P&B fives tournwa

I've entered an ICT 5-a-side team for PnB's annual tournament on the 12th of June

It's actually 2 ICT fans, 2 Celtic, 1 Dundee & 1 Ger but it's my team so we'll take the credit :) ... should have been 3 ICT fans but the knowledge bottled it.

Don't know if anyone else from this site has entered but should be a good occasion with the USA game on later that day.

I'll let you know how we get on (I'm sure you'll all be dying to hear) :)

Edited by Harry Chibber

I played in this a couple of years ago. Good fun but it's a bit weird when some people come up to you and say "Oh you're RiG? Remember that really funny thread on General Nonsense?"

"Erm, okay!?"

I played in this a couple of years ago. Good fun but it's a bit weird when some people come up to you and say "Oh you're RiG? Remember that really funny thread on General Nonsense?"

"Erm, okay!?"

I'm sure you loved it :lol:

I'll be keeping my username quiet or I'll have the majority of players swinging for me.

Knowledge didn't bottle nothing, Knowledge will be watching AC/DC.

Yeh priorities mate... representing your supported club or watching some band that does the theme tune for Ironman? :lol:

It's good fun when you chat to people normally instead of talking about the history of E Chat or something like that. Some posters look nothing like you imagine. Ric looks like Dominic Diamond :P

It's good fun when you chat to people normally instead of talking about the history of E Chat or something like that. Some posters look nothing like you imagine. Ric looks like Dominic Diamond :)

I'm coming back with the trophy... not there for fun :D

I imagine Captain Sensible must look like a cross between Dwain Dibbly & Lilly Savage

Well we didn't win. Aced our group without dropping a point and only conceding 2 goals

6 - 1 against Athletico Shire

2 - 0 against Crapnacuddin

7 - 0 against Stellas Strollers

3 - 1 against The Gambling Forum

After pulled hamstrings, staved fingers, a burst head and a concussion we qualified top with crapnacuddin runners up. Unfotunately, we met the eventual winners, St Mirrnoff, in the next round of the knock out stage and crashed out 4-0. Our team were terrific and no disgrace in losing to the overall winners but was disappointed none the less.

Great day out and I'd recommend it to anyone for next year. Perfect weather, plenty of goals, managed to win a crate of beer in the raffle and got to see England fluff their lines :) :)

AAWWWWOOOOGGGGGGGAAAAAAA!!

Most are there for a laugh and can be easily dismantled but there are always a few teams who are a cut above the rest.

Yeh would agree with that ... I heard one team in another of the groups had a girl in goals :)

We were unlucky in the sense that one of our better players took a head knock in the last group game, split the other guys head open and was out cold for a good few moments... quite worrying at the time. He was determined to play in the KO rounds but was well off the pace.... but no excuses they had a good team and deserved to go through.

How did you get on when you were there?

Think we went out in the first round. Won 2, lost 1 and drew 1. Watched some more of the football before heading to Walkabout early to get a good seat. I heard the new place was quite good this year and great value (they are saying 4 burgers and 4 pints for ?10 on P & B!). I'd have gone for the food!