FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for the 'Deen

Renegade

For me, a similar set up to the St Johnstone game but with a couple of minor changes -

Esson

Tokely Hogg Munro Gillet

Sutherland Cox Duncan Doran

Rooney Foran

Subs - Tuffey, Innes, Golabek, Duff, Ross, Odhiambo, MacDonald

Tokely comes back in to right back as I feel that is his strongest position and also it moves Hogg back into his strongest position. This thus, with the exclusion of Chris Innes who didn't play badly on Monday, in my opinion gives ICT the strongest four man defence it can have at this time. Rooney and Foran stay as the two battering-ram-like front line with Doran and Sutherland keeping their places on the wings. The only other change I make is the swapping of Nick Ross for Russell Duncan. While I felt that Ross and Cox both had admirable and much improved games from previous appearances in the game on Monday, I feel that ICT lack the physical bite that is needed in the middle of the park, particularly in games such as these.

Edited by Renegade

Absence of Foran is a real blow. 3 months ago Odhiambo would have been the replacement, but I wonder whether TB will push Nick Ross further forward, or even play Sutherland as a second striker.

I think TB might bring Duff back in at right back - I can remember a few times where Rossco has been tied in knots by Aluko.

Russeldinho is always up for a game against Aberdeen - so I'd love to find a way to fit him in.

The team for me:

Esson

Duff Hogg Munro Gillet

Sutherland Duncan Cox Doran

Ross

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Tokely, Golabek, Innes, Morrison, MacDonald, Odhiambo

Esson

Duff, Hogg, Tokely, Gillet

Ross, Cox, Duncan*, Doran

Rooney, MacDonald

Susb: Tuffey, Innes, Munro, Morrison, Sanchez*, Odhiambo, Sutherland