I think -- but still probably not enough to justify NTSC I agree.

I've got it on video. I believe it was actually Celtic who put it out on the Market.
Dont think so - I remember the club having to jump through all sorts of hoops (no pun intended) to secure the footage. Hard to tell from the video box itself - says Chris Campbell / John Williams and there is no mention of ICT or Celtic as the distributor (which is a company called "SBL" from Glasgow)

Something here which might interest the diaspora...

PAL/NTSC DVD players

Guest Mahonio

I really want this badly as i never saw game or even highlights of this game so a full 90min DVD of this game would be brill and L_G I searched internet for that title on Google and got a whole load of **** that had nothing to do with sport but thanks still for the help, in fact more help please :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've got it on video. I believe it was actually Celtic who put it out on the Market. There's about eight minutes of highlights on YouTube. On a more satisfying note I have that 3-2 game on my hard disc recorder taped off celtic tv. Still watch it from 60 minutes in on a fairly regular basis. I was lucky enough to be at that game. Unlike the 3-1 game back in 2000 cos their stadium was falling to bits on the Saturday.

Me too! I went down on the Saturday, and got pished in the pub instead, then decided to go midweek. Biggest mistake of my football life. The 3-2 game here was a belter though. We need a performance like that on Saturday.

Something here which might interest the diaspora... PAL/NTSC DVD players

I have a cheap multi-region DVD player hooked up to one of our TVs so I am good with PAL format - having it in NTSC format would be good though as it would save me moving the DVD player to our main TV to watch it and because I could also bore educate my Canadian friends on that wonderous night :) without having to take along my own player :lol:

I remember seeing the whole game on an Innes bus trip south for a cup game a few years ago, it was a official looking vhs tape though, what happend to it i dont know!

Stuart Cosgrove was supposed to get me a copy from his "contacts" when I appeared on "on the ball" and "off the ball" the weekend after the game ..... never materialised :( - I do however remember playing the "night to remember" video on a few busses I organised after that game .....

I think the chances of it coming out in an NTSC format are as good as the Beatles reforming, the cost implication of NTSC transfer as well as PAL are enormous plus of course the duplication costa.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mahonio

I was just checking on what the latest news in on the supposed DVD of our 2000 Scots Cup victory over Celtic?

Any news appreciated :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Mahonio

I'd keep a look out for it being available around the 8th February 2010.

Don't have any more information other than that at the moment.

will i look out in Club shop or on here to know when it is out?