FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stockport County 0-1 Inverness CT (FT)

caleyrule

What a feckin marked improvement from Saturday - we ran the game, some nice passing movements and we should really have scored 3 or 4. Witton Albion is in the back of beyond but again the facilities put us in the shade. Grest wee supporters club under the main stand, grub galore inside and outside and would tommy cumming be envious of the conditions of the pitch. The Berwick 17 and the Dumfries 19 looked as if it may have been under pressure but I reckon there were 30-40 Sneckites on display. The first half was really just like a training match. We played some lovely one touch and two touch football but it was all going sideways and backwards and we really didnt look like troubling them in the last third - but they never looked like troubling us. First 15-20 minutes of the second half was first class and we kept control throughout. Sutherland missed a sitter. Rosscoe missed an absolute sitter, Munro almost fired in a great volley, we were always dangerous from set pieces. Great headed finish from Shane, aptly from a great cross from Nick Ross. And Esson had his only real scare of the game at the death and pulls off a great save. We appeared to start off as a 4-5-1 but it ended up more like a 4-3-3 with Blumstein and Ross playing much further forward and giving Shane the support that he didnt get in the first half.

ESSON :_thumbup: What a difference at the back. Constantly talking and the defence looked solid and confident.

McCANN :_thumbdown: Another poor display. Got caught out of position and for pace on a few occasions. Picked up a knock but I would have hooked him at half time anyway.

MUNRO :_thumbup: Another excellent performance - never put a foot wrong and feck me he is playing football out from the backk.

INNES :_thumbup: Even better than Fleetwood with a solid performance. Struck up an immediate partnership with Munro - left and right sided - excellernt 90 minutes - never looked troubled apart from one horrendous slice in front of goals.

ROSSCOE :_wink: Jekyll and Hyde performance.Started at left back and never looked comfortable. He actually looks much fitter and leaner but he was still skinned for pace on a few occasions. Better second half at right back but again outpaced on a few occasions.

DUNCAN :_thumbup: Strolled through the game and in control of midfield

COX :_thumbup: Controlled with Russell and probaly just outshone him - especially in the second half.

ROSS :_header: Close to MOM - rlatively quiet in the first half but burst in to life in the second - showed some great ball control, pace and mostly great cross deliveries. Grew in confidence as the game went on

SANCHEZ :_argghh: Struggled throughout - again picked up a knock but again I would have hooked him anyway.

BLUMSTEIN :_header: Another Jekyll and Hyde - He was played wide left in the first half and spent most of the time - ineffectively cutting in on to his right foot and mostly mispassing BUT when he was played in a more central position just behind shane he began to show a bit of class - plus he runs his heart out, back tracks and tackles.

SUTHERLAND :_header: Impressed me at fleetwood and even more so tonight. Up on his own throughout but put himself about and gone hold the ball up well. As good a young front striker as we have had in years - as I said on saturday Rooneyesque.

GOLLY :_thumbup: Perhaps he came on when we were taking control but he played well.

SHINNIE :_header: Young and inexperienced but another that showed promise.

How many feckin subs did they take on ??

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
  • Agree 1