Niculae Court Case

Soma

Going back to the start of the arrival of Marius, who actually signed him? was it CC's Decision, was it Savage and Stevico that instigated the deal, who really paid his wages, was this all a setup between the parties to get money out of ICT, what park did DS play in all this? feck me its all surfaced again and was it all worth it?

I can only tell you my part of this, I through my contacts in Romania, Popescu etc, was asked to find a player in Romania for ICT. I returned with a DVD of Marius and gave it to the club.

I then attended the meeting in the stadium between Marius and the DOF when the terms of his contract were agreed, I was in no position to instigate any transfer

So are you an agent stevico ? Whats your footballing pedigree ?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He actually only has 250 shares....it's Tullochs who currently have a majority shareholding (they would need 50% +1 share to have a controlling shareholding).

I'm not participating in this debate, but just want to make a statement of fact. Tullochs have never had a MAJORITY shareholding which, by definition, is over 50%. They are, however the BIGGEST or MAJOR shareholders and the most they have ever had is around 42% of ICT. The Company reverted from public to private status to allow Tullochs' last equity uptake which brought them above the 29.9% which is the maximum allowed in a plc before you have to go through fairly complicated and radical manoeuvres. I have a feeling that Tullochs' current holding will be less than 40odd% since it will have been diluted by the 12% Alan Savage reveived at the time Marius Niculae came to Inverness.

As for what it needs to CONTROL the club, I cannot recollect whether, since reversion to private status, it still requires a 75% vote to change the Articles of Association or whatever.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Going back to the start of the arrival of Marius, who actually signed him? was it CC's Decision, was it Savage and Stevico that instigated the deal, who really paid his wages, was this all a setup between the parties to get money out of ICT, what park did DS play in all this? feck me its all surfaced again and was it all worth it?

I can only tell you my part of this, I through my contacts in Romania, Popescu etc, was asked to find a player in Romania for ICT. I returned with a DVD of Marius and gave it to the club.

I then attended the meeting in the stadium between Marius and the DOF when the terms of his contract were agreed, I was in no position to instigate any transfer

So are you an agent stevico ? Whats your footballing pedigree ?

No not at all , never been involved in Football before Marius and will never be involved again thats for sure, just a friend of Marius

No I found him in Romania his contract at Mainz had expired and he was back in Romania

Why Romania, because thats the only place that I had contacts if they had asked me to find a player in Poland for example I would not have known where to start. I lived in Romania for the for best part of 10 years was doing Recruitment business for Alan Savage out there so thats why he asked me.

Getting someone that played domestically wasn't an option it needed to be somebody with at least international experience to have any chance at getting a work permit.

Thanks Stevico. None of my business really, I was just always curious why Romania when we had barely looked in England at the time.

Think at the time Alan Savage was looking to broaden the horizions a bit and as he knew of my connections in Romania asked me to see what I could come up with, little would did I know it would lead to this.

Niculae did nothing for us apart from probably put us into administration.

It was such a stupid mistake taking him here. 10 goals and none of them were important.

I'd like to ask the board if they think it was a good move? What were they thinking when they took this massive risk.

Hello administration.

OK yes he may have scored only ten goals but he was in and around every other goal whether setting it up or laying off the cross for a goal.

Man we should have persuaded Craig Dargo to stay :024:

He actually only has 250 shares....it's Tullochs who currently have a majority shareholding (they would need 50% +1 share to have a controlling shareholding).

I'm not participating in this debate, but just want to make a statement of fact. Tullochs have never had a MAJORITY shareholding which, by definition, is over 50%. They are, however the BIGGEST or MAJOR shareholders and the most they have ever had is around 42% of ICT. The Company reverted from public to private status to allow Tullochs' last equity uptake which brought them above the 29.9% which is the maximum allowed in a plc before you have to go through fairly complicated and radical manoeuvres. I have a feeling that Tullochs' current holding will be less than 40odd% since it will have been diluted by the 12% Alan Savage reveived at the time Marius Niculae came to Inverness.

As for what it needs to CONTROL the club, I cannot recollect whether, since reversion to private status, it still requires a 75% vote to change the Articles of Association or whatever.

I got my terminology incorrect/the wrong way round, what I should have perhaps said was that Tulloch are the largest shareholder.

Depending on which definition of "controlling" shareholder you use then it could be argued they already have that as their holding is sufficient to block any move by anyone else and it also affords them control of the Board of Directors....and although sufficient shares are available to dilute their shareholding to below a controlling share, as the Board have the right to veto any sale of shares, and are controlled by Tulloch...then they are not likely to allow that situation to occur.

The point I'm making is that despite past statements about it not being healthy for the club to be under the control of a single person/company, that's basically what we have at the moment and the current situation would give a good excuse to move in and further strengthen that position by blackmailing persuading people that a further change is required to the companies status to allow them to take a shareholding in excess of 50% and change the articles to afford them the power to do as they please without the need to consult any of the other shareholders.

He's perfectly capable of such a move...and most of us will remember his throwing the toys out of the pram when someone tried to prevent the current situation before we were all suckered in and he got his own way, company structure was changed, he got ultimate control and he managed to obtain ownership of the stadium at the same time.

I know where you are coming from Yngwie , however I was at a function with the owner of Dinamo a good few months after the transfer and he told me he could not believe they got Marius for 500k Euros and were prepared to go up to a million so I think that adding a sell on clause on top of what we received would not have been a huge issue, just my thoughts mind you

:024: :D :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: And a two feckin year old DVD at that - and the medical was also passed after watching the DVD. :lol::lol::lol:

quote name='CaleyD' date='Oct 15 2009, 11:38 AM' post='219797'

As was mentioned in another thread a couple of weeks back, I asked the question at the club AGM and the Chairman told the meeting that no funds had been set aside and that the club would just do as they have done with other things and deal with it if/when it happens.

