FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gringo

Not a bad gate considering is was a Monday night fixture. Total respect to all those that risked the A96..  :025:

Previous gates (SPL) for this fixture (at TCS) were:

I hope the club get a good pay out for the loss at the gate.

Can I claim damages off Setanta for the trauma caused to me and my family after my irrate ranting and raving over the moving of this fixture....I've calmed down a bit now...but I'm still feckin seething at missing out on a weekend in Inverness.

Dear Setanta - please arrange these letters into a suitable word.  K E R S W A N

'but I'm still feckin seething at missing out on a weekend in Inverness. '

I'm very sure you will make up for it it the near future Gringo!!

Well impressed with the turnout, the bridge end was near full, and it looked like Dons had about 1200-1400 in their end.

I was very impressed by the Dons fans - some of them "did a RIG" and were still arriving 20 mins after kickoff!

RIG -  :016:

I reckon Calderwood was about to make half him team walk home though, so there would have been room on the team bus for some of them!

The club might be ok but what about all those bars, restaurants, B&B's/Hotels etc etc that have missed out on a extra 2000+ visitors to the city. Compensating the club doesn't got far enough. Its complete bollox. :008:

I was very impressed by the Dons fans - some of them "did a RIG" and were still arriving 20 mins after kickoff!

Pfft! Hardly!  :006: Doing a RiG is turning up 40 minutes late  :015:

Big Rig it!  :011:

Guest PaulieBee

Pfft! Hardly!  :006: Doing a RiG is turning up 40 minutes late  :015:

Big Rig it!  :011:

:015: :015: :015:

Seriously, it was a good turn out considering.

By the way Mr Gringo, I can see the logic of your plan now.

You love Setanta really dont you?...go on admit it. You just want a free subscription for all the extra publicity that you are so generously giving them.  :016:

Gringo I know your sore at missing the game but to extend youre arguement to pubs and B and Bs just doesnt hold water. ICT is a football club, it is there to promote football and to do so it needs to take in as much money as it can. Setanta are offering an extra £250K or so per club for the Monday night facility and in relation to that ICT can and should only look after it's own interests. So if £20K is lost to gain £250K, that sounds like a good deal, even though I dont particularly like football being fragemented all over three days and i in particular enjoy my Saturday afternoon game followed by a full evening in the pub.

ICT and Setanta have no responsability at all to B and Bs, pubs etc. They all actually do quite well out of football and therefore need to accept the sport as it is. I actually don't believe the Inverness economy as a whole would have lost out much at all since the main downturn was of around 600-800 Aberdeen fans who just arrive, watch and head back along the A96.

In fact I get a bit pissed off with all these claims that this that and the other events put huge amounts into the local economy. At best, most of them rearrange the allocation of money that will be going into the local economy anyway and, in relation to the total GDP of Inverness, any extra is realy just sweeties.

What about all those Vets bills for all the cats I've kicked over the weekend? But, aye, you're probably right Mainstander I don't suppose they'd notice a jot about lost revenue. On the other hand my local boozer and curry house benifted from my 'unexpected' visit to them this weekend as did Walsall football club. What goes around comes around I suppose.

Didn't arf feck me off though missing out on this game and a weekend away from Coventry Nil. (Bet you couldn't tell!)

I'm going to sulk in peace now and leave you all alone.

(Hope to feck they don't move the Motherwell game on 2nd Dec....but hey, it'll probably be snowing by then eh!)