FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January signings

dam17

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who want a right winger (something where a new signing may also be beneficial I reckon), what about that bloke Neil McCann who was at Falkirk last season? He might be getting on a bit but he's pretty experienced (played for Hearts, Rangers, Falkirk, Dundee and Southampton) and has played 26 times for Scotland scoring three goals. I seem to remember whipping in a number of good crosses from the wing during the 1-1 game at home last season. He's without a club just and is well worth a look I reckon.

I feel we need to bring in a centre midfielder and a right winger in January.

Right Midfield i think Ross is our best player to use. Centre mifield? No idea

I would agree about Ross but somone more experienced i think would improve the width in midfield especially on the right. We need someone who can pick a pass in the middle. Proctor aint a centre mid and Duncan can't pick a pass to save his life, although his breaking up of opposition attacks is appreciated.

Could mayb'e look at some loans from SPL clubs.

Has Jonny Hayes been completely forgotten? He was outstanding on the right wing, albeit occasionally switching to the left, in just about every game I've seen prior to Ayr. I think he's extremely unfortunate to have been sacrificed for the new system, although TB has clearly found a combination that works. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hayes feature again in games where we may have to play more on the break (e.g. against Dundee or in cup games against SPL opposition). With Hayes and Ross and with Proctor and Imrie both able to fill in wide right if need be, I think we're probably better served in that position than anywhere else (except maybe up front).

The reality is that we are not in a financial position to be taking new players in, and indeed I would not be surprised to see a number of players moving on in the January window.

The situation is that Roy, Zadi and Eagle are unlikley to feature in games unless there is injuries (I would like to see Roy more involved but none of us would lose any sleep with the other two). We also have cover in Shinnie and Ross with Eric also coming back into contention (for two weeks before his next injury :lol: ).

In an ideal world both Shinnie and Ross would be loaned to a 2nd or 3rd division team to get experince of playing in competitive games, and be hardened up to an extent. Shinnie is one for the coming seasons however he needs some experience of playing against seasoned pros.

The wages of the younger players are a fraction of the other three and this may well be the deciding factor (before even considering the ongoing court actions!).

With some of the other players, we would be looking for transfer fees, and some of the teams at the lower levels of the SPL may well make an offer for some of the players. If Foran or Rooney continue to score regularly then they will attract interest.

Could do with a sub goalie and another goalscorer (preferably someone good at set pieces), so if I were boss I'd be making a move for Rene Higuita. Scored 5 goals in 12 appearances for his last club. Bit of entertainment as well.

Edited by Renegade

Well guys, I know of a Latvian under 21 squad defender left sided player, not contracted who is looking to play in god's country

Big strong ...bit like Pavels but speaks better English, plays twice a week and fit, but hey ho let TB carry on with the old but bold!!!!

I don't thin we could afford anyone especially since niculae has taken alot from us the **** but if we could i would get a new centre back i think bulvitus is seriously inconsistent.

I cant see us trying to buy players in january if anything we would be getting players in on loan maybe young players from some SPL clubs

I doubt we will see anyone. We would need to get rid of players first. Who is going to take Barrowman, Mcbain, Zadi or Renegade from us for the kind of money we need to bring in another player? The best we will get is a couple of contract extensions and Duff back from injury.

Edited by TheKnowledge

I doubt we will see anyone. We would need to get rid of players first. Who is going to take Barrowman, Mcbain, Zadi or Renegade from us for the kind of money we need to bring in another player? The best we will get is a couple of contract extensions and Duff back from injury.

True dat.

Don't see Eagle or Stratford getting back in the team but i doubt we could or would flog them.

We our stuck with Barrowman due to him being an overpayed underperformer, so all we can do is hope he starts scoring his open goals.

Neil McCann chose to leave Falkirk and start being a pundit. He wasn't forced out, he will have no intention of coming here

Did he not leave because he didn't get the manager or assistant managers job? I think Hughes recommended him and elvis as his replacement.

Neil McCann chose to leave Falkirk and start being a pundit. He wasn't forced out, he will have no intention of coming here

Did he not leave because he didn't get the manager or assistant managers job? I think Hughes recommended him and elvis as his replacement.

McCann and Jack McNamara went for the job of joint manager i think but were overlooked in favour of Eddie May.

McCann started critcising May's methods and promptly left.

Could do with a sub goalie and another goalscorer (preferably someone good at set pieces), so if I were boss I'd be making a move for Rene Higuita. Scored 5 goals in 12 appearances for his last club. Bit of entertainment as well.

I never know if you are either joking in your posts of if you were dropped on your head when you were younger. Maybe it's a bit of both