FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team fer Huns

Esson

Piermayr Tokely Aldred Gillet*

Ross Jones Tansey

Sutherland Foran Hayes

* - If Gillet is injured, then a straight swap with Graeme Shinnie.

Subs - Tuffey, Tade, Hogg, A. Shinnie, Doran, Proctor, G. Shinnie

Esson

Peirmayr - Hogg - Aldred - G.Shinnie

Jones

Hayes - Ross - Tansey - Doran

Foran

As I said on the tactics board, I think we've got a good attacking midfield that would allow us to play a very effective 4-1-4-1.

Tokely/Hogg/Aldred - well, we're still seeing the right combination. We'll try this combination and see how it goes but Tokely definitely on the bench, ready to come on.

• Agree 2

Esson

Piermayr, Hogg, Tokely, *G. Shinnie

Hayes, Jones, Tansey, Doran

Ross

Foran

Subs: Tuffey, Aldred, Morrison, A. Shinnie, Proctor, Sutherland, Tade

* G. Shinnie goes in provided Gillet isnt fit, if Gillet is fit then i would put him in and Shinnie can have Proctors place on the bench.

Maybe one of the mods could please change the offensive word used by the OP in the title thread

We don't need this old filth tit for tat point scoring terminology on this site

Cheers

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

I dont mind if the title is ammended to say Rangers and appease the displeasure of the Hanoverian Monarch otherwise known as Dougal - who I suspect is also getting on the bandwagon and taking legal action against the media who actually coined the knickname in the first instance after the Union jack waving bigots ran amok in Newcastle. It has always been part of my culture to refer to the Old Filth as the Huns and the Tims - evidently a faux pas in modern day society. Even the fans of Ross County are offended by old names used in satirical banter. Whats next - The Jam Tarts, The Bully Wee !!

• Agree 3

I dont mind if the title is ammended to say Rangers and appease the displeasure of the Hanoverian Monarch otherwise known as Dougal - who I suspect is also getting on the bandwagon and taking legal action against the media who actually coined the knickname in the first instance after the Union jack waving bigots ran amok in Newcastle. It has always been part of my culture to refer to the Old Filth as the Huns and the Tims - evidently a faux pas in modern day society. Even the fans of Ross County are offended by old names used in satirical banter. Whats next - The Jam Tarts, The Bully Wee !!

IHE - do you think Dougal will even remotely understand this!!!

Hunnoun /hən/ 

Huns, plural

1. A member of a warlike Asiatic nomadic people who ravaged Europe in the 4th?5th centuries
  2. A reckless or uncivilized destroyer of something - Describes Rangers fans quite well I'd have thought. So not offensive. And Quite accurate.
  3. A German (esp. in military contexts during World War I and World War II)
  4. Germans collectively

My team for ze Ger(man)s is -

- Esson -

- Piermayr - Hogg - Aldred - Gillet -

-Jones-

- Hayes - Tansey - Ross - Doran -

- Foran -

Bench - Tuffey, Tokely, Sutherland, A.Shinnie, G. Shinnie, Tade, Proctor.

If Gillet is out play Shinnie, if both out play Piermayr at left back and either Tokely or Proctor at right back. Reckon we have to start with this (or similar) conservative starting line up which actual has alot of attacking potential and floods the midfield. Rangers are strong through the middle and we'll need numbers to deal with that as well as having the player to quickly offer danger to their defence.

Edited by iamthecaptain1

I remember Ross Tokely playing in midfield in the past - maybe he could be the answer to the holding midfielder position that seems to be lacking.

Also we have the unlikely `problem` of having too many options at the moment - not knowing as yet the best formation. Plenty of time i guess.

But the young ones helped us thru the good run G.Shinnie, Ross in particular - Rangers are not firing on all cylinders yet!

ESSON

PIERMYER HOGG ALDRED G.SHINNIE

TOKELY

ROSS TANSEY JONES HAYES

FORAN

Oh dear!!!!

:redcard:

As far as I can make out both the above terms have been banned from Pie & Bovril so why not here?

Lets hope Alex Salmond and his government eradicate this so called culture problems in the future and make Scotland a more pleasant land to live in

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Disappointing retort - thought the mascot one was class.

Back to the subject - wouldnt it be nice if one day - in the not too distant future that there is commonality between the choice of teams. That is a problem that we have had in the past - can appreciate that it may take another few games - but I am concerned that Terry and Mo do not appear to have setlled on a starting X1 and are showing signs again of sticking with certain players despite quite a lot of opposition from the supporters.

• Disagree 1

In my opinion, based on the Dunfermline match, Hogg is far from fit and should be on the bench.

I'd start with

Esson

Piermayr, Tokely, Aldred, Shinnie G.

Hayes, Tansy, Shinnie A, Doran

Foran, Tade

Bench:- Tuffey, Hogg, Tudor-Jones, Morrison, Sutherland, Ross

My reasoning for leaving T-Jones and Ross out of the start is that they are likely to have fairly tough games for countries on wed (Aaron plays for RoI on tuesday so has an extra day to recover) and may not be 100% recovered.