FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Morton : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Attendance at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium today ....1893.

Well, that is hardly inspiring is it. Sigh!

It will turn to 11,000 if we make the semis! :(

I don't know about that, mate - I've got a feeling we'd take far fewer down than we did for our previous two semis. Playing in Glasgow against 'big' opposition isn't the novelty it once was for many of our supporters. If we were to get to the final, on the other hand...

No cup shocks today, then. Pity Ayr couldn't do the business over St Mirren.

Attendance at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium today ....1893.

Well, that is hardly inspiring is it. Sigh!

It will turn to 11,000 if we make the semis! :(

I don't know about that, mate - I've got a feeling we'd take far fewer down than we did for our previous two semis. Playing in Glasgow against 'big' opposition isn't the novelty it once was for many of our supporters. If we were to get to the final, on the other hand...

No cup shocks today, then. Pity Ayr couldn't do the business over St Mirren.

Funny I was going to type 7000 but thought i'd boost it up! I hear ya!

I know there's a certain "only Morton" feeling in this result, but the fact we got 3 different players on the team sheet and never looked in any trouble should give everyone a bit of a boost.

If we can get Hayes back to full fitness then I really think with him on one side and Doran on the other then we can really stretch the opposition and (finally) start using the width at TCS to our advantage over the rest of the season.

• Agree 5

The performance for me was more important than the scoreline. The new boys gave the team a real boost - Chris Hogg was superb, Doran was excellent, and although Macdonald was only on for 10 minutes, he did enough to suggest he'll do just fine here. He reminded me of Jonny Hayes. It was like someone forget to tell the new trio how bad we are supposed to perform at home.

TB has some interesting problems to face up to now - like who's he going to leave out for the up-coming games against both the Saints?

Good game today all the same, with a performance which could rekindle our season, and get us back into contention for a Top 6 spot.... Even if was only Morton - and let's face it, we struggled to beat them last time we played them at home.

I noticed from the BBC text page that ICT seemed to have a complete dominance with their number of corners recorded over a short period of time far outweighing those of the Morton team. Long may it continue.

I can't help wondering if these two loan players may be in Terry's sights for eventual paid transfers if they continue to do well.

Wikipedia's comments on the "Transfer Windows" situation indicates that quite often a loan is paid with an already-agreed fee attached to cover this future possibility.

These young lads may not be quite, or even nearly ready, for the big time of the EPL but they may thrive and blossom in the smaller and probably more relaxed atmosphere and stadia of the SPL.Especially under the experienced eye of Terry Butcher.

So, a couple or three very good years cracking in the goals for Caley Thistle may be to the benefit of all parties.

As I said....long may it continue.

Was at the game today, blooming cold! Dorran had a great game down the left wing. Hogg was solid at the back and scored a great glancing header. It was good to see us dominating the game, poor Tuffey spent most of the game trying to keep warm on the edge of his box. Hope they show Rooneys miss on sportscene tonight, 6 yards out, takes a touch from the squared ball, goal gaping, he proceeds to fall over it!!! lmao. I thought MacDonald could have been given a longer run out, at 4-0 the game was over and should have been brought on sooner than the 8 mins he got. If we get a kind draw, Hampden here we come!:twothumbsup:

Looking forward to sportscene tonight!!

When's the draw for the quarters? Can't find it. Would expect it to be tomorrow but it's the English that do that after games eh? Guessing it will be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Looking forward to sportscene tonight!!

When's the draw for the quarters? Can't find it. Would expect it to be tomorrow but it's the English that do that after games eh? Guessing it will be Tuesday or Wednesday.

After the Rangers Celtic game tomorrow, according to Radio Scotland today.

Comforting performance after some of the SPL shiiiirubbish. Morton were too square at the back and we picked them off easily at times although they stuck to their guns, and fair play to them scored a decent goal after a bit of typical ICT defending. We probably should have scored about ten, but there you go we settled for five, or six if you count Rooneys fluff.

For those that could not be there, we were totally dominant and had some great performances, especially from Doran, lets see more please. Foran looked a class apart and Rooney should definitely have scored a hat-trick if not five.

We deserved this scoreline, don't worry guys and girls.

Doran and Hogg were my men of the match, Hogg dominated at back and wasnt' sitting back, got right in there

Doran was brill on wing and looks like a real find.

Butcher going to have some unhappy players about being left out in weeks to come as choice is starting to appear whereas previously team almost picked itself

Well done getting into next round, potential banana skin, but handled it well

Fantastic performance today. We looked like a team for the first time in ages. Doran and Hogg did enough to earn themselves a place in next weeks line up. Football was none to shabby either, great little flick ons and one twos getting played here and there.

What really pleased me was the 4-4-2 system today, especially Rooney and Foran who complemented each other very well. The way we worked the flanks too, got many crosses in with 2 of the 5 coming from crosses into the area. Hogg's header was superb.

Rooney's miss had me in stitches, dont know what he was trying but whatever it was he got it wrong :rotflmao:

Felt sorry for Sanchez, made a great impact when he came on, setting up Hogg for the goal and was always pushing forward. Hope his injury isnt too serious as i was still a tad unconvinced by Eric.

After that performance it looks like we are getting back to our best, more of the same please. :ictscarf:

Edited by ajsict92

Good game :D

Doran was impressive can't wait to see him in the spl. Best game I've seen Caley play in a while. This will have boosted their confidence!

Good to see Rooney get back on the score sheet along with foran. Also nice to see a goal from Hogg!

Looking forward to seeing the highlights! How long will we get?