And it is being kept under Neil Warnocks bed :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We won't lose money on the Niculae deal itself.

475,000 Euro for selling him

200,000 Sign on fee (half of which we've not paid yet)

100,000 1 year salary (a generous figure above the actual, but allows for any other costs)

142,500 Split of Transfer Fee

442,500 Total

His signing also generated a ?275,000 investment from Orion and we got around ?50,000 from his participation in the Euros.....in total, we are at least ?350,000 the better for having had him here....that's a long way from his presence putting us in threat of administration.

It's the total and complete mismanagement of the situation that has, and continues, to damage this club.

Where has all this money gone? If I was offering an answer I would say a large part of it went on Barrowman signing fee (not to mention his salary), along with the salaries of the 6 or 7 players the club signed last January to try and save face and give Brewster something to work with for the remainder of the season, even though it was clear that it was not the playing personnel that was the problem.

Why did the club spend so heavily and freely when they had this whole thing hanging over their heads? Surely te common sense/sensible/business approach would have been to hold this money back.....in fact, was it not negligent of the Board to not do this, and then go one step further and fail to include the potential liability in the last set of accounts, presenting the shareholders with a false impression of the state of the business.

:025: :025: :025: But dont forget the legal costs for both sides

No not at all , never been involved in Football before Marius.

That is evident - learn yer lesson - never buy dodgy DVD's in Bucharest Market. :lol::lol::lol:

Marius has given his version of the events for the first time to the Daily Record it will be in tomorrows issue

I can see the headlines:

muppets_space.jpg Straight from the Orion Consternation

IHE, I've not forgotten about the legal costs....nor have I forgotten the fact that whilst the money from Orion was intended to offset the cost of Marius, he got 12% of the club in return....but I can kind of let that one slide as even without it we should have broken even (at worst) before the whole legal wrangle kicked off.

But the legal costs could be significant and will not show up in any accounts - Marius had top drawer representation and just think what FIFA charged - Perhaps Kingsmills may challenge me but the legal fees could end up higher than the pay offs - So why did we fight this to the bitter end.

Lets look at the Marius journey _ DVD - Buy - 6 months getting fit - Decent player - Euro Finals - Sold fer a pittance = Sale a total feck up - Huge financial losses !!!!

Stevico

Just put it down to experience .

We are sure that you did it for the best of reasons.

The difference between being a teenager and an old man who has not led a sheltered life is that when you are the former and think you know everything ( :019: ) you are more than willing to rush in where Angels fear to tread. The upside of that is that unbounding confidence can sometimes pay off handsomely but, if you fail, the pratfall can be vicious. Of course, ..............you have the rest of your life to recover so :D

However, when you are the latter figure, you are so un-nerved by the experiences that you have endured and of the pitfalls that you now know can befall you if you make a hasty or wrong decision , that you are afraid to risk anything and by the time that you make up your mind the opportunity has , more than likely, vanished. The upside in this situation is that you have nothing to look forward to except the pipe and slippers so you have the perfect excuse to do absolutely nothing.

And that is why you see so many elderly grandfathers and grannies contentedly enjoying a puff of the pipe, a comfy fine chair by the fire and a wee secret snifter to end his exciting day. :D

Of course he did it for the best reasons!! A wise man is not always an old man SP.

It was all in a days work for Stevico, quite literally. He did his job well, as ICT signed him. Had he done his job badly, he would have introduced a one-legged, half-blind lethargic sloth. Instead we got an international player who played in a major tournament.

The fact that ICT mishandled almost everything after getting the DVD is their fault, not Stevicos.

Of course he did it for the best reasons!! A wise man is not always an old man SP.

It was all in a days work for Stevico, quite literally. He did his job well, as ICT signed him. Had he done his job badly, he would have introduced a one-legged, half-blind lethargic sloth. Instead we got an international player who played in a major tournament.

The fact that ICT mishandled almost everything after getting the DVD is their fault, not Stevicos.

Thanks,

Somehow I find Marius's version of events much more believable than the club's.

Surely common sense will prevail now, and the club will let this matter rest now. It would be crass in the extreme for them to put the club further into the red by lodging an appeal with a higher court.

Ive backed Marius since the start because things just dont add up. Why would he want to negotiate a move away from a club which got him to Euro 2008. Thats all he wanted from ICT and he got it. He was happy playing here and the fans loved him(most of them). Then why does the board come out and say that he had handed in a written(or verbal,i dont know) transfer request and then negotiate his own move. Why?

And just to think - the muppets bought Marius from a guy who knew feck all about football and sold him through a DVD.

For one - I aint going to use any smileys - this is a total disgrace.

They didn't buy him from me, I came back from Romania where I was working for the Chairman at the time, he asked me to take the DVD round to CC house the following morning which I did.

Edited by stevico1

They didn't buy him from me, I came back from Romania where I was working for the Chairman at the time, he asked me to take the DVD round to CC house the following morning which I did.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can this get worse !!!

Return to Sender comes to mind !!!

IHE do you really think it is the quality of the player that is the issue here, Marius went onto play in the Euros, came on a free transfer and was sold for close on 500k Euros. So whether he was bought on he strength of a DVD is not why the club is where it is now with the whole thing

:D :D :D :D :D :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Can this get worse !!!

Return to Sender comes to mind !!!

IHE do you really think it is the quality of the player that is the issue here, Marius went onto play in the Euros, came on a free transfer and was sold for close on 500k Euros. So whether he was bought on he strength of a DVD is not why the club is where it is now with the whole thing

Exactly. There is no doubt about the players quality. If we can get players of his quality from viewing youtube clips and reading myspace blogs, that's fine by me.