FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Toronto FC - Dream Job

Scotty

Toronto FC are running a contest right now to find someone for the "Dream Job"

The job in question is someone to be the "face of the club" and travel with the team to games, conduct player interviews for TV and Web and generally become the media darling for the fans.

The first round is over and no, I did not enter - there were far better candidates, but one of my friends, and a total diehard supporter is in the running. Bobby is the "capo" at the front of the supporters section and leads the chants at every home game .... He buys his season ticket like everyone else, but unlike everyone else, when the game starts, he turns his back on the product he paid to watch, and instead choreographs and encourages the supporters to make some noise !!! If there ever was a 12th man, he is it !

The problem, as with most competitions, is that some of the others are ringers with no affiliation to the team, and who are not "real" supporters but are applying hoping that they get it as part of their media degrees .... 5 of the finalists come from the University of Windsor about 2-3 hours drive west of Toronto (right next to Detroit) and one of them even thought the "Skydome" (or Rogers Centre as its officially known now) was actually BMO Field !!!! They are getting loads of votes as they encourage fellow students to vote for them for the position so I am now asking the same from my Facebook, Twitter and ICT/CTO friends ...... if you are willing, please go to the link below and vote for Bobby Brasz !!!!!

Here are his promo videos created by fellow supporters

(his voice is croaky as he had just led the chants at the TFC -V- LA Galaxy game the night before and unlike the other candidates, he did not take advantage of, or boast on twitter about, the free passes and VIP treatment that was offered)

and here is a bang on the money article from a well known local journalist

http://www.canadians....php?2935-Bobby

Bobby deserves this job !!!!

You should be able to vote here (sorry, no direct link as I cant access Facebook at work):

http://bit.ly/z7m1Cn

this link should work i think: https://apps.faceboo...oteable_entries

Edited by Scotty
added direct facebook link

Best of luck to him. :thumbup:

Got me thinking, what if ICT were running a contest like this for a similar role? Would we end up with IHE as "the face of ICT", (or the ugly face of football)?

Post match interviews with the manager would certainly be interesting.

Terry: Why am I having to lie on a couch for this? And shouldn't you be holding a microphone rather than a voddie'n'coke?

IHE: Yet more deflection. Now, tell me about your father.....

the rules give the club the option of choosing who they want ... or no-one at all !!! think this stage ends at midnight today (4am your time as our clocks went forward last week) .... and then the final 5 are chosen .....