FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae Court Case

Soma

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link works fine for me. This bit is interesting:

No evidence has been been forthcoming of a written transfer request and the Inverness majority shareholder, David Sutherland, was quoted in April 2008 questioning whether Niculae?s reported ?4,000-a-week wages could be maintained.Furthermore, Graeme Bennett, the Inverness director of football, admitted on the day of Niculae?s sale: ?It is a straight deal although Marius is entitled to a percentage of the fee agreed.?

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Good article about it in the Times

times

the link dont work?

Not sure why working for me ok, but then again I am not very good at those linky things, if you type marius niculae times online in google it comes up first in the search

Bit of a damming quote from our DoF in that article!! I don't suppose we have a sell-on clause if Marius is likely to move in January?

Edited by kencar

times

the link dont work?

Not sure why working for me ok, but then again I am not very good at those linky things, if you type marius niculae times online in google it comes up first in the search

Bit of a damming quote from our DoF in that article!! I don't suppose we have a sell-on clause if Marius is likely to move in January?

No and the figures been banded about for his transfer are in excess of 2m Euros

times

the link dont work?

what do you think? If they cant even negotaite a transfer and contract properly, what chances do you think they have of putting a sell on clause on his Dynamo deal?

How have we managed to survive for so long when these idiots are clearly only capable of running a Highland league level outfit?!

We really are an absolute joke. :(

times

the link dont work?

Blinking flip!! :( I feared as much. The question is why the hell didn't we? I would have thought it would be standard practice.

times

the link dont work?

Blinking flip!! :( I feared as much. The question is why the hell didn't we? I would have thought it would be standard practice.

Because that would be the smart thing to do? remember we have a zoo in our stadium

All is not lost though in BBC interview Chairman said it may be down to a misinterpretation of language by FIFA, of course one of the largest sports bodies in the world have dodgy English.

oh yes English, that tricky lanuage barrier there, yep the language of business. More than likely they(ICT) cant fecking read or write

All is not lost though in BBC interview Chairman said it may be down to a misinterpretation of language by FIFA, of course one of the largest sports bodies in the world have dodgy English.

oh yes English, that tricky lanuage barrier there, yep the language of business. More than likely they(ICT) cant fecking read or write

Marius read out the FIFA letter to him and English sounded fine to me :(

If we had negotiated a sell on clause with Dinamo, the transfer fee would have been lower than the actual amount we got. That's the trade off.

For a club like ours, getting a definite, larger sum at the time of sale is probably more important than taking the chance of a possible future windfall IF the player does well and IF he stays injury free and IF he gets sold by Dinamo and IF they remain solvent enough to actually pay up at some point years down the line.

For those reasons I can't be too critical of the absence of a sell-on clause.

If we had negotiated a sell on clause with Dinamo, the transfer fee would have been lower than the actual amount we got. That's the trade off.

For a club like ours, getting a definite, larger sum at the time of sale is probably more important than taking the chance of a possible future windfall IF the player does well and IF he stays injury free and IF he gets sold by Dinamo and IF they remain solvent enough to actually pay up at some point years down the line.

I know where you are coming from Yngwie , however I was at a function with the owner of Dinamo a good few months after the transfer and he told me he could not believe they got Marius for 500k Euros and were prepared to go up to a million so I think that adding a sell on clause on top of what we received would not have been a huge issue, just my thoughts mind you

I suppose it's easy to say with the beneift of hindsight but I think it would have been worth the gamble. County got 25% of John Rankin's transfer fee on top of what we paid them for him.

I wonder if we included one for Don Cowie?

Edited by kencar

Not the best publicity. David Sutherland and Graeme Bennett have together cost the club 133,000 quid. Had they a) kept their traps shut and :( played the waiting game then the outcome would have been very different. And why oh why didn't they get a written request? Dropped the ball spectacularly. I wish Fraser would let it go, they board made a hash of it.

Not impressed at all by throwing that money away. The club is going backwards, on and off the pitch. Not the news to lift our spirits. Pah!

(edited for additional info )

Edited by Kirishima

Going back to the start of the arrival of Marius, who actually signed him? was it CC's Decision, was it Savage and Stevico that instigated the deal, who really paid his wages, was this all a setup between the parties to get money out of ICT, what park did DS play in all this? feck me its all surfaced again and was it all worth it?

Going back to the start of the arrival of Marius, who actually signed him? was it CC's Decision, was it Savage and Stevico that instigated the deal, who really paid his wages, was this all a setup between the parties to get money out of ICT, what park did DS play in all this? feck me its all surfaced again and was it all worth it?

I can only tell you my part of this, I through my contacts in Romania, Popescu etc, was asked to find a player in Romania for ICT. I returned with a DVD of Marius and gave it to the club.

I then attended the meeting in the stadium between Marius and the DOF when the terms of his contract were agreed, I was in no position to instigate any transfer

I was at a function with the owner of Dinamo a good few months after the transfer and he told me he could not believe they got Marius for 500k Euros and were prepared to go up to a million

That's fine, next time you meet him you can point out that ICT would have accepted 100k! :(

I can only tell you my part of this, I through my contacts in Romania, Popescu etc, was asked to find a player in Romania for ICT. I returned with a DVD of Marius and gave it to the club.

I then attended the meeting in the stadium between Marius and the DOF when the terms of his contract were agreed, I was in no position to instigate any transfer

Fair enough, but who decided to sign a player of the type and quality of Marius? therefore breaking the mould of wage set up/player type, why did we have to do this? did the DOF agree all the contract stuff himself?

Although he was playing for Mainz 05 in the 1. Bundesliga at the time, so I guess you actually found him in Germany :(

Not that where you found him matters, but he was therefore bound to be more expensive than someone playing domestically in Romania. And if he was going to be expensive, why therefore Romania specifically? Just curious.

[Edited multiple time as neurons attempt to connect]

Edited by alimci

this is seriously embarrasing for ICT....how these numpties manage to run a football club is beyond me. Its is clear to me now as I and others have said before; that they are unable to operate beyond a Highland League club level and should leave immediatley.

Their business acumen is suspect and their knowledge of transfers within top flight football seems laughable. Neve mind TB & MO- Bennet, Fraser & Sutherland...GET THEM OUT NOW!!