FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The race to the SPL

Alex MacLeod

Assuming the three top teams win on saturday then Falkirk will drop out of the race. The crucial game will be on 23rd when Raith travel to Dunfermline. Personally I feel Dunfermline will have the edge and finally get back to the top league but I wouldn't back against Raith. Both places are a good day out but I think Dunfermline is that little bit better and I'm looking forward to a trip or two there next season. Whats the thoughts of others?

Bridies ergo Pars (a new Latin motto for them?)

Falkrik and Raith Rovers grounds are a hassle to get to by train. At least with East End Park it's only a 5 minute walk. Oh, and the Bridies are good - did I mention that? nom nom.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Pars for me on the basis of the way they looked after the Highland Marchers a few years. Its also easier to access by rail, the pies are better and its Buffy's team. :biggrin:

If I were a selfish person, then it would be Raith Rovers as they're probably the most likely to go back down (being a smaller club with presumably a smaller budget). But I like a competitive league, so Dunfermline for me. Be nice having many of the major towns/cities represented in the SPL.

Falkrik and Raith Rovers grounds are a hassle to get to by train. At least with East End Park it's only a 5 minute walk.

Starks isn't any further from a station than East End Park, is it? From memory it certainly can't be more than 10 minutes.

Oh, and the train will even stop right at the ground for you, if you pull the emergency stop at the right moment.

Falkrik and Raith Rovers grounds are a hassle to get to by train. At least with East End Park it's only a 5 minute walk.

Starks isn't any further from a station than East End Park, is it? From memory it certainly can't be more than 10 minutes.

Oh, and the train will even stop right at the ground for you, if you pull the emergency stop at the right moment.

did wonder about the train thing when we last went to Raith it was handy for the ground and town for food and refreshments.

Tis a good fifteen minute walk from station to ground which is much the same for Dunfermline.

Last time ICT played at Kirkcaldy (Raith), one fan actually was so bored she counted the number of trains which passed during the game - 23! Do any of these trains stop, if requested? for fans to attend games?

Dunfermline Town station to East End Park is well under a mile - especially with the shortcut through the park. Kirkcaldy to Starks Park is well over a mile. For me the galling thing is that the train goes right past Starks.

Either way, another team on the East Coast is handier for me. I'll be glad to see the back of Hamilton - it's a bit depressing.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

I want Raith. Found out recently there's a ferry that goes regularly from Edinburgh to Kirkaldy. Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh then a wee boat ride would certainly make the day out a bit different. bouncyblue.gif

They ran a hovercraft for a one week trail - it finished after the week though. Dunfermline Town to EEP is 0.8 of a mile, kirkcaldy station to Starks is 1.1 miles according to my sat nav. My satnav has been known to be wrong though - ask Caleystan.

I want Raith. Found out recently there's a ferry that goes regularly from Edinburgh to Kirkaldy. Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh then a wee boat ride would certainly make the day out a bit different. bouncyblue.gif

Did that ever get of the ground. Remember way back when it was being discussed it was dependant on subsidies from bridge tolls but these have since been scrapped. I think Stagecoach have plans for a hovercraft but not for a couple of years yet.