FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae Court Case

Soma

From what I can gather, this is mad management on the part if the board, and Niculae just claiming what he's due. I can't really see any reason to bad mouth the guy.

Bottom line is FIFA spent a great deal of time studying the evidence from both parties and each party had ample time to provide their evidence. FIFA looked at this an decided that Niculae was due the money.

At present this club is bumbling from one bad managerial decision to the next and they are getting more costly each time.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot think that, considering the amount of money involved, we as a club did not take professional advice.

I accept from the club, that there appears to be a difference between Scottish and non-Scottish contracts and we have been caught out by this BUT our legal advisor must have been aware of this or else he is negligent and probably 'sue -able'.(cue Kingsmills)

I find it so disappointing that the first reaction on here by 'fans' is 'we can't even do a transfer' - what a load of twaddle!! We do and have done, I would suggest, hundreds of transfers with no problems!!

This, the club state, was watertight under the Scottish contract law but .....

Now I am just waiting for the 'shower of muppets' to appear in print as his knowledge of international law knows no bounds.

I cannot think that, considering the amount of money involved, we as a club did not take professional advice.

I accept from the club, that there appears to be a difference between Scottish and non-Scottish contracts and we have been caught out by this BUT our legal advisor must have been aware of this or else he is negligent and probably 'sue -able'.(cue Kingsmills)

Incorrect the type contract he signed here was the same as he signed at whatever club he has been at in every country.

Ok not us but how many overseas players have been signed and sold in Scotland without a problem.

I accept, as I have stated above, the clubs statement.. you don't! Simple.

I accept that my club can transact a transfer ....others don't. Simple

I accept that SPL and FIFA interpretation of rules can be different....others don't. Simple.

Your final part I have covered and if our legal team were wrong whilst other clubs legal teams are correct...sue them.

Absent Friend....I am looking for the article that carries the quote, but there's a comment made by Grassa (from memory) which basically amounted to an admittance that they got their Euro's and ?'s mixed up when dealing with Dinamo.

On that basis, I find it very difficult to place the same faith in the ability of our club to transact a deal than you do.

Fully respect your right to accept the clubs word (despite the conflicting statements from them...see link to BBC article in my earlier post), just pointing out where I perceive their to be flaws in your thinking.

If we do owe him more money, lets just get it paid so we can draw a line under it... Those who are "in the know" know who screwed up, so lets just learn some (expensive) lessons from this debacle and move on

thats my feeling on this matter and this thread after having my say ;)

Absent Friend....I am looking for the article that carries the quote, but there's a comment made by Grassa (from memory) which basically amounted to an admittance that they got their Euro's and ?'s mixed up when dealing with Dinamo.

On that basis, I find it very difficult to place the same faith in the ability of our club to transact a deal than you do.

Fully respect your right to accept the clubs word (despite the conflicting statements from them...see link to BBC article in my earlier post), just pointing out where I perceive their to be flaws in your thinking.

Also at the same time Bennett was quoted in the paper as saying "It is a straight deal although Marius is entitled to a percentage of the fee agreed" what happened to that

Aye, but what Bennett says and whats on the contract could diffe.

This thing about instigating the transfer seems to be the area of confusion.

Sorry I thought he was DOF and negotiated the contracts with players must be my mistake

Possibly, but not being a lawyer dealing with contracts i'm sure that GB/they(ICT) had the contract sorted out by a lawyer?

Going by their comments on the official statement they seem quite sure they are in the right.

To be honest, I find the whole thing totally embarrassing and I wish we would just pay up. I don't think, however, that it should be just brushed under the carpet and forgotten about....something we, as fans, seem to be good at. It's about time that those responsible for these kinds of screw-ups are held accountable.

We're already ?20k down as a result of the change in exchange rates between then and now, we'll have a legal bill to pay and we're talking about blowing more money by taking it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport....and there's still the case in the courts that could (and I think will) strip us of another wedge of cash.

It's very easy for the board to sit there making these decision knowing it's not their pocket that's having to cough up the cost and if it was any other kind of business then the shareholders would have the directors out on their ear....or worse, suing them for their incompetence.

Will we get anything more than a faceless statement on the official website? Do the Board have the balls to face the fans and explain this whole sorry mess? It's been so long since the board addressed the fans on anything I'm starting to wonder if they even exist or if someone just sits upstairs using a magic 8 ball to make the decisions.

My understanding is that there was no dispute about the terms and enforceability of the contract which was in fairly standard form.

The dispute was whether the player or tghe club had instigated the transfer and clearly the player's version of events has been found to be more credible and reliable than that of the club.

I agree with those who feel that the club should now draw a line under proceedings and pay what's due rather than throwing good money after bad.

