FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Whats your opinion

Dmacca

What are your thoughts on the story of the 3 year old boy who's won the right to compensation after being hit by another 3 year old with a car jack whilst the boys were left alone in a car by the mother of the boy who was hit.

1. Should compensation be paid, who was to blame here?

2. Can kids of this age understand their actions?

3. Should kids of this age be left alone?

4. Could this set a dodgy precedent where some kids might be left alone to do damage to each other with the soul intention of getting a compensation payout at the end of it? Extreme I know, but it seems some people will go to any lengths now adays.

What are your thoughts on the story of the 3 year old boy who's won the right to compensation after being hit by another 3 year old with a car jack whilst the boys were left alone in a car by the mother of the boy who was hit.

1. Should compensation be paid, who was to blame here?

2. Can kids of this age understand their actions?

3. Should kids of this age be left alone?

4. Could this set a dodgy precedent where some kids might be left alone to do damage to each other with the soul intention of getting a compensation payout at the end of it? Extreme I know, but it seems some people will go to any lengths now adays.

Who is responsible for the compensation? I'd say the mother who left them alone should be which would also deter any copycat cases.

We're definitely living with a 'compensation' culture these days, copied of course from America. One of the most jaw dropping, but successful, compensation claims I read about was the mother who got hundeds of thousands of dollars from a supermarket for tripping over an unsupervised child. Turns out that it was her own child!

Dmacca...this story p1sses me off no end. It was the injured kids own mother who left the kids unsupervised in the car. I think its disgusting if this gets paid out...plus...it sets a potentially very expensive precedent!

Edited by SMEE

We're definitely living with a 'compensation' culture these days, copied of course from America. One of the most jaw dropping, but successful, compensation claims I read about was the mother who got hundeds of thousands of dollars from a supermarket for tripping over an unsupervised child. Turns out that it was her own child!

I can beat that. I once read a drunk driver sued the widow of a man he killed whilst drunk driving, for the stress the ordeal had put him through. So much for advanced nations eh!

Dmacca...this story p1sses me off no end. It was the injured kids own mother who left the kids unsupervised in the car. I think its disgusting if this gets paid out...plus...it sets a potentially very expensive precedent!

Smee

If I were to put my opinion in it would be right down the line of how you think, gotta a funny feeling that we both sing from the same hymn sheet on these type subjects. Don't know what pisses me of more the perpetrator or the authority who gives them the time of day, I know what I would have told this women!!!

Heard on the radio that the compensation could be as much as ?20.000 nice little earner me thinks.

Aye....yer no wrong Dmacca. Im right with you on this. I also find myself asking, surley there has to be witnesses in order for any payment to be made? Call me a sceptic....but a car jack is quite heavy...let alone for a 3 yr old to allegedly start throwing about, to hit another kid 11 times in the head with. And....how did this other kid manage to get his hands on the jack? Any jack i have seen is kept in the boot of a car. So all in all.....it shouts irresponsible parenting to me. And.....such cases should not be entertained in the first place.

Aye....yer no wrong Dmacca. Im right with you on this. I also find myself asking, surley there has to be witnesses in order for any payment to be made? Call me a sceptic....but a car jack is quite heavy...let alone for a 3 yr old to allegedly start throwing about, to hit another kid 11 times in the head with. And....how did this other kid manage to get his hands on the jack? Any jack i have seen is kept in the boot of a car. So all in all.....it shouts irresponsible parenting to me. And.....such cases should not be entertained in the first place.

Did the report also mention that the car window got cracked, again sounds a little suspect to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This incident has really inspired me. The amount of bullying, nasty comments and hatred towards me on this forum has left me very sad. :023: And not just that, but the fact that it has gone unnoticed by the powers that be is a real travesty, so if you just send me a few pounds each, not too much mind, that'll be enough to stop me from puting your name forward to the police tomorrow. Thank you for your time. :huh:

2 more cases in USA (obviously)

A burglar robbed a house whilst owners were away on hols. Got stuck in integral garage. Survived on dog biscuits and water for 2 weeks. Sued the owners for breaching his human rights and won.

A Yank bought a winnebago (sp?), drove down the road and put it into cruise control. Left the seat to make a cup of coffee. Obviously crashed and sued the company because it didn't state in the manual that cruise control did not drive the vehicle. He won, got a new vehicle, loads of dosh and it now states in the manual that you cannot leave the seat while in CC mode.

Only in America :dancing03:

This incident has really inspired me. The amount of bullying, nasty comments and hatred towards me on this forum has left me very sad. :010: And not just that, but the fact that it has gone unnoticed by the powers that be is a real travesty, so if you just send me a few pounds each, not too much mind, that'll be enough to stop me from puting your name forward to the police tomorrow. Thank you for your time. ;)

I've noticed the bullying Rene and if you dont give me half the proceed's I'll.............................. :)