FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tade v Rooney

12th Man

Rooney took a while to settle in but he showed promise and I always felt he would become a valuable goalscorer.

He gained strength, knowledge and confidence in a short period of time.

Tade works hard - but does not inspire confidence in the same way. He will NOT emulate Rooney.

That said, I'd far sooner have him up front than Foran. Perhaps with Mackay or Sutherland playing just ahead.

And just how often have you seen MacKay play to come to the conclusion that you would far rather see him playing upfront with Tade than Foran?

Never - but I've seen enough of Foran in that position to convince me ANYONE would be better.

Did you go to any games last season? Or the season before that? Foran may not be the most talented, most prolific or the most level headed but the man is hard as nails and he has a real get up and go about him that other players dont have. Never gives up on lost causes and is a player that fights to the end. These traits have seen us pick up points that looked less than likely during a game and at times he's been the main reason why. Yes he hasnt been firing on all cylinders this season, same could be said for everyone.

I dont see how anyone can make comparrisons between Tade and Rooney. They are two very different players with very different styles. I would liken Tade to Graham Bayne. A forward who can work, can hold up the ball and can lay it off for others. Rooney, on the other hand, was very much the poacher. he was the one in the right position when the ball was laid off.

I believe Tade will score a few more goals for us but I dont think it will be many. He will provide killer balls for others though.

we were fortunate to have had Rooney whilst he was in the form that helped us

we are now fortunate to have Tade look forward to his success also

Foran also should be in the team in ANY position such is is influence & effort & honestyi

• Agree 1

I think that the bottom line is that neither are natural strikers - both have their strengths, particularly Foran and/but both are not playing in their natural or chosen position. I feel that Foran should be either central or left midfield. As for Tade I am less sure - he is a worker so he could be used as an extra central midfielder but I feel that his natural urge is to attack and not to defend so "in the hole" or a supporting role is his best if not only niches. I would love to know where Tade would personally prefer to play.

The other issue is that we would not be hving this debate if we had signed a traditional centre forward during the cahotic pre season where we set up the feck up that is now happening.

• Disagree 1