• Neil Lennon
    • Mark McGhee
    • John Hughes
    • Peter Houston
    • Craig Brown
    • Jim Jeffries
    • Danny Lennon
    • Mixu Paatelinen

Blatantly half inched from P&B but who do posters think will be first for the chopping block this season.

My money is on McGhee

Edited for various spelling mistakes and submitting the poll half way through completion. Not having a good day

Edited by Libero

I went for McGhee, but I could see it being Hughes.

he would be my second favourite, he has a good squad there but despite a good start to his career, he seemed to struggle towards the end of the season, if he carries on the poor form then he may well be punted

anyone reckon Neil Lennon with be up to the task?

Edited by Libero

I've gone for Danny Lennon. Not so sure filling up your team with 'Beath players is a great idea. They may well struggle between that and a rookie manager. MacPherson did well for them. They could well press the panic button.

I think Hughes and Mixu will both see the season out. De Graff has a good pedigree so could see Hibs hit Top Six again, without that much of a struggle. Mixu's done well with smaller teams in the past, so could well be the man to make Killie stay up.

McGhee will really struggle. A good shout for the sack, especially if he continues to have a problem getting players in. He barely has a team as it is.

Lennon's targets seem bizarre. McManus, Hooijveld and Loovens, with Rogne, Thompson and O'Dea in reserve are good enough for the SPL. They just had a silly number of central defender injuries last year. Campbell is a waste of money. Three of four years ago, Bullard would have been a fine acquisition but too long out with poor form and injury. We'll see about Darryl Murphy but the striking position is the place definitely needed. Stokes would seem to be the ideal purchase. In fact, Liam Miller would also be a good acquisition to sit with Scott Brown. But unless he gets a striker in, then I can't see the likes of Fortune or Samaras suddenly being goal machines. A lot of players required for Celtic, plus Lennon struggled against some teams last season. Even if he did win in the end, it was far from convincing. I'm not sure Celtic will be much to shout home about this season.

Rangers could do with a few squad members but only really NEED one player - a replacement for Boyd. Lafferty seemed a different player when played through the middle mind you at the end of last season. A left-winger is of course still required but they did okay the last couple of years without one.

anyone reckon Neil Lennon with be up to the task?

I reckon this was a very niave appointment by the Tic board. I can see it ending in tears.

I voted for McGhee to be first to get his ass booted!

Mark McGhee simply because Aberdeen have no team and are struggling to bring anyone in and hold onto anyone. Should've gone at the end of last season and i reckon if Aberdeen pick up where they left of he will be gone.

Danny Lennon is a possibility, division 2 to the SPL is a massive jump for players (as Barrowboy found out), they will struggle without Mehmet and Dorman as well so i would say unless they start of well too then D. Lennon could well be against it, i doubt he was many Buddies fans choice as manager so it may not take much for them to become frustrated.

Yep, I'm with McGhee, too fairly luck to ride out the storms from last year, and if they don't start strongly the moaning will start again. Aberdeen are such overexpecters, just from one cup win 20 odd years ago!

SPL, more Lennons than the Beatles.

One cup win !!! I'd have another look at the record books if I was you .

I love the stupidity of the Aberdeen board " Yes Mark, we want to win the league and qualify for the Champions League group stage, but theres no money ok?" Brilliant

There not Famous anymore so Mcgee to go for me

Edited by BornCaley

I love the stupidity of the Aberdeen board " Yes Mark, we want to win the league and qualify for the Champions League group stage, but theres no money ok?" Brilliant

I very much doubt the Aberdeen board expect to win the league . Can you provide a source ?

• Disagree 2

I very much doubt the Aberdeen board expect to win the league . Can you provide a source ?

Can you provide a sence of humour ?

Can you provide a sence of humour ?

Can you spell ? Idiot .

Right now - own up ? Who on this Forum voted for "Our Tel" to be the first SPL Manager to get the boot in season 2010/2011 ? OK, Brewster may have been the first to be given the order of the boot (or "shoes off") from ICT, but, "Our Tel" - never (surely not) ! Not even if we went straight back to the SFL - we would bounce back from that too. Oh, ye of little faith! Remember the joys of umpteen wins - not in the SPL but in the SFL. I, for one, am reminiscing already about those wins and not, really, looking forward too much to the SPL. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Mark McGhee me thinks

me thnks you could be right :D

Oh Dear Oh Dear

Lets all Laff @ Mcghee and co lol

QUALITY

I particuarly enjoyed the Mcghee quote that...."The score does not reflect the way the game went".

Oh yes it does you muppet....they scored 3 times...aberdeen scored once. He seldom will admit the Dons were outplayed. Wat a plank he has become!

I particuarly enjoyed the Mcghee quote that...."The score does not reflect the way the game went".

Even if it doesn't, what should the score have been? Probably a draw against Highland League opposition at best. They completely changed their side in the 2nd half but the one that started was pretty darn close to their strongest side and they were still one down.

BTW, remember there are a few non-ICT supporters, so maybe one of them voted for the boy Butcher?

McGhee must be a good shout, I se the Dons lost 3-1 to Fraserburgh in a pre-season kickabout. McGhee said there were positives to take from the game.................try telling that to his ever faithful fans at Aberdeen, they are not amused.

I think the boy Danny Lennon as he has never managed at this level is inexperienced and has filled his side with former part time second division players. (BARROWMAN) springs to mind here looked what happened when we took him from SFL2 to SPL complete faliure.