FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BBC Celtic

kilda

At last. I'm beginning to think there's a conspiracy against ICT...

I doubt it. Given how little coverage we get in a lot of the national media, for the reasons Alex rightly mentions, I doubt the BBC would care enough to have some kind of vendetta against us!

I'm happy being the underdog in a lot of situations. Just means we can get on with the job they way we want to without any added pressure.

I don't think we do badly in the old media coverage. In fact I would go as far as to say we get considerably more air time/column space that other SPL clubs such as St Mirren, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hamilton or Motherwell.

At times, due to our location, short history, success and the high profile of our manager, we are viewed by oterh teams fans as the darlings of the media. Granted it's always the same when you play one of the OF but certainly (aside from 5 Live not even mentioning our result yesterday on their early bulletin) we have had huge coverage of the fantastic result yesterday.

For me, we do ok.

Aye and now they have every set of highlights up except ours on the website. Useless.

Huzzah! Only took them an hour.

Aye and now they have every set of highlights up except ours on the website. Useless.
Perhaps the quality of our goals was causing their system to crash. :biggrin:

For those who like to criticise and concoct conspiracy theories where there are none ... let me play Devil's advocate and support the BBC on this one .... Here are a few facts to consider .....

1. They have 4 matches played on the same day and have to edit 90+ minutes of footage from them all. I do agree there may be an element of "lets get the OF games edited first" but at the end of the day one game will be first and others will follow, they are unlikely to have multiple squads of people editing down the footage for the web.

2. I know from experience that editing footage is not quick. The final clip may only be 5 or 6 minutes long but it takes a lot longer than that to edit, re-edit, get the voiceovers correct and then compile/convert it all into a usable format for the web where you have to get the balance right between filesize and bitrate. It is not easy.

3. Some 'normal' games may be easier to edit in terms of what footage to show ... but in a game like yesterday's it will be harder to edit because there is likely a lot more they would like to show than they can fit into the allowed clip duration !!! The BBC cant just show as much as they like. Their media agreement only allows a certain number of minutes from each game so deciding what makes it and what doesnt in a game like yesterday's is hard and time consuming.

4. Regardless of the order they are edited in, there are "holdback" rules in place that mean they cannot be put online until something like 10pm Sunday for the Saturday games (might have changed - that rule was tied to TV broadcast times) and midnight Sunday for the Sunday games. As each game goes online I am sure they will test them to make sure the links work and the video is of decent quality (I know we test this before the pages go live on the official site !!) ... testing this may mean the whole process of getting highlights of 4-6 games online may take an hour or more ....... you just need to have a little patience !!!!!

Huzzah! Only took them an hour.

Perhaps the quality of our goals was causing their system to crash. :biggrin:

For those who like to criticise and concoct conspiracy theories where there are none ... let me play Devil's advocate and support the BBC on this one .... Here are a few facts to consider .....

1. They have 4 matches played on the same day and have to edit 90+ minutes of footage from them all. I do agree there may be an element of "lets get the OF games edited first" but at the end of the day one game will be first and others will follow, they are unlikely to have multiple squads of people editing down the footage for the web.

2. I know from experience that editing footage is not quick. The final clip may only be 5 or 6 minutes long but it takes a lot longer than that to edit, re-edit, get the voiceovers correct and then compile/convert it all into a usable format for the web where you have to get the balance right between filesize and bitrate. It is not easy.

3. Some 'normal' games may be easier to edit in terms of what footage to show ... but in a game like yesterday's it will be harder to edit because there is likely a lot more they would like to show than they can fit into the allowed clip duration !!! The BBC cant just show as much as they like. Their media agreement only allows a certain number of minutes from each game so deciding what makes it and what doesnt in a game like yesterday's is hard and time consuming.

4. Regardless of the order they are edited in, there are "holdback" rules in place that mean they cannot be put online until something like 10pm Sunday for the Saturday games (might have changed - that rule was tied to TV broadcast times) and midnight Sunday for the Sunday games. As each game goes online I am sure they will test them to make sure the links work and the video is of decent quality (I know we test this before the pages go live on the official site !!) ... testing this may mean the whole process of getting highlights of 4-6 games online may take an hour or more ....... you just need to have a little patience !!!!!

Lol! Are you on the BBC payroll?

Seriously though, there may be a number of reasons for the times in which the clips go online - fact is that the highlights are there now and very strongly in favour of ICT!!

:tongue: not on the BBC payroll, but just appreciative that a) we have highlights in the first place and b) that they are online pretty damn quickly all things considered !!!

The highlights were good. I was surprised to see our highlights in the middle of the sportsscene programme as opposed to the end. (Not that it matters in the slightest with them being up online.) Being back in the top flight is so much better coverage wise. Does anyone have any ideas about BBC Alba coverage of ICT this season? I've noticed they're showing the Aberdeen Kilmarnock game this Saturday.

At last. I'm beginning to think there's a conspiracy against ICT...

I doubt it. Given how little coverage we get in a lot of the national media, for the reasons Alex rightly mentions, I doubt the BBC would care enough to have some kind of vendetta against us!

I'm happy being the underdog in a lot of situations. Just means we can get on with the job they way we want to without any added pressure.

This was said very much tongue in cheek. I obviously forgot to insert appropriate smilie to make it clear that was the intention.