FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

One Last Sermon

Renegade

In less than seventeen hours, we will once again be celebrating a momentous occasion in the short but eventful history of Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club. I, like many of you have been proud and honoured to have witnessed many other historic moments in supporting this club. We have been very lucky to have witnessed the moments that we have, as some supporters will never have experienced such amazing accomplishments as beating the Old Firm, promotion to the SPL and many others in the decades that they have supported a club.

Let me first congratulate Terry Butcher and the team on this fantastic achievement. I didn't believe it could be done this season, but when the new decade dawned in, ICT became alive again. The phoenix-like way that Caley Thistle rose to win the league will undoubtedly be spoken and talked about by supporters for years to come. After the staleness of the start of this season, coupled with the dark days with the return of Craig Brewster, it finally feels good to be an ICT supporter again. Long live Highland football and long live ICT. It's clear to me now that the glory days are not behind us but rather lie on ahead, and I for one can't wait to see where the journey of life with ICT goes next. Another relegation? A cup run? A top six finish? European football? An SPL title? Who knows? One things for sure though, I wouldn't put anything past this club.

Today, the work begins anew, the dream that begun in 1994 has never died, and today lives on stronger than ever before. Like a flame, it's had it's moments of doubt, it's moments of sadness, it's moments of triumph and it's moments of peril, but it never goes out. But today, today it shines through. The dream lives on, the dream is alive and the dream will never die.

It's time again for triumph, it's time again for football, it's time for ICT!

Viva ICT! Viva ICT!

Edited by Renegade