FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January signings

dam17

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we afford anyone and if so, do we really need to add to the squad? I'm not absolutely convinced by Bulivitis, but I do think we have reasonable depth in the squad. The inconsistency this season, IMO, has been more to do with a lack of confidence at home, new players taking a while to gel and most importantly finding the right system. It might be jumping the gun to say that it's all sorted now, but at least the past couple of results should have given the team the confidence to push on and they can start to look forward to games.

Can we afford anyone and if so, do we really need to add to the squad? I'm not absolutely convinced by Bulivitis, but I do think we have reasonable depth in the squad. The inconsistency this season, IMO, has been more to do with a lack of confidence at home, new players taking a while to gel and most importantly finding the right system. It might be jumping the gun to say that it's all sorted now, but at least the past couple of results should have given the team the confidence to push on and they can start to look forward to games.

Bulvitis' contract is up in January. He's been shaky but obviously deserves the full season to prove himself. I'd still like to see us bring in a centre-half though. IMO getting rid of Barrowman and Lionel should be the first priority this window.

Defensive cover is needed but we'd need to get rid of players to take any in. Personally I'd rather see the existing squad gel together and do the business. Duff may be back come Jan. lionel is there if we're desperate and I think Stratford can cover in defence. We also have some U-19's if needed. Bringing others in might just upset the cart.

Well defence is the only place I would look at, upfornt we're starting to look relatively solid, with 4 players doing the business and a handful of decent players in reserve. Other than that I'd look at extending the current crop of players contracts til the end of season 2010-11 at least.

For me the only place for me where a signing is definaltely needed is at centre-half. Both Bulvitis (whom I believe is actually a natural right back) and Munro can both have off games, yet there is no-one there to replace them. A big Darren Dods/Pavels Mihadjuks/Bobby Mann type wouldn't go a miss in January.

For me the only place for me where a signing is definaltely needed is at centre-half. Both Bulvitis (whom I believe is actually a natural right back) and Munro can both have off games, yet there is no-one there to replace them. A big Darren Dods/Pavels Mihadjuks/Bobby Mann type wouldn't go a miss in January.

But then TB always knows theres cover for a centre back Proctor and Tokely so i doubt it we'll be seeing any defender come in

And Proctor, no thanks, he was played there under Brew fairly regularly and wasn't exactly what you'd call good.

Was any of brewsters teams good?

Yeah, we beat Celtic with an awesome, organised formation. Proctor was Right Mid I think?

And Proctor, no thanks, he was played there under Brew fairly regularly and wasn't exactly what you'd call good.

Yeah, we beat Celtic with an awesome, organised formation. Proctor was Right Mid I think?

Proctor played at right back and cowie played at right midfield

Yes, he signed Dargo in his first spell and in his second he signed Imrie, Morais and Mihadjuks. All decent signings.

Edited by Renegade

Did you know that Darren Dods is reputed to have given away more own goals than any other player in Scotland

Did you know that Darren Dods is reputed to have given away more own goals than any other player in Scotland

You read my comment on another thread :rotflmao:

Indeed I did know something along those lines. He scored 4 OGs for St Johnstone in one season I believe. Ace when he was here mind.

You read my comment on another thread :rotflmao:

No, actually the commentator mentioned it during the round up of the Aberdeen - DU game last week.

Yes, he signed Dargo in his first spell and in his second he signed Imrie, Morais and Mihadjuks. All decent signings.

By looking at that 3/4 players have left us

I feel we need to bring in a centre midfielder and a right winger in January.

Right Midfield i think Ross is our best player to use. Centre mifield? No idea

I would agree about Ross but somone more experienced i think would improve the width in midfield especially on the right. We need someone who can pick a pass in the middle. Proctor aint a centre mid and Duncan can't pick a pass to save his life, although his breaking up of opposition attacks is appreciated.

Could mayb'e look at some loans from SPL clubs.