An expensive lesson.

George Fraser was on Stv tonight saying they had been trying to get in contact with Marius,

Mr Fraser I find this somewhat surprising as I am sure that most people know that if you wanted to speak to Marius all you needed to do was contact me and I would happily have given you Marius contact details. Fact or the matter is you have never tried to contact Marius since this started, in fact if you had it things would probably not been as bad as they are now.

Edited by stevico1

Sportsound devoted a fair amount of time to this (and ICT in general) tonight, with interviews with George Fraser and stevico. Unfortunately, most listeners will have been left with the impression that the club paid a huge signing on fee PLUS 4 grand a week to Marius, which we now know wasn't the case.

Jim Duffy and Tom English gave us all a right good telling off for having ideas above our station. That applies to board for this stupid transfer and to the fans for getting on Butcher's back so early in the season.

Unfortunately, most listeners will have been left with the impression that the club paid a huge signing on fee PLUS 4 grand a week to Marius, which we now know wasn't the case.

Caley Stan there are still a huge amount of people that believe that Marius was on 4k a week, complete rubbish and I will never understand why the club never quashed this early doors

My opinion......the club never quashed the rumour because it suited them at the time. It made them look like the big shots for landing a signing of Niculae's calibre and increased his value (or gave a higher starting point for discussion) should anyone come sniffing about looking to take him off our hands. Not a bad idea in principle, but unfortunately the minute Sutherland (and others) started bleating to the press that we couldn't afford to keep him then any work that had been done to increase his value was totally undone and completely negated any strength we might have had when it came to negotiations.

I'm still of the opinion that the deal that brought Marius here was great for this club, or should have been. Sadly it became more about points scoring, ego and one-upmanship when Savage stepped down and Sutherland was more interested in discrediting him than he was in protecting the interests of ICT.

What a feckin surprise :huh:

And to all those who feckin doubted me - I am proved rite again - INEPTITUDE / AMATEURISM / MISMANAGEMENT.

As I am evidently more in the know so lets be hypothetical - If this was you (a muppet that is) - would you not announce an ammount that looks paltry but is the actual pay out sum - but forgets to add the payment of legal fees both by the club and undoubtedly to Marius who has been advised by professionals.

And there is still a 100,000 euro pay off to be negotiated - did that not go through a separate legal route ?!! But the muppets would never con us by paying the fee out of court and not to mention the legal fees for that as well.

And - what have they offered Butcher - and how can thy ever consider sacking him before his contract was up.

And did Butcher know the bottom line before today ?

Savage stepped down cos he could see what was coming.

And Good luck to Marius - if you sign a contract in good faith you expect it to be honoured.

What a feckin surprise :huh:

And to all those who feckin doubted me - I am proved rite again - INEPTITUDE / AMATEURISM / MISMANAGEMENT.

As I am evidently more in the know so lets be hypothetical - If this was you (a muppet that is) - would you not announce an ammount that looks paltry but is the actual pay out sum - but forgets to add the payment of legal fees both by the club and undoubtedly to Marius who has been advised by professionals.

And there is still a 100,000 euro pay off to be negotiated - did that not go through a separate legal route ?!! But the muppets would never con us by paying the fee out of court and not to mention the legal fees for that as well.

And - what have they offered Butcher - and how can thy ever consider sacking him before his contract was up.

And did Butcher know the bottom line before today ?

Savage stepped down cos he could see what was coming.

And Good luck to Marius - if you sign a contract in good faith you expect it to be honoured.

Its one joke after another with this club isnt it? Why do we bother when we have idiots in charge of it

My opinion......the club never quashed the rumour because it suited them at the time. It made them look like the big shots for landing a signing of Niculae's calibre and increased his value (or gave a higher starting point for discussion) should anyone come sniffing about looking to take him off our hands. Not a bad idea in principle, but unfortunately the minute Sutherland (and others) started bleating to the press that we couldn't afford to keep him then any work that had been done to increase his value was totally undone and completely negated any strength we might have had when it came to negotiations.

I'm still of the opinion that the deal that brought Marius here was great for this club, or should have been. Sadly it became more about points scoring, ego and one-upmanship when Savage stepped down and Sutherland was more interested in discrediting him than he was in protecting the interests of ICT.

Spot on

Well Don, flaws in my thinking would not be anything new!!

It would appear from our person in the know (a wink is as good as a nod, as they say!) that this should just be 'put to bed'

So be it.

If we put to bed all the feck ups made by the shower of muppets we would be running the biggest feckin dormitory in the world.

Typical pro muppet - it was a mistake - made by somebody else - lets put it down to experience and move on. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: